News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Diet

Started by Rolling_Thunder, April 09, 2012, 03:03:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolling_Thunder

Alright guys - been holding off on this for a while but some of you already know I have conducted a "lifestyle change" back on my birthday last year (June 2011) - I was "morbidly obese" at 320lbs.  So I decided I definitely need to change that...   so here it is about 9 months later and I weighed in at 201lbs this morning. Granted, I am 6'1 and my goal weight is 185-190lbs - 

I started out getting winded from a flight of stairs - now I run my 1.5 miles in ~11:20. I am doing 45+ pushups in 2 minutes. 50+ sit ups in 2 minutes, and up to 3 legit pull ups. I still have a ways to go - but damn if I'm not happy I fall under the "healthy" weight category now...     

I was at ~38% body fat -  I am now down to 17%     

I'm always self conscious about my weight but at this point I'll show it off just for laughs.    :2thumbs:

1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

twodko

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Dino

Good job man!

Don't forget to visit your pcp and check your labs.  Your bloodsugar should be way down along with cholesterol.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Blown70

Great Job.  Rolling.  Sure you feel much better

Tilar

Damn man, That's amazing! Good job!
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Old Moparz

Congrats, stick with it & don't cave in.   :cheers:

Some of my family members deal with weight & I see them struggle trying to keep it off, so I know it can't be easy. My Mom did, my sister does, a couple of my Aunts & some of my Cousins, too.

Good luck.  :2thumbs:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

chargerboy69

That is fantastic, great job.  :2thumbs:

Now, how are you doing it? Low carb? Counting calories? Exercise?
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

greenpigs

I thought it was one of THOSE craigslist adds at first. :icon_smile_big:

Congrats on loosing all that weight. I think your current weight is OK & I wouldn't kill yourself trying to get that extra 10 pounds off as you have done plenty.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Indygenerallee

wow you sure did shed the lbs.  I need to get in shape I am 6'8 300 need some motivation but man I stay up late and eat and that's a killer. Great job!
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Finn

Good job man!!  :cheers:
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

nh_mopar_fan

Dude, you're done!

Get some weight lifting in that routine now.

Nice work!

:2thumbs:

stripedelete

Fred

How terrific! Good on you for realising and making the effort. 10 stars for you  :2thumbs:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

bull

Way to go. :cheers: I remember it being very difficult at first but now that it's been almost 4 years since I've lost 80 lbs and kept it off I will not go back. Anyway, congrats!

BBKNARF

Holy f#@k what a change, keep it up  :2thumbs:
68 Charger, slowly in the works, 451 c.i. approx. 535 hp @ the flywheel, so far best time in the 1/4
11.21 @ 119 mph, full exhaust, stock suspension, 4:10s @ 3640 pounds.

Rolling_Thunder

Diet is mostly high protein and low carbs. Peanuts, greek yogurt, chicken, veggies, etc.        went to 5-6 snacks a day -  Still eat in-n-out once or twice a month, still get some bad foods -- gotta live ya know?

I do lift weights - 3-4 times a week and run 3-4 times a week depending - anywhere from 1.5miles to 3 miles (if I didn't have bad knees i'd go further) - my bench press has suffered a bit - 185 compared to my old 235...     but i'll take it.  I still have a lot of loose skin but at this point I simply don't care - I didn't do this for a beach body - I did this for myself.     

So another couple pounds to go - but at this point it is EASY to loose weight - I will NEVER get as heavy as I was again. I know what works for me so I just gotta do it.

skip68

WOW!   You should be very proud of yourself.   
:cheers: :2thumbs:   
Excellent results for sure.    :2thumbs:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

myk

If I didn't know you were 'legit from this forum I woulda cried "fake!"  Lol, congratulations.  I'm sure you feel better than words can describe...

Kern Dog

Very impressive.
Losing weight isn't easy for some. I wish that there was a drug that I could take that would make food taste bland.
I've Yo-Yo'd over the years from 168 to the all time girth of 208. Those old height/weight charts used to crack me up. I'm 5'10 and medium framed. According to the chart, I should be 161 lbs. When I was 168, I looked tweeky. Unfortunately, I'm back to near 200 again. Maybe threads like this will motivate me to start running again. I'm fortunate to have good knees and in decent health otherwise. Your before/after pictures are amazing. Mens Health magazine once mentioned that losing 35 lbs had the effect of gaining an inch. (Okay, maybe that was in bad taste, but I had to add that one in.)
What I liked about being thinner was having the agility and mobility of a teenager. As a Carpenter, I'm always climbing, stooping, ducking under things.... Being thinner made all of that easier. The hard part? EVERYthing revolved around food and limiting myself. I don't drink, smoke or use drugs, but I can be weak to the allure of food. Someone wrote.."Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels." That really is true, but it isn't easy to remember that. It looks like you have found your ZONE. This is good news and I wish you the best of luck.
Greg

Chryco Psycho

:2thumbs:
Congrats , definatly not easy , it takes commitment !

charger Downunder

Good on ya i lost 15kg and that was hard keep up the good work.
[/quote]

BrianShaughnessy

Congrats!   Good job  :2thumbs:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Rolling_Thunder

:2thumbs:         Thanks guys!         

Marck