News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My wife is giving me the business.....

Started by HeavyFuel, March 13, 2012, 12:13:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred

I love my wife....................she's so good to me................I think I'll keep her!  :yesnod:

I guess it helps that it's her hobby too.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Troy

Quote from: The70RT on March 13, 2012, 08:24:30 PM
She said I never thought I would see the car leaving before me!....I said yeah but when it leaves it coming back   :rofl:
:D

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

RallyeMike

QuoteWhy do you guys marry bitches? cheers

hehe. 1 point for bull.

:smilielol:  :smilielol:

Glad you guys get them market off the market for us.

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Kern Dog

My EX wife once said..."YOU love your car more than you love me." She was right. The car did what I wanted and weighed less.

Fred

Quote from: RallyeMike on March 14, 2012, 12:28:16 AM

hehe. 1 point for bull.

The thing is.............they only grow their horns after they're married!  :lol:

mrsskip68

Hey guys, not all wives are bitches. I have totally enjoyed the Mopar lifestyle and want another one! Just as much as I liked the boat lifestyle, the motorcycle lifestyle, the music lifestyle, and now the All Terrain lifestyle that skip decided,..........I would just like,..........(And dont slap me around too much  :pity:) something for ME!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry guys but to me there is no other car for ME than a 1967 Camaro. Wanted one since I was 12 yrs old. Slate grey metallic grey (NO RALLY STRIPES, FOR ME ITS FEATHER PAINTED CHROME, only on certain areas,) big fatties on rear, and a fierce exhaust system. Mama needs some fun too!  :2thumbs: Lisa

Bob T

Quote from: mrsskip68 on March 14, 2012, 02:57:09 AM
Hey guys, not all wives are bitches. I have totally enjoyed the Mopar lifestyle and want another one! Just as much as I liked the boat lifestyle, the motorcycle lifestyle, the music lifestyle, and now the All Terrain lifestyle that skip decided,..........I would just like,..........(And dont slap me around too much  :pity:) something for ME!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry guys but to me there is no other car for ME than a 1967 Camaro. Wanted one since I was 12 yrs old. Slate grey metallic grey (NO RALLY STRIPES, FOR ME ITS FEATHER PAINTED CHROME, only on certain areas,) big fatties on rear, and a fierce exhaust system. Mama needs some fun too!  :2thumbs: Lisa

Cool, Good   :2thumbs:  . Make it happen then.
A few of the guys wives that I know in our car club have their own cars and drive the Hell out of them, so, get stuck in, every year is shortening up

I reckon bitching about a current wife on a public forum is just pointless and shallow , I'd be slutted if she was slagging me off on f/b or somewhere , would'nt anyone    :Twocents:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

AirborneSilva

Quote from: aussiemuscle on March 13, 2012, 06:57:27 PM
Quote from: bull on March 13, 2012, 02:09:11 PM
Why do you guys marry bitches? :cheers:
hehe. 1 point for bull.

it's not just car guys either, many of my friends gave up their hobby when they got married.  :shruggy:

Screw that!  that aint gonna happen!

The70RT

Quote from: AirborneSilva on March 14, 2012, 05:46:13 AM
hehe. 1 point for bull.

it's not just car guys either, many of my friends gave up their hobby when they got married.  :shruggy:

If your real cat guy marrage isn't gonna stop it!
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

AirborneSilva

Quote from: The70RT on March 14, 2012, 06:08:09 AM
Quote from: AirborneSilva on March 14, 2012, 05:46:13 AM
hehe. 1 point for bull.

If your real cat guy marrage isn't gonna stop it!

I'm going to assume you mean car guy not cat guy.  I am somewhat lucky in that the wife is a car girl and I have made her a MOPAR girl (she has a Challenger SRT8), but she does have a controlling side and seems to like to tell me how to spend MY money.  I do have to put that straight on occasion but it doesn't get heated and she concedes it is my money...

Edit:  Oh yeah and she's a hot little blond almost 14 years younger then me :-p

HeavyFuel

Quote from: Fred on March 14, 2012, 02:31:19 AM

hehe. 1 point for bull.

The thing is.............they only grow their horns after they're married!  :lol:

Ha...yeah, she resembles that statement. :lol:

The thing is...like someone else mentioned as well, I come home every night, don't drink (too much), don't cheat on her, and my daily drivers are her hand-me-downs (2006 Sienna....I know.. I know....I've got 3 kids).  I'm pretty much at my family's beck and call.

The only thing for me that I've put money into is this car, and she gives me little support.  :flame:   

I've got a little bit of artistic talent and pretty good attention to detail, so my long term restoration has been like an automotive work of art.  It would be very therapeutic if my wife didn't make such an issue out of it.

I bought the car before we were married, and it'll be around when she's gone.  Or I'm dead.

AirborneSilva

Have you told her that while you love her and the kids very much you also love and enjoy working on your Charger and when you are done with it you hope she will enjoy it with you (you driving of course  :icon_smile_big:)....

HeavyFuel

Quote from: AirborneSilva on March 14, 2012, 10:14:27 AM
Have you told her that while you love her and the kids very much you also love and enjoy working on your Charger and when you are done with it you hope she will enjoy it with you (you driving of course  :icon_smile_big:)....

Been there....doesn't seem to help much.   :-\

But, hey, she's leaving town for the next 5 days.......lot's of time for me, the kids and the Charger! :cheers:

AirborneSilva

Quote from: HeavyFuel on March 14, 2012, 12:11:33 PM
Quote from: AirborneSilva on March 14, 2012, 10:14:27 AM

Been there....doesn't seem to help much.   :-\

But, hey, she's leaving town for the next 5 days.......lot's of time for me, the kids and the Charger! :cheers:

Wow, sorry to hear that

Fred

Quote from: HeavyFuel on March 14, 2012, 10:06:17 AM

hehe. 1 point for bull.

Ha...yeah, she resembles that statement. :lol:

The thing is...like someone else mentioned as well, I come home every night, don't drink (too much), don't cheat on her, and my daily drivers are her hand-me-downs (2006 Sienna....I know.. I know....I've got 3 kids).  I'm pretty much at my family's beck and call.

The only thing for me that I've put money into is this car, and she gives me little support.  :flame:   

I've got a little bit of artistic talent and pretty good attention to detail, so my long term restoration has been like an automotive work of art.  It would be very therapeutic if my wife didn't make such an issue out of it.

I bought the car before we were married, and it'll be around when she's gone.  Or I'm dead.

That's sad mate.  When I was building mine I spent all night every night in the garage (only came in to eat) the wife sat watching TV on her own. But she knew how passionate I was about it and though she did sometimes think it was taking over my life she never bitched..................she just said if it makes you happy, it makes me happy. And now we're both enjoying it.

Surf Charger

The same way Ron Cherry gave NC State the business?......

http://youtu.be/6D8aAC4jrPM

resq302

hehe. 1 point for bull.

Yeh!  Why is that!?!?!?!  Its funny how sweet and charming they are and then blam!  I gotta say that my wife is pretty good although she really doesn't like the fact when Carlisle comes up that Im gone for 4 days (if I do get a chance to go) leaving her home with the two young kids.  I've suggested that they come along but she says that there is really nothing to keep the kids attention for that long there.  I kinda have to agree with that.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Mopar440+6

I am thankful for my wife in this respect. Her father has owned a bunch of vintage rides from MGB's and other old British cars to a 67 GTO to a 76 Corvette and has raced SCCA since his 20's (he's 63 now) so at least she understands the obsession that comes with these cars. The last time I even hinted at selling the Charger I got a half hour lecture on why that's not going to happen. :2thumbs: I've been kinda moping around for the last two weeks because I want another sportbike (sold my last one 2 years ago when we found out we were expecting). Tonight she tells me to go talk to the bank tomorrow about getting a loan for another one. :eek: I love her to death. Of course, this will all probably come back to haunt me in a couple years when she decides she wants her own road course car...
"If you cant fix it with a wrench, get a hammer. If that doesn't work, get a bigger hammer!"

BB1

Single with Charger is the only way to go.  :yesnod: ;D
Delete my profile

Dino

I'm one of the lucky ones, got a loving wife that supports me and my hobbies.  She actually bought me the Charger as a gift.  What a woman!

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

AirborneSilva

Quote from: Dino on March 15, 2012, 06:55:47 AM
I'm one of the lucky ones, got a loving wife that supports me and my hobbies.  She actually bought me the Charger as a gift.  What a woman!

When I was into 4 wheeling my wife bought me an 04 Rubicon...  We had some good times in that.

The70RT

If you're really into cars and always have been I figure you would be hanging around women that were into cars? I guess there is sorta car guys and real car guys. If you are really into cars the women you marry ought to know the dedication and accepted that when the knot was tied :shruggy: but some guys just want the woman bad and act like they are someone else then they find out later about them. Kind of like an alcoholic. If you meet a woman and have car stuff everywhere and have some classics then it's a no brainer what your passion is......right??
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

suntech

Saw the tread heading, was thinking ............hmmmmmm lucky guy...........B&B day on the 14th  :D
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

moparstuart

Quote from: BB1 on March 15, 2012, 06:50:08 AM
Single with Charger is the only way to go.  :yesnod: ;D
:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: your single and no charger   :nana: :nana:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

bull

hehe. 1 point for bull.

The thing is.............they only grow their horns after they're married!  :lol:

There's a lot of truth to that in some cases. I'm related to one such woman who turned into a venom-spitting, paranoid, superbitch after she had her first kid. Some hormonal screw up I guess. She's still going strong in that mode 12 years later. Her husband is a prisoner in his own house.