News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Whose wheelstanding 68 is this one?

Started by bull, March 30, 2012, 02:47:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Finn

1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Cooter

Quote from: Paul G on March 31, 2012, 07:19:19 PM
Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on March 31, 2012, 06:39:05 PM
You hope when a front end is up that high they don't get scared and let off,lots of damage !!!!!!!

What could the driver possibly be looking at? All he can see is sky. He has to be thinking and praying for it to go straight. He would not even see if it was heading for the wall. Has to be a thrill like no other.

Ever driven a tractor? Right brake, left brake, right brake, left brake....Yes, looking at the horizon is a trip in itself. The 5.0 liter guys do this all the time when they set the suspension up albeit incorrewctly for a quick pass, but for nothing more than showing off. If your tires are in the air, your losing time. You lose more than that if you "Drop" it...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

67Charger440

Quote from: 67Charger440 on March 31, 2012, 06:11:25 PM
I was 1 car ahead of him in Tech at March Meet last year...  Beautiful car and WAY quick.

7899   SS/HA   Lynsi Martinez   Glendora CA   '68 Charger   Dodge 440   FLYING DUTCHMAN RACING

I guess you guys missed my earlier post.  His name is Lynsi Martinez from Glendora, CA.  #7899 in SS/HA

1974dodgecharger

Its the coolness factor that gets us though even if he lost a second hahahahha.... :laugh:

Quote from: Cooter on March 31, 2012, 11:23:50 PM
Quote from: Paul G on March 31, 2012, 07:19:19 PM
Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on March 31, 2012, 06:39:05 PM
You hope when a front end is up that high they don't get scared and let off,lots of damage !!!!!!!

What could the driver possibly be looking at? All he can see is sky. He has to be thinking and praying for it to go straight. He would not even see if it was heading for the wall. Has to be a thrill like no other.

Ever driven a tractor? Right brake, left brake, right brake, left brake....Yes, looking at the horizon is a trip in itself. The 5.0 liter guys do this all the time when they set the suspension up albeit incorrewctly for a quick pass, but for nothing more than showing off. If your tires are in the air, your losing time. You lose more than that if you "Drop" it...

surmanajaja

Quote from: 67Charger440 on April 01, 2012, 01:15:24 AM
I was 1 car ahead of him in Tech at March Meet last year...  Beautiful car and WAY quick.

7899   SS/HA   Lynsi Martinez   Glendora CA   '68 Charger   Dodge 440   FLYING DUTCHMAN RACING

I guess you guys missed my earlier post.  His name is Lynsi Martinez from Glendora, CA.  #7899 in SS/HA

the owner of the car is a She, not he.

http://www.dragracecentral.com/drcstory.asp?ID=221196
http://virtualglobetrotting.com/map/lynsi-martinezs-house/view/?service=0

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynsi_Martinez

Bob T

Old Dog, Old Tricks.

bull

Ok, since I'm not too knowledgeable about drag racing I gotta ask what this thing is for? It's not the wheelie bar. Is it something to protect the diff?

BIGBLCK11

:2thumbs: Awesome car!  It makes me wish mine was painted black. 

dmann

it is lynsi,s 68 super stocker of the in and out burger race team with jones engine development power--pro-trans trick torqueflite---the brackets hanging down are wheelie bar mounts--i heard the car has been in her family forever---she is one attractive lady

surmanajaja

XS29L

I've been searching for info on this car. Found some racing results. Some qualifying info shows 10.20. Still looking for more info. That car is awesome !!    :drool5:
MOPAR OR NO CAR !!

dmann

heres the scoop --best et  10.00 @129.00--not bad for a 3700 lbs steel headed charger with original carb!   awesome car but not the best combo for the class it has to run in--but very cool!----dave

472 R/T SE

Quote from: bull on April 01, 2012, 08:16:47 AM
Ok, since I'm not too knowledgeable about drag racing I gotta ask what this thing is for? It's not the wheelie bar. Is it something to protect the diff?

I think it keeps her from going back on her bumper?   :shruggy:

Budnicks

I was going to say that was at the March meet but I wasn't sure, it's a sweet running 68 Charger R/T & a beautiful gal...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks