News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

door window alignment

Started by cowboy4x4n, April 08, 2012, 10:27:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cowboy4x4n

guys,

how can i align the door windows.  the front of the glass strikes the top rubber to the vent window.  but the rear needs to come up more to seal out the wind.  any tricks how to raise it and align the window property.

Thanks

cowboy4x4n

cowboy4x4n

resq302

You may need to adjust the angle of the vent window frame work in order to get the rear part of the door window to align properly.  I know I had a major headache getting that done and I still have to tweak the glass alignment in our 70 chally vert when I get a chance over the summer.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

cowboy4x4n

question how do i do that lol

resq302

there is a nut / bolt behind one of the plastic plugs in the front of the door or behind the upper door pad.  If I remember correctly, the factory service manual tells you how to do this.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

bill440rt

There is a little stop in the top of the rear glass run channel, sounds like your run channel needs to come UP.
You should have to take off your top pad, but you might have to take off your lower. There are black plastic plugs along the back of the door, you'll need to remove them. Also remove the rubber glass seal at the top of the door on the back of the jamb. There is a 9/16" bolt up top there, too.
Loosen the bolts that attach the run channel, tighten them finger tight. Make sure the vent frame follows the A-pillar evenly and is secure. Roll up the window until it's even you may have to assist the run channel up from inside the door with your hand. Once even, tighten the bolts to the run channel.
Good luck!
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

cowboy4x4n

Awsome thanks.guys.  glad there's a forum with helpful people like yourselves