News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Possibly the end of Grand Spaulding Dodge....aka the Original Mr. Norms?

Started by TheAutoArchaeologist, April 27, 2012, 11:20:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheAutoArchaeologist

I had heard from a friend that surveying around Grand Spaulding Dodge.  And he was right, I investigated today and found a bunch of survey marks on the ground.  Looks like they might be getting ready to do something.

Can anyone de-cypher them?

On another note, alot of the original Mr. Norms signs across the street are becoming more clear!

Someone has even stolen the Grand and Spaulding Street Signs.

Lots more pictures below.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hemipwr70/sets/72157629914734113/with/7119977777/

Ryan

stripedelete

Looks like they located the utilities.   

On a place like that, once the roof goes you might as well knock it over.  To bad. 

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Ghoste

Are you sure the roof is gone o are you just going by the wierd angle over the main showroom?  Becaue the angle is how the place looks there, but yes, it does look like locates for sewer work.
Don't know what else you could do with it though, the area surrounding it is crap.

stripedelete

Quote from: Ghoste on April 28, 2012, 07:41:33 AM
Are you sure the roof is gone o are you just going by the weird angle over the main showroom?  Becaue the angle is how the place looks there, but yes, it does look like locates for sewer work.
Don't know what else you could do with it though, the area surrounding it is crap.

I'm not sure it's gone.  But, it would/will be expensive to replace.  In that neighborhood ti may be cheaper to knock it down and save the tax $$.    If it is in fact not already abandoned. 

Ghoste

There used to be some sort of business going on back in the service dept. but its at least ten years since I was there.  Pretty sure the major business on that corner is still dealing.

stripedelete

Nowadays they will salvage the copper, aluminum, etc, before they take it down.  That would be the next thing to look for.   

TUFCAT

I'm surprised you parked your Challenger in that neighborhood! :D  

BananaDan

*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

bakerhillpins

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

RallyeMike

Pink paint is Survey. Blue paint" W" is water locate. Looks to be a valve chamber for the property water fire service. Not sure what the orange numbers are for.

They locate utilities before they dig or if they are designing street improvements or utility installs.

Bottom line is - who knows.....?
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

rt green

ask the owner if you can have the mr norm signs and restore them
third string oil changer

RECHRGD

Looks to me as though the "end" came to Grand Spaulding Dodge quite a while ago...... :'(
13.53 @ 105.32

1970Moparmann

Quote from: TUFCAT on April 28, 2012, 04:17:46 PM
I'm surprised you parked your Challenger in that neighborhood! :D  

The car would be on blocks also.  :smilielol: :rofl:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

TheAutoArchaeologist

Indeed, it isn't the greatest neighborhood.  I was in and out of there in 15 minutes. 

It is sad, still a big part of Mopar history though.

Ryan

471_Magnum

Orange marks look like elevations.

Could be any kind of construction. Generally, you're not taking elevations if you're getting ready to demolish a building. Probably some upcoming road or utility work.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."