News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Number of 68 Chargers in Existance???

Started by Mopar Crazy, January 25, 2006, 09:03:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derailed

Quote from: hemihead on January 26, 2006, 01:25:51 PM
There are more R/T's left than what was produced lol.They are like Camaros anymore,everyone has one.
you beat me to it  ;D

chargervert

I'm from Rhode Island,and I have 5 second generation Chargers! Although the rust did get a lot of them,theres still quite a few left here in New England!

Chad L. Magee

Quote from: skip68 on January 27, 2006, 12:39:51 PM
:coolgleamA: SKIP's GOT A SECRET !!!!!!!! There are more than you think out there. :icon_smile_big: I'm getting a few friends to go in with me to try and buy as many as we can. :icon_smile_cool: My father-in-law told me about the cars that are out here in the west...They are on private land and he can get me in. :icon_smile_big: Not sure what I can buy or not :shruggy: but there is lots of them along with other cars as well.  These same people have them in three western states.  I'm sure there must be at least one other member on this site that knows what I'm talking about and knows you can't just stumble on these cars.  IF YOU KNOW, PM me and lets talk. Most of them (if not all) don't run but are complete cars....I'm not greedy, I just want what I can get...I'm not going to lie and say I'm not doing it for profit cause it's 50/50. I'm planning my trip in March-April and see what happens :scratchchin: Wish I would have known about this years ago. :icon_smile_blackeye:...........................Chuck

If you are talking about the midwest area, I know of the stash you are mentioning.  Don't count your chickens before you hatch though, all of those cars in that stash are not for sale...........
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

Mopar Crazy

What Stash????? can you let a fellow 68 Charger in?????
Do it Once and Do it Right !!!

Chad L. Magee

Quote from: Mopar Crazy on February 01, 2006, 02:53:45 PM
What Stash????? can you let a fellow 68 Charger in?????

They are part of a friend's collection and due to that, I can't say much more.  He has collected them for a long time (since the early 80s).  You could consider them carsinbarn material for the future........

skip68

:nono: Sorry Chad L. Magee, That's not the stash I'm talking about.. :nono: :nono: Is the one your'e talking about the guy that has like 50 +_ with truck loads of parts in a warehouse that was trying to get Warner Bros. to buy some last year?????????Oh well, These people were not collecting them or the old chevy's, they just used the cars when they were cheap and parked them when they were done(wrecked,motors shot, trans. ect......) Trust me, if this pans out I will let everyone know, not where they are but what's for sale. :wave:  Chuck..........................
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Chad L. Magee

Quote from: skip68 on February 02, 2006, 03:16:52 AM
:nono: Sorry Chad L. Magee, That's not the stash I'm talking about.. :nono: :nono: Is the one your'e talking about the guy that has like 50 +_ with truck loads of parts in a warehouse that was trying to get Warner Bros. to buy some last year?????????Oh well, These people were not collecting them or the old chevy's, they just used the cars when they were cheap and parked them when they were done(wrecked,motors shot, trans. ect......) Trust me, if this pans out I will let everyone know, not where they are but what's for sale. :wave:  Chuck..........................

Well, part of the stash I mentioned before is stored at two closed high school buildings the guy bought at an auction.  One is filled with just parts for his cars..................

skip68

SWEET, maybe he will kick you a little here and there???? :icon_smile_big: I would keep info to myself and play the waiting game.!!! He may throw you a bone or two and that would be sweet :coolgleamA:  Chuck.............................
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Mopar Crazy

Chad and Skip. Sounds like you guys have a pretty good in. I can undetsand why you want to keep this to yourselves.
So far I have only bought and restored. These days, I try to get some inside info and grab the cars before some other guy does and takes them apart. I've seen where guys know the value of these parts and start cutting up good cars.
It kills me to see these cars sit and rot away, or someone cutting them up.
Do it Once and Do it Right !!!

Chad L. Magee

I'm looking at buying a very special project that I have been offered by friend of the mass mopar collector I was talking about before.  It is a 1968 Charger 318, three on the tree manual.  The funny thing is that he actually has two of them (they are now registered in DCR)......

skip68

Hey Chad, I was wondering if this friend of the collector is the same guy I talked to last year??? :ahum: .  This guy I was talking to said he was helping his friend sale some cars because needed the cash do to a divorce I think and some other reasons...HEY, is Vince the name of the guy selling the cars for his friend ?  If it is then I know about that stash too :coolgleamA: Man, I guess I know where alot of cars are......Anyway, if it's not the guy you're talking about I do have this guys phone # and he is/was selling...I can call him and find out and, if he says it's ok I'll give you his phone#  :patriot:  Maybe he's got something for you too ? Oh well, just thought I'd throw that out there. Let me know, Skip................................................

Chad L. Magee

No, his name is Don.  He is only selling a few chargers that he got off of the mass collector, or that the mass collector missed.  The mass collector has not sold anything of his except occationally a part or two.  I am at the stage that I am getting picky over rarity and prefer the really oddball ones.  I just wish I had more storage space (and more $) or I would buy up all the second gens that I could.  Yeah, send me his numer if he OKs it. Thanks.....

skip68

I'll call him today, and btw, a 318 3 on the tree would be a nice car to add to collection :icon_smile_cool: GRAB IT if you can...................Chuck.......