News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Front wheel drive wheel alignment

Started by Bobs69, April 07, 2012, 11:42:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobs69

Okay I'm being cheap.  It's on an old car I don't want to spend alot of money on.

I broke the outer tie rod end on the drivers side.  1999 Chrysler cirrus.

How do I measure things up to have decent alignment so I don't wear out the tires?  Any websites with pictures?

Thanks guys.

BrianShaughnessy

Count the threads / turns on the way out.   Replace the same.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Charger RT

counting threads use to work until China redesigned all the parts.

I align all my fwd mopars at home with a tape measure and digital angle gauge.
To set you toe have a helper pull a tape measure from tire to tire on the back side of the tire measure to a straight running tread with the car on the ground. measure up as high as you can without the tape measure hitting the car. now measure the front side at the same height same tread. Adjust that tie rod until front and back are the same reading.

Drive car if wheel is off adjust both sides equal amounts until the wheel is straight. Example if tie rods are on back side and wheel is off to the right. The right tie rod needs shortened and the drivers needs to be longer. Just do each side the same amount until straight
Tim