News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

what can we put a v10 in...............

Started by mauve66, May 09, 2012, 07:36:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mauve66

this thing will be awesum when done, without looking close (and who looks close at a maverick?) you'd never know what hit you, especially with a stock hood

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnIa-Wz_wxA
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Indygenerallee

Ridiculous, The weight of that V10 is going to eat any performance gain, I went with a 5.7 Hemi because it is easy to get it to that HP level without all that weight.
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

FLG

That v10 dosnt weight as much as you think, aluminum block and heads...

Indygenerallee

I just watched the video and yes being a Viper V10 is lighter but the initial outlay of cash to get one pales in comparison to say if you get a 6.1 Hemi and mod it and make MUCH more HP than the V10 for much cheaper.

FLG

Yeah but what fun is that? Pop open the hood to find a v10 viper engine is much more interesting

Indygenerallee

Ehh, I will pass the V-10's sound like shit.... The Viper I worked on sounded like a V6 with headers...

FLG

In the end its a Ford...do we really care  :smilielol:

There is a member doing this in his charger though, the threads somewhere on the forum. That i find much more palatable than a viper engine in a ford.

RallyeMike

QuoteRidiculous, The weight of that V10 is going to eat any performance gain, I went with a 5.7 Hemi because it is easy to get it to that HP level without all that weight.

Ya that's why everybody thinks the Viper sucks so bad.  :smilielol:

The 8.3 litre Viper engine wipes the 5.7's ass in torque and overall weight is comparable. And clearly from the video, the guy is after the "wow" factor of the viper engine.

It's a cool project. Bet the Ferd guys don't like it though. It's kind of the equivalent of putting a Vette engine in a Valiant.

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

bull

Bob T

An American mate of a mate came out here a few years ago and brought a 74 Aussie Valiant ute to take back haome and put a V10 out of a wrecked factory Viper test mule into, never heard how he went, traction challenged to say the least ...lives in Chicago and has a real russet metallic E49 as well...
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Cooter

FordMAverick.com...

There's a guy in England I believe that has a 440 Chrysler in a 1970 Maverick...Yes, there are those that look twice at a Maverick..Afterall, they were the "original" 5.0's...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

41husk

I alway thought it would be cool to have an old 331 hemi in a Challenger.  Even had a 331 and a 74 Challenger I was looking at doing.  I knew you could get much more power from a more modern plant, but was just going to do it for the cool factor :shruggy:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Indygenerallee

Rallyemike, I never said they were equal!? I said it would be EASY TO REACH THAT HP LEVEL without the weight. I would put a modded 5.7 or 6.1 built twin turbo against a Viper engine all day. Hell on a 5.7 you can gain 75 HP just on a cam swap, that's not counting every other possible mod.

TruckDriver

I never liked the V10 engine, so to me, it seems like a waste. Now if it was a Hemi  :drool5:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

RallyeMike

QuoteI would put a modded 5.7 or 6.1 built twin turbo against a Viper engine all day.

Sure. A properly built twin turbo 273 could probabaly squeek a Viper engine too. Just saying, pound for pound, HP for HP, torque for torque, and dollar for dollar, the stock Viper engine is a great set up, not a bad one compared to a modified 5.7. But everyone has a preference.

I also don't really care for the V10 exhaust note compared to a V8, and so if I was building this same car with a modern plant I'd probabaly go with the 5.7 or 6.1 also. It would be a lot less work to fit and it would have the right sound.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

surmanajaja

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-xNlhhlrHo

this is more fun. I drive a stw ford like this every day. but not with a v10...