News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dirty Mary Crazy Larry car posted on Facebook

Started by hatersaurusrex, April 13, 2012, 09:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOTWING

it would be neat if someone could help him get it to say Chryslers at Carlise and put it on display for everyone to see it, and then send it back to it's resting spot again. What gets me is if you do not have a garage you could at least build a small carport in a day to put it under. Pour a small pad, jack the car up on say 55 gallon drums ( ha ha ) or blocks or rail road ties cover it and cut it's deterioration down. Does anyone on here own the SWEET replica that has the tags "WHY RUN" that was at Englishtown a few years back? I remember it was a stick shift car with power windows. It was also in some mags and may have been offered for sale! Around $60k i think.

chargerboy69

Quote from: Red 70 R/T 493 on April 18, 2012, 12:45:48 PM
I know that people have rights and all, but when you see these cars sitting and rotting away. it just sucks. Sometimes these owners are disabled and barely above the poverty level. No tools nor the garage to restore the car either.

That is true.  I have been working on a numbers matching 20,000 mile 69 R/T SE for two years now.  Has been parked since 1977.  The 87 year old owner still hopes of restoring it one day.  ::)  He has one grandson, and he wants nothing to do with the car.  So the car continues to sit, at least inside.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

1BAD68

Quote from: chargerboy69 on April 18, 2012, 01:43:48 PM
  He has one grandson, and he wants nothing to do with the car. 

WTF? That doesn't even make sense on a whole new level.
I'll never understand the younger generations I guess.

TruckDriver

I know that people have rights and all, but when you see these cars sitting and rotting away. it just sucks. Sometimes these owners are disabled and barely above the poverty level. No tools nor the garage to restore the car either.

That is true.  I have been working on a numbers matching 20,000 mile 69 R/T SE for two years now.  Has been parked since 1977.  The 87 year old owner still hopes of restoring it one day.  ::)  He has one grandson, and he wants nothing to do with the car.  So the car continues to sit, at least inside.

Talk to the grandson then, or at least, give him a contact number if the car become avalible
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

chargerboy69

Quote from: TruckDriver on April 18, 2012, 05:36:33 PM

Talk to the grandson then, or at least, give him a contact number if the car become avalible

We had a deal worked out two years ago. A 2002 Toyota Celica (the grandson is 18), all riced out, for the Charger. I trailered the Celica 75 miles to his grandfathers place. The family and I came to a deal, the Celica for the Charger  :2thumbs:.  They informed the grandfather of what was happening and he had a fit and would not release the title. 

Not much has changed, he does not want his Charger moved at all.  The man is pushing 90 and lives in a shack, but at this point there is not much myself or his family can do about it. I touch base with the grandson every now and then.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Khyron

Quote from: Ghoste on April 18, 2012, 11:52:16 AM
2nd owner since 20th Century Fox?  Hmm, could this be Berts car and the dealership he got it from sold it at auction?  Of course if he is the second owner, would it sitll indicate the studio on the title?

that is the ONLY story I can stand behind... there was no 4th car.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

GordonGriggs

Ok, THis is going to sound really nasty. If anyone know's where the car is and really wants it. All they would have to do is notify the county that there is a car sitting in the yard without tags, insurance, and is possibly posing a danger. The county would make them move it. He would then either have to move it, or sell it.

Indygenerallee

:lol: :lol: They don't have those laws around here!!!  I can take you to a guy's place that has 20 cars in his yard!! been that way for years!!
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

tan top

this is awesome  stuff,   :drool5: :dance: ,   i'm guessing i speak for every DMCL /charger fan is saying , " i hope this is one of the cars " :drool5:  , would be fantastic after all this time !! :dance: :woohoo: :woohoo: , & would love to see more pictures & stuff !!
  but , i'm far from an expert on computer stuff ,  where a photo is altered by a computer program , but the picture looks fake to me ,  like i say hope i'm wrong !!  
 in the commentry over the DMCL film with the director John Hough , he said all the scenes were shot in order through out the day , &  the damage the charger received doing a scene had to be recreated on the others . also said they had a car transporter full of cars to use , & kept mechanics busy at night duplicating damage & fixing any breakdowns . it was said they used 7 blue chebbys also .
  i know this has not got anything to do with the above picture , but just remembering stuff from the DVD ,  might of got some of the facts  not 100% as it was two years ago since i watched it  directors section , but i highly recommend  watching it !  IMO  when we went in depth a few years back about the DMCL charger , could of sworn there was 4 chargers being used , or at least it looked like it from what i was seeing ,
not trying to undermind  anyones views / observations , but by the sounds of it there were/ could of been  more  :shruggy:

like i say hope i'm wrong  & the picture is real !! :yesnod: but think its computer altered or  someones 30 plus year old clone , or both ,

but the picture don't make sense to me if it was a real DMCL charger ! & been sitting for close to 38 years , is it the 68 , is it one of the front end damaged 69 cars with a 68 fender put on before it was sold or what ever , from the 68 charger  too many whys , but  the truth is always stranger than fiction :shruggy: :o , any one remember ,  being mentioned in a thread years ago , either here  or on the old site , about someone swore that he or a buddy of his parted out or went to a wrecking yard & they had an original DMCL charger from the film & all that was left was a pile of parts  , cause it had been in a wreck , or something along these lines  :shruggy: :scratchchin: don't quote me on this just trying to remember what i read ,  have searched this site , to find the info again a number of times , with no success , so might of been old site :scratchchin:

:popcrn:

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

GOTWING

Like the discussion earlier about the wrong / peeling center caps,I think no one has mentioned that the rear sloted mags are not wider then the front rims. The car in the dirt looks to have the same size slots all the way around. The movie car looks to have a wider rear rim. Anyone?? Anyone?? :shruggy: :Twocents:

404NOTFOUND

Note that the drivers side grill is broken and sagging just like the DMCL damage. As for the wheels, clearly there is a big difference in the rear rim width and and of course the black center caps. Possible theory, the car was sitting somewhere smashed and unwanted. The desirable and easily removed rims were taken by someone. The car was later saved by some guy who knew what it was. He knew it needed slotted mags and did the best he could to aquire a set. In that pre movie freeze frame era, would he have known or even cared that they weren't perfectly correct? What would you have done back then? It's possible.
My 1969 Charger. RIP......Rest in pieces.

GOTWING

Another thing, this car MUST be sitting in a dry climate area i would think. If that car sat in Delaware where i live in that same spot since 1977 it would be in way worse shape with exterior body rust ! the body looks pretty solid from the pictures. Is this a current picture? or is it a older one? We have a fellow out here that has several muscle cars sitting with late 70's expired tags and these cars are so rusted i don't think they can be saved. One is a Top Banana V code 70 R/T Challenger 440+6 pistol grip 4spd. Dana60,go wing car, the car has briars growing inside since the floors are gone.

tan top

nother thing i just remembered  ,  have a look at the picture below ( yellow arrow ) is that part of a disc brake caliper ?? i know it could be a tire valve too ,  but  !! , dont look like a drum back there to me ,
now factor in how many 69 chargers were built & what percentage had Discs on the front !!
one of the 69s in DMCL  had discs  ,  can clearly see ,  when  the wheel being changed in the wallnut grove , after the wreck with the truck  :scratchchin:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 

1BAD68

I may be wrong but I think we are all basing the possibility of this being a DMCL car from what the owner stated and the black stripe that's assumed to be original from the movie.
Without the black stripe, it's just another yellow charger. Can anyone post stills from the movie of all the Charger's so that we could compare the stripe?
Right off the bat, the distance between the stripe and top of the wheel well on the cars above don't match up at all.

GOTWING

i was thinking that too... I was just not sure if it was the angle of the picture. :shruggy:

Ghoste

I still think we are grasping at things to make our hopes come true.  We have one picture of a rusty car sunk in the dirt that has clearly been sitting there rotting a long time and we are comparing it to a still from a movie when the cars were only a few years old.  Sagging doors and grilles on a 69 Charger?  That isnt that unusual.  I'm also not buying into the studio fixing any of the cars up to make more money off the resale.  If this is one of the cars, either the first owner or this guy did it after the studio got rid of it.
Let's see the title.

tan top

Quote from: Ghoste on April 19, 2012, 11:30:58 AM
I still think we are grasping at things to make our hopes come true.  We have one picture of a rusty car sunk in the dirt that has clearly been sitting there rotting a long time and we are comparing it to still from a movie when the cars were only a few years old.  Sagging doors and grilles on a 69 Charger?  That isnt that unusual.  I'm also not buying into the studio fixing any of the cars up to make more money off the resale.  If this is one of the cars, either the first owner or this guy did it after the studio got rid of it.
Let's see the title.

:yesnod:    :iagree:  .............     lets see the title  :scope:

Charger Stuff 

nvrbdn

well, it would be just as easy to copy a paint scheme after seeing the movie back then as it would be today. someone that really liked the movie could have done it. what are the chances of the DMCL cars or car being paraded around the country to promote the movie? i remember after gone in 60 seconds was done they flat bedded that mustang around at openings for people to see. i seen it at a couple show places while it was touring. just dont remember if the DMCL car was. :shruggy:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

TUFCAT

Hmmm, just wonderin' :D  What if this was a fake picture and whoever posted it to Facebook is laughing his ass off right now?  :scratchchin:

Kinda funny if true...sort of like "Bigfoot" taking a dump in the woods, Loch Ness monster tanning on the beach, or a mod top Charger Daytona hitting a train?  ;)

To anyones credit, if it turns out to be fake... somebody really had some mad photoshoping skills. :Twocents: :Twocents:

For the record I don't think its fake. But what the hell do I know?  :shruggy:

Indygenerallee

I don't think the pic is fake just has a certain look to it I don't know how to explain it but I don't think it's a photoshop. Your eyes can play tricks especially on that stripe the one pictures it is being judged against is very bright the yard car is dark, and from different distances and angles can make it look different.
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Brock Lee

Not just eyes playing tricks, but distortions created because you are comparing images created by two completely different cameras with completely different lenses and one image was modified to be a certain aspect ratio. Pictures are not completely honest reproductions.

charger_fan_4ever

You just never know. Years back we called about a early cuda that had a rear engine mount hemi. Motor was gone and this was back before the days of the net. Called the guy and got the rundown of it. Was a x drag car. Got us to thinking maybe it is one of the hemi under glass cars. Went 2 hours in to look at this car and a supposed southern 69 charger. Looked at the charger 1st and ran out of time to look at the cuda. Charger was junk and 6 months later open up one of the magazines and there it is hemi under glass found in montreal,quebec   :brickwall:

Was early 90's guy wanted $2,500 for the car and another 2500 for the hemi in pieces.

TUFCAT

Time will tell whether this guy is an idiot or a genius by posting his car onto a public domain.  :-\

TUFCAT