News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Walking Dead (Contains spoiler)

Started by jaak, March 05, 2012, 08:32:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

mrsskip68

Oooh oooh oooh, its getting good!  :2thumbs:

stripedelete

You're kidding me? Right? 

There's a million plot lines available in the post apocalyptic world.  Searching for some 20yr old scotch, maybe a humidor, and for god's sake a COUCH, just to name a few.   But,,,,, these clowns are going to dedicate another season to the "Governor"? 

Fonzie is baaaack!

Kern Dog

I absolutely despise the character of the "Governor". I don't want to see or hear about this useless idiot in this show any more. I never liked him. If it were up to me, I would have never had him on the show.

Dodge Don

Quote from: Red 70 R/T 493 on November 29, 2013, 01:14:03 AM
I absolutely despise the character of the "Governor". I don't want to see or hear about this useless idiot in this show any more. I never liked him. If it were up to me, I would have never had him on the show.

Agree.....get it over with and kill him off and move on with more interesting stuff like the source of that voice on the radio. And finding a bloody couch.

bull

There's two ways to look at the Governor as a bad guy: through the character and through the story. In both ways he's pretty weak and in the sense of the story he should have been dealt with another way. As a character all 'good' bad guys are people you love to hate but they also have to have redemptive and identifiable qualities. To a point most of us can identify with a parent's desire to protect their children, which is the direction the story tried to take this guy who was storing his zombified daughter in a little closet. It was a stretch but many fathers would want to at least try something similar in an attempt to reahbilitate the walkers. I believe that's what the whole reason the Gov put Milton Mamet on that project in Woodbury. But a sane person would have given up on that nonsense long ago which is one reason we cannot identify with him.

And that's the real problem. The Gov is too insane for anyone to really idenrify with. Jars full of heads, murdering soldiers and other people for their supplies, lying about every little thing that he says or does, torturing people, etc., he's just pure scum rather than a viable antihero. As for the story angle the writers have decided to try getting way more mileage out of him than he ever deserved. Why I don't know. When all is said and done he's just not that interesting of a character and he should have been put down like the lame, crazy and rabid dog he is at the climax of season 3. In the graphic novel the Gov is dealt with by the remnants of his army who turn on him, killi him and throw his corpse to the zombies after the big battle at the prison. That's the story line the show should have followed.

Dodge Don

bull

remta1

yeah the governors a dick , cant even get his eyepatch on the  :shruggy:correct  eye

bull

Quote from: remta1 on November 30, 2013, 03:25:38 PM
yeah the governors a dick , cant even get his eyepatch on the  :shruggy:correct  eye

Yeah, I noriced that the other day when I saw a pic of the graphic novel version. Another thing that kind of baffles me about this TV version; he's anout as homely as they come and yet every post-apocalyptic babe out there can't seem to wait to get into the sack with him. :shruggy:

mrsskip68

OMG! Awesome episode!  :2thumbs: (very sad too!)

sunfire69

Hey Bull....have you noticed in some shots he looks a lot like Jim Jones....go figure.... :o

bull

Quote from: sunfire69 on December 02, 2013, 08:31:33 AM
Hey Bull....have you noticed in some shots he looks a lot like Jim Jones....go figure.... :o

Yes, I have. And the comparisons go deeper too. Sumbich finally got what he had coming although I wish that gal hadn't shot him in the head. Should have let him stumble around for a while and then turn like Michonne had apparebtly planned.

Great episode though. Didn't expect Hershel to get it; figured Carl would have popped the Governor about the time he raised the sword. Oh well, the prison was getting boring anyway. Now they're scattered all over the place and back to square one.

69wannabe

Hated to see Hershel go but the gov is history!!!! That is the first time I ever saw Rick get beat down but he was also shot in the leg too and ole patch was 100%. When that walker came up on Daryl and it cut the scene I was fixin to freak out!! like I said before if Daryl goes i'm out. I was glad to see him in the next scene using the walker as a shield. He was also awesome in Boondock Saints!!!!  Was glad to see Carl pop those two that were heading for Rick!! I almost jumped off the couch!! :icon_smile_big: I dont really worry bout Carl since he seems to handle himself pretty good. A great episode and still alot of unanswered questions that will have to wait to february I guess.

chargerboy69

Finally got around to watching it last night. . It stinks about Hershel, but I think everyone new he was going to get wacked. It was a great episode, action packed. . . Now a three month wait, I hate when they do this.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

mrsskip68

remta1

so when does rick finally get eaten by a zombie ..closes his eyes and wakes up and he is still in the hospital and its all a bad dream and useless whore/mum/wife is with him.... or he wakes up and she has her back to him and she turns round and she is a zombie ? or have I been watching Dallas to much when I was a kid  :shruggy: :D :smilielol:

jaak

Second half of season 4 premiers tonight...Can't wait  :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Jason

Dodge Don

jaak

Sort of a slow episode last night.

Though Carl was going to get his reckless arse killed.... But I guess you gotta have growing pains in the Apocalypse too.
Also was starting to think Rick was gonna die in his sleep.

Tonight also confirmed what I've always thought about Michonne, that chick is a BA!

Jason

69wannabe

71green go

:eek2: my 12 year old daughter thinks Carls cute....... :smilielol: I think hes a freak .......after the last Episode Pudding sales went up and Carl was the Number one tweeted thing...all young girls of course...I had to laugh...he also went from a few thousand people following him on twitter to over 27,000 by time show ended........of course my daughter telling me all this!

jaak

Quote from: 69wannabe on February 12, 2014, 07:17:11 PM
Got Pudding???

LOL

Quote from: 71green go on February 12, 2014, 07:27:16 PM
:eek2: my 12 year old daughter thinks Carls cute....... :smilielol: I think hes a freak .......after the last Episode Pudding sales went up and Carl was the Number one tweeted thing...all young girls of course...I had to laugh...he also went from a few thousand people following him on twitter to over 27,000 by time show ended........of course my daughter telling me all this!

Yes, this episode was centered around Carl mainly, and Michonne. Can't wait to see whats going on with the other characters.

Jason