News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Speedo cable routing

Started by bull, May 16, 2012, 10:22:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

Quote from: gtx6970 on May 21, 2012, 08:40:55 AM
Comes out of the trans then goes over and thru a clip thats spot welded to the floorpan , then turns and goes forwad along the frame rail

best one I got
As far as under dash  I don't think there is or was any kind of routing clip on a B-body

Great pic. :2thumbs: Do you sell these both as a kit and individually? What kind of screws are used to fasten those two to the inner fender? Nevermind, I found it on your site. I'll probably be getting that one from you soon. Are those pieces plated or bare steel?

HeavyFuel

here's one of the map light.

HeavyFuel

sorry for the size....kinda big....and just over all random-ness.  I've got a ton of pics of my car during dis-assy.

HeavyFuel

more

HeavyFuel

more

HeavyFuel

still more

HeavyFuel

more still

HeavyFuel

ok this is it.

bull

Wow, thanks. :2thumbs: So what do the other two ends of that harness plug into? My harness is pictured below and there's the three spade plug with two yellows and a pink, and then the single spade plug with a yellow tracer wire. Those ends are what I can't figure out but I'm leaning toward time-delay relay on the big plug. No idea yet on the other unless it's part of the door switch deal.

A383Wing

yea...the 3 prong plug is for the time delay thingy

Bryan

HeavyFuel

I took another look for a pic of where that harness might connect to....of course....I'm not finding it.  :shruggy:  I have hundred of pics, but it seem like that all important one never gets taken. :-\

I ca go and look at my dash (on the workbench) and see if I can figure things out.   It might be a few days from now.

Here is the speedo cable from under.

bull

Quote from: A383Wing on May 22, 2012, 10:18:35 PM
yea...the 3 prong plug is for the time delay thingy

Bryan

Yea, it has to be but why do the 68 schematics only show two wires going to it? :shruggy: :brickwall:

Quote from: HeavyFuel on May 22, 2012, 11:07:55 PM
I took another look for a pic of where that harness might connect to....of course....I'm not finding it.  :shruggy:  I have hundred of pics, but it seem like that all important one never gets taken. :-\

I ca go and look at my dash (on the workbench) and see if I can figure things out.   It might be a few days from now.

Here is the speedo cable from under.

Thanks. Much appreciated. :2thumbs:

bull

And I think I figured out the lone yellow wire. Looks like it goes to the ignition switch courtesy light plug (which is busted).