News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1971 Hemi Challenger - Barn Find

Started by 1970Moparmann, February 14, 2012, 09:22:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PocketThunder

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on February 27, 2012, 06:34:41 PM
Quote from: PocketThunder on February 27, 2012, 10:19:51 AM
Hey i know where one of those are, same color even.  Here are a couple pics.  Been sitting for at least 7 years now, since i found it anyways.  I left my number on the windshield wiper but the guy hasnt called me yet.  I should probably go back there and update to my new number...  :yesnod:

Hemi also?

Oh i missed that part, no it is a 340, so pretty close.   :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

maxwellwedge

Quote from: fc7_plumcrazy on February 29, 2012, 03:35:06 PM
Quote from: bill440rt on February 27, 2012, 08:21:11 AM
Quote from: resq302 on February 27, 2012, 07:25:48 AM
my question is why would a car with that low miles need to be repainted? One repaint in original Plum Crazy -The car had white RT stripes from the factory but were not put back on after the car was re-painted in the original Plum Crazy paint.

Easy. The factory FC7 paintjobs were horrible, and commonly failed (peeled, faded). Finding a survivor FC7 car with nice paint is tough, they are far & few between. The car could have also been raced before & perhaps it had some custom shit on it.  Just speculation, who the heck knows??  :shruggy:

I agree the seller is doing a poor job representing this car. All a buyer has to go on is his typed description. Sure, he's telling us it's real (It's really real! REALLY it is!!!), but there's no photos to back it up.
It's up to $125K right now, no way would I be in on it without seeing/touching/smelling some original paperwork.
:Twocents:

any original paint FC7 Mopar is hard to find. Even if the paint is in bad shape

Carsten

Maybe..... :icon_smile_cool:

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

XS29LA47V21

...........................................Of course, one man's barn is another man's shop.
[/quote]

Mike .......youuuuuu talkin' to me?   

I agree, a car like that finds a collector.....aaaaaah usually a very very long time ago.   

Feel like to me a term flippers or dealers are using, does not mean much to me, just a sales tacktic, either the car is nice or ... not so much.  Oh yeah, several of my have been pasture finds or salvage yard finds or used car section finds :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

ACUDANUT

Here we go again.  "barn find"...aka..a car in someones garage that can't afford a car cover.  Too much for a non convertible imo.  :Twocents:
I am weary of shill bidding too.  :icon_smile_cool:

RallyeMike

QuoteMike .......youuuuuu talkin' to me?   

I agree, a car like that finds a collector.....aaaaaah usually a very very long time ago.   

Feel like to me a term flippers or dealers are using, does not mean much to me, just a sales tacktic, either the car is nice or ... not so much.  Oh yeah, several of my have been pasture finds or salvage yard finds or used car section finds smilielol smilielol smilielol

:lol:  No. 

"Barn-find" definitely means something to to me: "I'm flipping this car and can't even be bothered to wash the grime off it".
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: RallyeMike on February 14, 2012, 09:44:15 PM
I'm not buying the Barn story.

I think people who use that term should be required to post photos of the "Barn".  :scratchchin:

people use the term 'barn yard find' way too loosely these days its not back in the day anymore where it was a true barn yard find. Now they click on yahoo articles about someone finding something in their barn worth millions, but now people throw stuff in the barn for 2 days and then claim a barn yard find to add nostaligia to their finding hoping to increase its value.  ::)