News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rubber gasket for metal door inside fresh air box

Started by tylerk, February 15, 2012, 11:37:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tylerk

Does anyone repop the rubber gasket for the metal flap/door?
I was working on mine today and as I was removing it, the last two inches I
had left ripped and it's useless now. Hoping I don't have to buy another fresh
air box just to get the door...

charger2fast4u

Give these guys a look they make a lot of the gaskets for our mopars I got a complete A/C heater box gasket kit and a full heater only box gasket set from them very satisfied with the kit also haven't heard any bad about them from anyone on here as far as I know

tylerk

Thanks, what's their name? If it's DMT they don't offer the rubber gasket. Thanks!

charger2fast4u

Ooops guess it would help if I posted the link http://www.detroitmuscletechnologies.com/  you say they don't have the rubber gasket? Did you call them and see? If you can post a pic of the gasket I can see if they included it in my kit haven't tore into my box's yet so I don't have an exact idea if what one your talking about

gtx6970

There is a rubber molded rubber flap looking  seal that goes around the  vent door,. it is NOT being reproduced  

tylerk

Yeah, Mr. Fillmore from DMT told me yesterday...I've found a few old Mopars at a bodyshop a few towns over that are parts cars, stopped in yesterday but noone was around. Window-shopped and found a fresh air box and the dash vents I'm needing, gonna check and see if anyone's around today. Looks like it's been closed for quite some time.