News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Leaky washer pump?

Started by Dino, May 01, 2012, 02:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

I'm looking to order a new a/c switch from rockauto and remembered that I had a pretty bad leak at the washer pump.  I can get one for $13 but now I'm starting to wonder if it was the pump itself or the washer bottle.  Got a new one ready to go in since the old is really cracked all over.

Would it be out of the ordinary if the pump itself was leaking?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Fred

No it's not out of the ordinary.  I had a leaking pump once and it was impossible to fix so I had to buy a new one.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Dino

In that case I won't take a chance and will order a new one.  Thanks Fred!
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

ODZKing

Many times though that little rubber gasket disintegrated inside.  You could try a new one and tighten it down before you get a pump.  Not sure if you have a foot-pump or electric.  Electric is 2809013 and still available from Chrysler.  So don't pay the rediculous price from a resto place.
Even Mopar Parts America has it Part Number 2809013 
Part Name PUMP P037 W/S WASHER  MSRP $40.10 Online Price $28.38
http://www.moparpartsamerica.com/parts/index.cfm?searchText=2809013&make=Dodge&action=oePartSearch&siteid=214583
Foot one is 2932868 - that one isn't.