News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Questions for R/T SE expert

Started by ytcharger, February 29, 2012, 02:21:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ytcharger

My front seats are 2-tone (saddle and silver leather...I think) with headrests but they are not new looking. Are there reproduction front seats out there. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Ghoste

Your best bet is to try Legendary Auto Interiors.

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

hemigeno

Quote from: ytcharger on February 29, 2012, 02:21:59 PM
My front seats are 2-tone (saddle and silver leather...I think) with headrests but they are not new looking. Are there reproduction front seats out there. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Those sound like custom/aftermarket seat covers to me if your car is a '69.  Saddle Tan was defintely available in '69 (monochromatic, no silver accents), but I'm not sure what the color combo was in '70.

Until looking at the 1969 color selector guide to research this question just now, I never realized (or forgot it if I had noticed this before) that White and Red interior colors are not mentioned in the Special Edition section.  Wonder if Chris has any SE's in the registry with either of those two colors...  :scratchchin:

Oh yeah, and Legendary is indeed the place to go for seat covers.  Those guys are the best on interior stuff.

DixieRestoParts

Agreed, that's a custom aftermarket seat cover. We're a dealer for Legendary and would be glad to help if you want to do a custom cover or factory. Post your fender tag interior codes and we can help decode it to tell you what it originally came with. I'd guess Saddle from your post. 
Dixie Restoration Parts
Ball Ground, Georgia
Phone: (770) 975-9898
Phone Hours: M-F 10am-6pm EST
mail@dixierestorationparts.com
Veteran owned small business

The Best Parts at a Fair Price

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: DixieRestoParts on February 29, 2012, 04:59:29 PM
Agreed, that's a custom aftermarket seat cover. We're a dealer for Legendary and would be glad to help if you want to do a custom cover or factory. Post your fender tag interior codes and we can help decode it to tell you what it originally came with. I'd guess Saddle from your post. 

:iagree: :iagree:

1969chargerrtse

Not the best seat picture but I think these are Legendary and they are great!
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

XS29LA47V21

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on February 29, 2012, 05:19:40 PM

Nice.

you still have your buttons  :hah:  :slap:

bakerhillpins

Quote from: XS29LA47V21 on February 29, 2012, 05:28:25 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on February 29, 2012, 05:19:40 PM

Nice.

you still have your buttons  :hah:  :slap:

Apparently he is one of the lucky ones.   :P
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

tracpack440

I have legendary covers on mine and one of my buttons fell off less that one year after install. would say legendary is still the best.
1969 Charger  R/T SE 4 spd dana

tan top

how were your buttons attached ?   , mine had a long opened out aluminum spikes on the back ?
  my buttons are still in place  :scratchchin:
:popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

tracpack440

I guess i should say  The button mounts are still there. The leather or vinyl covers fell off.
1969 Charger  R/T SE 4 spd dana

ytcharger

Thanks for the inputs so far. Bought this car from my friend's father 6 years ago and just finally find some time to work on it. Engine is done (I hope), but next, I'd like to make the interior newer stock looking as much as possible.

Take a look at the pics below and tell me if the seats are original or not. The rear seat looks like a replacement but I am not familiar with this car to say what is original and what's not.  What all the codes on the fender tag mean?

moparfan53

The seats look to be original. Below is the section from the 1969 dealer book with info about what was included with the SE (Special Edition) package. The A47 on the fender tag is the SE option. The front seats only (not the rear) had leather inserts instead of the vinyl used on the standard interior. I think it is because of the leather that the front seats wear and age different than the rear, as well as the front being used more. I have seen several SE interiors that the bucket seats are very discolored compared to the rear and/or non SE bucket seats.

moparfan53

Here is the trim book page showing the colors. Your's was called tan, code CRT on your fender tag. I know it is hard to believe how much the seats discolor, but they do. I also have a 69 Charger SE with the tan interior. My front seats are not quite as bad as your's, but there is a noticeable difference from the rear. Some trivia; the SE could not be ordered with white or red interiors, only the colors shown below. I can't imagine why though.  :shruggy:

Great car by the way!  :2thumbs: :drool5:

hemigeno

Quote from: ytcharger on February 29, 2012, 10:49:58 PM
What all the codes on the fender tag mean?

E86 - 440cid 1-4bbl High Performance engine
D32 - A727 3-speed automatic transmission
XS29 - Charger R/T sports hardtop
L     - 440cid 1-4bbl High Performance engine
9    - 1969 Model Year
   B  - Hamtramck Final Assembly Plant
263168 - VIN sequence number
T5  - Body Paint color - Copper Metallic
C    - Charger trim grade
  R   - Leather & Vinyl bucket seats
    T - Tan interior color
T3  - Upper Door Frame paint color - Light Bronze Metallic
114 - Scheduled Build Date - January 14, 1969
199967 - Vehicle Order Number (a/k/a Special Order Number)
A01 - Charger Light Package - ashtray, glove box, trunk, ignition (w/ delay), map lights & headlamp-on warning buzzer
A04 - Charger Radio Group - AM radio, power steering, power brakes, 3-speed wipers, deep dish wheel covers, left remote-control mirror
A36 - Performance Axle Package (8-3/4" SureGrip axle w/3.55:1 ratio, 7-blade torque drive fan, 26" radiator, "Hemi" suspension {standard w/ R/T})
A47 - Special Edition - Leather/vinyl front bucket seats, woodgrain wheel, pedal dress-up, light package, deep dish wheel covers, woodgrain instrument panel, hood-mounted turn signals, "C" pillar emblem
B51 - Power Brakes (drums, if B41 disc brakes are not ordered)
C16 - Console
C55 - Bucket Seats
G15 - Tinted Windshield (only)
G33 - Mirror, outside, left, remote control
J25 - Windshield wipers, 3-speed
L31 - Turn signal indicators, hood-mounted
M21 - Moulding, roof rail
M31 - Moulding, body belt
R11 - Solid State Radio - AM MusicMaster (2 watt)
V1W - Vinyl top - white color
V8W - Transverse tape stripe (bumblebee) - white color
26 - 26" radiator
END - Duh

XS29LA47V21

No AC on an SE
less common (to me, kinda cool) Looks like a nice original interior and your dash map still works.... now that is cool.
but be a northern car of sorts delivered originally I imagine.

So do know where it was sold new or lived some of it's early life? 

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

I look at these seats all faded and think there must have been moisture in the air... Seen it before...  :Twocents:

In any event, the car is now completely ruined and you should give consideration to sending it my way for purchase.  :2thumbs: Kidding  :cheers:

Nice car  :yesnod:

Ghoste

Definitely just looks like discoloration to me.

bakerhillpins

That is one cool car.  :yesnod:   Need to post up some more pics of the rest of that car.  :popcrn:

Is that a drag bike I see through the window?
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

ytcharger

Quote from: hemigeno on March 01, 2012, 10:36:48 AM
Quote from: ytcharger on February 29, 2012, 10:49:58 PM
What all the codes on the fender tag mean?

E86 - 440cid 1-4bbl High Performance engine
D32 - A727 3-speed automatic transmission
XS29 - Charger R/T sports hardtop
L     - 440cid 1-4bbl High Performance engine
9    - 1969 Model Year
   B  - Hamtramck Final Assembly Plant
263168 - VIN sequence number
T5  - Body Paint color - Copper Metallic
C    - Charger trim grade
  R   - Leather & Vinyl bucket seats
    T - Tan interior color
T3  - Upper Door Frame paint color - Light Bronze Metallic
114 - Scheduled Build Date - January 14, 1969
199967 - Vehicle Order Number (a/k/a Special Order Number)
A01 - Charger Light Package - ashtray, glove box, trunk, ignition (w/ delay), map lights & headlamp-on warning buzzer
A04 - Charger Radio Group - AM radio, power steering, power brakes, 3-speed wipers, deep dish wheel covers, left remote-control mirror
A36 - Performance Axle Package (8-3/4" SureGrip axle w/3.55:1 ratio, 7-blade torque drive fan, 26" radiator, "Hemi" suspension {standard w/ R/T})
A47 - Special Edition - Leather/vinyl front bucket seats, woodgrain wheel, pedal dress-up, light package, deep dish wheel covers, woodgrain instrument panel, hood-mounted turn signals, "C" pillar emblem
B51 - Power Brakes (drums, if B41 disc brakes are not ordered)
C16 - Console
C55 - Bucket Seats
G15 - Tinted Windshield (only)
G33 - Mirror, outside, left, remote control
J25 - Windshield wipers, 3-speed
L31 - Turn signal indicators, hood-mounted
M21 - Moulding, roof rail
M31 - Moulding, body belt
R11 - Solid State Radio - AM MusicMaster (2 watt)
V1W - Vinyl top - white color
V8W - Transverse tape stripe (bumblebee) - white color
26 - 26" radiator
END - Duh

Thanks so much for taking the time to decode the tag. Also, thanks everyone for your input...very helpful to know what I have.

I am thinking about having the seats redye if possible since the seats are in greatshape besides the discoloring.

ytcharger

Quote from: bakerhillpins on March 01, 2012, 01:31:18 PM
That is one cool car.  :yesnod:   Need to post up some more pics of the rest of that car.  :popcrn:

Is that a drag bike I see through the window?

Yes, it's a drag bike, but it's one of a kind. I'll post a pic or two later. I also restore vintage motorcycles, modify and starting to build extreme bikes.

Tilar

Quote from: tracpack440 on February 29, 2012, 07:53:53 PM
I have legendary covers on mine and one of my buttons fell off less that one year after install. would say legendary is still the best.

During a trip to New York a couple years ago I stopped in at Legendary because the buttons in my 73 had came off within a couple days after I put the seat covers in it, they gave me a small bag of them incase I had future problems.  :yesnod:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

triple_green

agree with the leather aging differently... only front seating surface is leather. Looks original.
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

XS29LA47V21

:drool5: 
Those nice old faded seats would not bother me one bit, clearly a showing a well taken care of nice original car, nothing wrong with that in my book (I would not dye them personally)......... :popcrn: