News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

more power window questions for a 68 charger

Started by ccsd34, March 12, 2012, 03:47:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ccsd34

Ok, I'll start off with an update from my last question.  I finally found the power window relay.  I took it apart and found the coil of wire was no longer connected to the outgoing power terminal.  I wrapped the wire around the terminal and now have power going out.  Now i have my driver door switch.  I installed it and tried the windows.  Here my new problems:

1. driver and passenger door windows dont work. passenger door motor clicks but then nothing.  driver door sounded like rotor was turning but it was not going down.  then motor quit turning. driver quarter window works but is slow....did not try other quarter glass due to damage.
2. power window relay only works when I manually make the connections of the terminals.

What I have done:

1. I removed the driver door motor and tried it....and nothing.  then i cleaned a little grease off, tried it again, and will roll down but not up.  wiped more grease away and now rolls down and up.  Motor moves slowly though.

My question:

1. how do I get the motors do run faster and smoother
2. why do I have to manually make the connection with the relay switch.  it sould be noted that I do not have the wire soldered on yet, it is only wrapped around the terminal.  Is that the problem

Thanks for the help guys

charger490

have you checked the switchs. the part you move up and down to move the window. they are plastic and they brake off .

mpdlawdog

Replace the motors you will be better off. Mine did the same thing when I got the car on the road. Replaced the motors and now they work great. Napa has them or have topher rebuilt them. Hes a member here.  Also clean the regulators and lube them up before you put them back in.  :2thumbs:
"Life is Tough...It's even tougher when you are stupid"  -John Wayne-

Chryco Psycho

clean & regrease all the sliders & tracks , solder the wiring , give everything the best chance to work correctly