News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Question on replacing inner valance on 81 Camaro

Started by sixpack_sid, March 06, 2012, 08:49:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixpack_sid

I know it's not a Charger....but my son has an 81 Camaro. When he tried to get it inspected, the inner rear valance was rotted and the garage said it needs to be replaced. The gas tank filler tube comes up through the back part of it. Would it be ok to cut the inner valance out and weld the new one in with the gas tank there, or should he remove the gas tank to be safe?
Thanks,
Sid
I have seen evil! I have seen horror!
I have seen the unholy maggots which feast in the dark recesses of the human soul!
I have seen all this. But until today, I have never seen such a pain in the ars car like this 68 Charger!

jaak

I personally would play it safe and remove the tank. I have never removed a tank from and 81 Camaro, but I guess it shouldn't be that difficult, but I have removed tanks from several different vehicles and it has never taken me too much time to pull one out.  :Twocents:

Jason