News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 Pontiac GTO

Started by kevink, May 11, 2012, 09:25:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevink

Hey Guys,
     You are going to have a hard time believing what I am about to tell you but, I need your help getting some details on this car. I farm part time (cattle) and went by today to look at some equipment that someone has that will be auctioned off tomorrow. One of the items sitting quitely in one of the rows for sale is a sweet looking numbers matching (according to the auctioneer) 1969 Pontiac GTO. Now where I need help is trying to get a ball park of what I should pay. Now, I do not what to pay top $ for it. I would rather spend that money on a charger. It has cold air and all. I would say a nice 7.5 out of 10.... Is anyone on here a closet Pontiac GTO man/woman? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Kevin K.

404NOTFOUND

I don't know about value. They were always a great looking car. I took one for a drive back in the day. That 400 motor was not fast at all. Still a car worth having though.
My 1969 Charger. RIP......Rest in pieces.

Budnicks

Price can vary so much in GTO's depends on if it's a Ram Air IV or III, The Judge or not, what wheels, what colors even, what options etc., many different factors here some nice ones for your Poncho enjoyment, you can try over at www.highperformancepontiac.com forums, there are a bunch of great Poncho guys there, that can be very specific & informative...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Tilar

Went to an auction probably 6 years or so ago and saw the funniest thing I think I've ever witnessed at an auction and it regarded a really nice 69 GTO. Bidding started at 5k and it went up from there.  The auctioneer was doing his thing and somewhere around 15k this guy maybe in his upper 40's got in on it and was bidding like crazy on it. As soon as the other guys would up the bid he would raise his hand upping it again another thousand.  Finally it gets up to 23, the guy bids 24 and it just stopped dead. The auctioneer finally hits the gavel and says SOLD, 24,000 dollars and the guy that got the bid turned white as a sheet and says 24.... THOUSAND??  Everybody laughed but the auctioneer. They had to do the auction again and if I remember right it sold at 20k.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

dstryr

What happened with the GTO?
dstryr, since 1986.

Bill of Rights
Must be 18. Void where prohibited. Not available in all states. Some restrictions apply.