News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How to hot wire a car!

Started by Stretch, February 28, 2012, 10:13:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stretch

I may be schizophrenic but at least I have us!

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Fitz73Chrgr

There is no such thing as "hot wiring" a car.  That would not work.
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

bill440rt

"Locate the battery (it's square and has two red and black cables)."

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Inked_Ghandi

Someone should try it and tell me how it goes.  :icon_smile_big: I don't care to try it
"It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winning is winning."

USAF AMMO

Tilar

Quote from: Fitz73Chrgr on February 28, 2012, 11:42:39 PM
There is no such thing as "hot wiring" a car.  That would not work.

Other than going into all sorts of crap that he's got on that page, what is so wrong about it? Basically use his reference numbers 4 and 8. All you need is to run a hot wire from the battery to the + side of the ignition coil and then cross the solenoid or starter relay and it will start.... provided it is capable of starting.

Any of our old chargers will start that way.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Inked_Ghandi

If I remember correctly our chargers should start with just a screwdriver. Gotta say that is the scariest feeling in the world. I couldn't get one of my older cars to start so I was playing with the starter. Accidentally touched boths sides of the starter with the wrench I was using and it started right up while i was underneath it. It was smoking and I couldn't stop it. I don't think I have moved so fast in my life then that time.
"It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winning is winning."

USAF AMMO

nvrbdn

Quote from: Tilar on March 02, 2012, 12:45:37 PM
Quote from: Fitz73Chrgr on February 28, 2012, 11:42:39 PM
There is no such thing as "hot wiring" a car.  That would not work.

Other than going into all sorts of crap that he's got on that page, what is so wrong about it? Basically use his reference numbers 4 and 8. All you need is to run a hot wire from the battery to the + side of the ignition coil and then cross the solenoid or starter relay and it will start.... provided it is capable of starting.

Any of our old chargers will start that way.

yep, i was selling a complete motor once with it in the back of my truck hooked up a small plastic bottle with gas to the carb and used this method to fire the motor up. sat there runnin in the back of the truck.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

ChgrSteve67

Now a days with the computer cars they just take a computer that has their keys already programmed. Swap computers and off they go.