News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"Weedeater 20" Lawn Mower Question

Started by MoparManJim, May 10, 2012, 04:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoparManJim

Hi guys, I have a slight issue here, recently I been working with a new mower, well it takes a certain kind of oil.. Well it did come with an oil quart but before I could look at the quart battle a friend of mine decided to burn the trash and along with that burn the empty quart as well  :brickwall: :brickwall: before I could check out the info on it so that I could get more oil for the mower.

It's a "Weedeater 20" mower, I need to know the brand of oil, d if it's 2 cycle or 4 cycle stuff and if it is Detergent OR Non-Detergent type. I don't want to fry the engine on the mower. If only my friend wouldn't have burnt the dang empty quart I would have all this info already...  :brickwall: 

PS we also called the stores and they was no help either..

skip68

I'm gonna go out on a limb here Jim ........
Try looking up the model on the internet.   
I know, I know,  it's a long shot but what the heck, take a chance.     :nana:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Fred

Is the engine by any chance a Briggs & Stratten (4 stroke)?
If so use four stroke small engine monograde SAE30 oil and you'll be right Jim.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

MoparManJim

Quote from: skip68 on May 10, 2012, 05:35:45 PM
Side note, any model updates?   

Yes sir.. I just did some updating over on facebook  :2thumbs: and more to come this weekend as well..

MoparManJim

Quote from: Fred on May 10, 2012, 05:45:29 PM
Is the engine by any chance a Briggs & Stratten (4 stroke)?
If so use four stroke small engine monograde SAE30 oil and you'll be right Jim.

Thank you sir  :2thumbs: :cheers: 

Yes the motor is a 4 stroke.. got the info also that I needed. Plus some small info from this site from your reply as well. 

A383Wing

skip68

I didn't know weed eater made a lawnmower.  Does it do a pretty good job? 

MoparManJim

Quote from: A383Wing on May 10, 2012, 06:40:45 PM
does that thing gotta hemi??
Nea, BUT one probably be arranged to bolted right onto the mower deck though  :2thumbs:

MoparManJim

Quote from: skip68 on May 10, 2012, 06:45:18 PM
I didn't know weed eater made a lawnmower.  Does it do a pretty good job?  

:shruggy: neighter did I! But they do..

It cuts the grass very well, but I did ind out it has a so so rep though, but like anything though, it's a chance that all things has.

twodko

Yessir, four stroke engine fo sho and 10w40 will work just fine. Use fresh gas too......you won't wrench your arm outta it's socket trying to start it.  :Twocents:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

resq302

funny you mention that brand.  I have a Weedeater garden tractor that has a 13 1/2 hp engine.  Apparently, Weedeater is made by Electrolux who also is known for their vacuum cleaners.  It actually mows the lawn pretty well and aside from being so light weight that the tires spin easily on the grass, it is a pretty damn good tractor.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

A383Wing

Quote from: resq302 on May 10, 2012, 08:53:56 PM
funny you mention that brand.  I have a Weedeater garden tractor that has a 13 1/2 hp engine.  Apparently, Weedeater is made by Electrolux who also is known for their vacuum cleaners.  It actually mows the lawn pretty well and aside from being so light weight that the tires spin easily on the grass, it is a pretty damn good tractor.

how does it do on the shag carpet?

Bryan   :D

resq302

probably trim it once nicely but doubt anything would grow back.   :smilielol:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

bill440rt

We have an Electrolux vacuum. It sucks awesome!!  :nana:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

MoparManJim

Quote from: bill440rt on May 10, 2012, 10:30:35 PM
We have an Electrolux vacuum. It sucks awesome!!  :nana:

Yea and maybe it can suck the water in the pound photo that you posted in another thread dry for you too  :icon_smile_angry:  :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: