News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Front-end rebuild kit advice

Started by BananaDan, March 16, 2012, 10:41:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BananaDan

Does anyone have any advice or comments on the difference between these two kits?  There's a pretty significant price difference.  I've read a lot of posts about people using both kits without issues. I'm just mainly curious if the P-S-T price is worth it because it's a better kit, or are they the same and I can save $140 by going with the other kit.

:shruggy:

The cheaper kit doesn't mention Tie Rod Sleeves or Upper Cam and Bolt Kits, which the P-S-T kit seems to include.

Graphite Polyurethane Performance Front End Rebuild Kit  $290
http://www.performancesuspension.com/product_info.php?cPath=1_4593_4695_4701_45410&products_id=5918

Polygraphite® Performance Super Front End Kit  $430
http://www.p-s-t.com/s.nl/it.A/id.166/.f?sc=12
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

resq302

Dan,

When I did mine, I did it all individually and got stuff when it was on sale at local auto parts stores.  I also got better stuff like Moog or TRW parts.  As for the tie rod sleeve, I just reused mine.  Unless yours are bent or seriously pitted to the point of questioning its strenth, I would just reuse it.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Chryco Psycho

I use Energy Suspension bushings & Moog parts , runs into the $500 range in Canaduh

BrianShaughnessy

PST is located off 287 in Boonton NJ.   Some old factory with cars on the roof.    Got no problem with any of their stuff.

If you're not concerned about being original...   then go for C body 11/16 tie rods and aftermarket solid sleeves instead of that stock stuff and piece meal the rest...  well, that's what I'd do  :Twocents:   

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

astjp2

Bill Rollik enterprises carries the Raybestos professional grade, made in the USA.  The whole kit for my 68 charger was $438.00.  This was with the 11/16" tie rod ends.  Tim