News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

master cylinder question

Started by 383_68charger, March 31, 2012, 05:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

383_68charger

I got a master cyl off a 68 newport with power drum brakes.I wanna use the booster but I'm converting my charger to front disc brakes.Can I use the master from the newort even though it's off front drum brakes?Thanks

383_68charger

Ok I got my question answered ,theres lots of posts about this topic on this site.Looks like I need to get a new master for power disc brakes .I'm useing disc brakes from a 84 diplomat.Does anyone suggest what kind of car or year I should order a master for?I know I need my booster,It's the small one with 4 studs to hold the master on ,I know 68-9 had 4 piston calipers.70 went to single piston.I'm guessing a master for a 70 maybe?

Chryco Psycho

you need the bigger capacity for the disc brakes + there is a residual pressure valve in the master for the drum brakes that can be removed to work with disc brakes but it cannot be used as is

383_68charger

What if I just order a new master for a 70 charger with disc brakes,I priced one this morning and it's 100$ and I can get it the next day.If that will work,I don't see why not,I'm gonna go that route.

Kern Dog

You are right on track. The master cylinder for a factory disc 1970 Charger doesn't know or care if the calipers and rotors are from another car!