News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

soon to hit the road

Started by ernie, March 06, 2012, 07:01:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richRTSE

Wow, that looks nice!  :drool5: And I see its gonna have a 4-speed too...what about the engine?

Personally I like the cowl hood, I'm considering one for my 500 clone if I decide to go with a scoop...I don't think the T/A scoop looks very good at all on a Charger, maybe a duster/demon scoop would look a little better...the air grabber on the purple car, not so good either, but the black one I like, except you lose the Charger hood lines so it looks a little too flat to me...I had a sixpack hood on my 70, but as has been said before, no scoop really looks "right" on a 2nd gen Charger...

I kinda like this one too:

ernie

grafting a r/r air grabber hood and its underhood parts onto a charger hood is a way big job, lots of diffearnt curves and metal work, plus the cost of all the components is very high, too muc work for me to tackle and they would not have given me the clearnce i need anyway

Indygenerallee

Yeah I am not a fan of the Chevy cowl on a Mopar. I like the T/A hood scoop on the 2nd gen Charger looks like it was designed for it not overly done.
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

moparstuart

Quote from: ernie on March 07, 2012, 02:06:25 PM
grafting a r/r air grabber hood and its underhood parts onto a charger hood is a way big job, lots of diffearnt curves and metal work, plus the cost of all the components is very high, too muc work for me to tackle and they would not have given me the clearnce i need anyway
how much clearence do you need  , you could also set it higher if you had too. You dont have to put all the duct work on the underside if you dont want too .

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

charger_fan_4ever

Sorry if i missed it, but was it originally black ?

Nice car. Not a fan either of scoops on the second gens, but does not matter what we think as it is not our car.  :nana:

mauve66

so clean, how are you ever going to drive it down the road and get it dirty?? :icon_smile_wink:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

ernie

great make me one for my other charger.... so how much... how long will it take, man there is nothing more sinister looking i mean just plain bad, than a black 70 charger r/t ( 69 & 68 cool as well)

70Sbird

sweet looking ride for sure!
:2thumbs:

Scott Faulkner