News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

FRAUD! BEWARE OF THIS CHARGER FOR SALE!

Started by vick79, April 26, 2012, 05:28:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lorinda

To Vick79,
I wanted to thank you so much for posting about the scam with Maria Fortin.  I had been communicating with her about an Infiniti convertible she had advertised on cars.com, and it started sounding very suspicious.  We began an internet search for any information on her with respect to scams and saw your post.  The emails she sent to me were word for word exactly the same, with changes only in the amount, car type, and location.  We really appreciate your taking the time to post about your interactions with her- it was a great help to us!
Thank you,
Lorinda

Benji

I found it raher amazing that she knew all those fancy specs like the lift and duration of the cam.  How many divorced women know what their now ex husband put into his car?  Probably not one in a thousand.  I NEVER let my wife know of any hot rod stuff I did to my Cuda.

Benji

norwayjuniorcharger

also try and google their phone number i got confirmed that the ones behind was a fraudster when  i found a deal to good to be true

Chryco Psycho

I answered a similar ad about 2 years ago for a Charger for 12 k I was told the car was in Tx as I was in AB
sure sounds like the same scam

71 b-body charger

Quote from: vick79 on April 27, 2012, 12:36:38 AM
I just found the identical car pictures on another site, offered at a much higher price (in Florida, which makes sense due to the palm trees) but this one seems legit... "maria" just stole his pictures.
She probably stole more then just his pictures, in order for her to know about the car she must of talked to the actual owner and gotten info and is now trying to scam other people?? Just my thought on this.
1972 Charger SE

model maker

GET THE ROPE AND FIND A REAL TALL TREE :flame: :flame: :flame: :o :popcrn: :popcrn: Did I say I HATE SCAMMERS ??????
MODEL MAKER

Tilar

Quote from: vick79 on April 26, 2012, 05:28:58 PM
Because of the amount involved and the distance, I want to use Google Wallet for closing this deal.

If cash in person isnt an option, it's a scam.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

vick79

Quote from: Lorinda on May 29, 2012, 09:12:25 AM
To Vick79,
I wanted to thank you so much for posting about the scam with Maria Fortin.  I had been communicating with her about an Infiniti convertible she had advertised on cars.com, and it started sounding very suspicious.  We began an internet search for any information on her with respect to scams and saw your post.  The emails she sent to me were word for word exactly the same, with changes only in the amount, car type, and location.  We really appreciate your taking the time to post about your interactions with her- it was a great help to us!
Thank you,
Lorinda

Im glad it helped!!  :2thumbs:

Quote from: Benji on May 29, 2012, 09:27:12 AM
I found it raher amazing that she knew all those fancy specs like the lift and duration of the cam.  How many divorced women know what their now ex husband put into his car?  Probably not one in a thousand.  I NEVER let my wife know of any hot rod stuff I did to my Cuda.

Benji

100% agree with that logic! the real ad has all that info posted. she just copied it. Here's link to the real car...

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/carsforsale/dodge/charger_r_t/1356238.html
'70 Charger RT

A383Wing

$45,000 and still has crappy gauges...."frame off restoration" huh? original silver car....all those modifications are not "restored", ...

Bryan (my  :Twocents: )

vick79

Quote from: A383Wing on May 29, 2012, 11:28:12 PM
$45,000 and still has crappy gauges...."frame off restoration" huh? original silver car....all those modifications are not "restored", ...

Bryan (my  :Twocents: )

I am partial towards the 68, black/black, and vinyl top delete so i was very tempted initially. For $28k i would do it, $45k not so much... so moved on.
'70 Charger RT

doctor4766

To Vick79,
Thank you,
Lorinda
To Lorinda.
You don't really want an Infinity now that you have browsed this site do you?
How about a real nice 69 Charger instead?  ;)
Gotta love a '69

vick79

Quote from: doctor4766 on May 30, 2012, 06:56:00 AM
To Vick79,
Thank you,
Lorinda
To Lorinda.
You don't really want an Infinity now that you have browsed this site do you?
How about a real nice 69 Charger instead?  ;)

Ill take it!!
'70 Charger RT

rarefish

Quote from: model maker on May 29, 2012, 05:13:17 PM
GET THE ROPE AND FIND A REAL TALL TREE :flame: :flame: :flame: :o :popcrn: :popcrn: Did I say I HATE SCAMMERS ??????

:iagree:  We need to rid the world of these people....