News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

UPDATED: Do I have to pull out my windshield AGAIN-SO I DID!!

Started by sixpack_sid, March 24, 2012, 04:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

resq302

What I would do is to install the gasket in place with the correct sealer and then when the guy comes to put in the windshield, just have him install the windshield with the gasket already in place.  Thats kinda what I did.  When I put the windshield back in myself, I put the gasket in, let it set up overnight, and then installed the windshield the next day.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

sixpack_sid

Quote from: resq302 on April 01, 2012, 04:22:13 PM
What I would do is to install the gasket in place with the correct sealer and then when the guy comes to put in the windshield, just have him install the windshield with the gasket already in place.  Thats kinda what I did.  When I put the windshield back in myself, I put the gasket in, let it set up overnight, and then installed the windshield the next day.

Thanks for the advice!
I have seen evil! I have seen horror!
I have seen the unholy maggots which feast in the dark recesses of the human soul!
I have seen all this. But until today, I have never seen such a pain in the ars car like this 68 Charger!

sixpack_sid

I decided to get a professional to install the new windshield for me. Best money I ever spent! Jack's Glass in Allentown, PA came to my house and installed the windshield for me. They also put the trim on! Looks great!
Thanks for all the replies!
I have seen the unholy maggots which feast in the dark recesses of the human soul!
I have seen all this. But until today, I have never seen such a pain in the ars car like this 68 Charger!

Cooter

" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

1974dodgecharger

So is the long clip the one u used? I'm having the same issue I can't get my lower chrome in at all. 

sixpack_sid

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on October 24, 2013, 07:50:32 AM
So is the long clip the one u used? I'm having the same issue I can't get my lower chrome in at all. 

Yes, I used the long clips. I bought them at Van's Auto. Good luck with your project!

1974dodgecharger

That means I need to take my shield off too damn.

I think it's the gaskets I bought a year one and I think they are thicker than the originals.  I used all the same clips...

sixpack_sid

My problem wasn't the gasket. The shorter clips were way below the trim. They wouldn't lock in. It sucks taking the windshield out. I cracked mine and ended up getting a pro to come out to my garage to install the new one. I wasn't gonna have another cracked windshield trying to put it back in. Sometimes it pays to spend the extra money! Good luck with yours!

cdr

early 68 used a 67 lower clip,it is longer,what is your build date.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: cdr on October 24, 2013, 04:56:00 PM
early 68 used a 67 lower clip,it is longer,what is your build date.

Yeah it's a early build date on mine nov 7 it came off the line in 67