News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wing car and C500 production question ?

Started by hemikev, April 07, 2012, 09:16:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemikev

Ive never seen option production reports for the c500 nor the wing cars   ?? (such thing as pw,wheels,gears,colors and other options )   .  Were these cars pulled off the line and sent to creative  or was there a bunch of these cars sent to their facility already assigned a vin  order number and fender tag...  I assume all wing cars were not ordered cars and some were just factory to dealership lot sales car    just asking   i am in no way a wing car expert   just interested in the way things happened back in the day    Thanx     hemikev

Ghoste

Basically complete RT's sent to Creative after assembly.  Except Superbirds.

hemikev

did thet arrive with xx vin numbers and changed at creative  ?     Are we to assume that they are part of 69 charger r/t production   ..  im just tryin to understand how production went down     thanx

Ghoste

Yes, arrived with XX and rear window plug and front end and wing on Daytonas changed at Creative.  They began as normal RT's but for that and some of the very first 500's still had XP.

hemikev

so thats how they no say  414 000  were daytonas or 500   s     just certain batches of r/t runs sent to creative  ?        didthey send regular runners to same place  but no its superbird from tag and sheet....    did the xx s  get their own b sheet prior to delivery to creative   i know alot of question   but  you dont no if you dont ask   ...  thanx

Ghoste

They were done in batches and they knew which ones prior to assembly.  There is another code on both the broadcast sheet and the fender tag which would indicate it eventually going to Creative for the conversion.  Superbirds were done in house but the same things apply.

hemikev

Thanx brother     you learn something everyday   ,  awesome if you think about how things happened back in the muscle era   all in the name of sales and racing   just wouldnt happen today    ,,   im sure theres alot i dont know about the wing carcars     but now i got the the basics    and more    thanx for letting me pick your brain    im sure i got more questions for you   take care   thanx again     hemikev

richRTSE

Quote..... and some of the very first 500's still had XP.

correction....some 500s still had the Charger R/T vin "XS" code, not XP.  :icon_smile_big:

Mine has the XX vin tag, but XS on the fender tag and build sheet...

Ghoste

Ooops.  I deserve a huge slap for that one. :slap: :slap: :slap:

Not as bad as calling your wife the wrong name but still pretty bad.