News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

master cylinders

Started by 70daytonaclone, March 29, 2012, 05:46:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

70daytonaclone

Yes is there a difference between a power m/c and a mamual m/c? I have a 1973 that has manual disc brakes on it and I can't get the brakes to bleed right. I have bench bleed the m/c and installed. I pumped full strokes to get a pedal and bleed. got good pedal only after 6-8 pumps. try after a few seconds and pedal goes to the floor. what gives with these brakes, what am i doing wrong ? thanks for any comments Steve

John_Kunkel

You mighty have a faulty MC (bypassing internally) even if new. Best way to find out is to put plugs in the outlet ports and see if the pedal still drops, if it does the MC is bad. If not, you have air in the system or excessive travel (loose rear drum brakes).
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

70daytonaclone

b5blue

Got a part # for that? I want a new one for my manual disk conversion on my 70.  :scratchchin:

70daytonaclone

I just got one for manual disc brakes from Advance Auto. p/n 10-1523. about 45$ with core charge. looking at box says its a reman  cardone part. Steve

b5blue

I've had bad luck with that company on anything re-man.  :rotz:   I'd see if they can get you "new". Thanks for the part # it may cross to a new part for me. I have had some I had to kinda bench bleed the crap out of to get going in the past!  :lol: