News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Graveyard Carz looking for shipper

Started by r4daytona, February 13, 2012, 09:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

r4daytona

Don't know if this is the correct spot for this, but I'm giving it a try. Trying to find a reasonably priced car shipper to haul some cars to Marks Graveyard Carz shop in oregon. Mike's white Superbird from S.C. needs to go there, an A12 superbee from Syracuse NY needs to get there and when my Daytona is done in a few months, I'll need it brought back. There may be another car in California that needs to come back near Northern Florida.  Would be happy to try and coordinate this with someone. Also would like to know if we can get some kind of a price break in exchange for advertizing on the show, ie:filming the cars as they are being dropped off or picked up as they do in other shows. Never hurts to ask. Can't guarantee it but it could mean other cars as well since most of the cars he gets are inoperable.
Thanks  Tom

Ghoste

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Golden-Arm

DONT use anyone seen on the tv show "shipping wars". the few episodes i've watched, there's problems with every shipper, and damage done to everything they haul. :brickwall:

Old Moparz

Quote from: Golden-Arm on February 14, 2012, 12:42:14 AM
DONT use anyone seen on the tv show "shipping wars". the few episodes i've watched, there's problems with every shipper, and damage done to everything they haul. :brickwall:

That's what happens when you recruit cast members from the Jersey Shore.  :lol:

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

pettybird

we use reliable or pinnacle at work. 

go to central dispatch to have people bid on the job, but you might end up with some really weird responses...

r4daytona

Thanks for the responses so far.  I was not thinking of the guys from shipping wars, unless of course it was the hot chick that came to see me!, Seriously, I've heard of uship, and was told the people from that show were uship people??  I was told to be careful of uship, (no offense nascarxx) but have never dealt with them.  Any input??? As far as time frame, my car wouldn't be available for pick up till about may/june if that was going to be picked up after dropping off the others for a return trip.  However, I wouldn't want that to hold up gettnig the others there if someone was heading that way.

Ghoste

You could try Higgins Auto Transport, 317-727-6862.  Enclosed haulers, good rates,  often making runs in that California to Florida direction as it is and used to dealing with vintage cars.

resq302

I have used Passport Transport (now a division of Fed Ex custom critical) for 3 of our cars in the past.  The cars have been meticulously cared for during shipment.  They have plastic under the cars so nothing from up top drips down onto the cars below, they put a steering wheel cover on, and also put down paper mats inside the cars.  When our cars have been delivered, there have been anything from Lamborghinis to antique Chords (spelling?) on it.  Their trailers are totally enclosed and I have yet to see one in any kind of condition other than excellent, meaning no damage to the trailers, tractors and trailers look nice and clean and cared for, etc.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Ghoste

Passport are no longer associated with FedEx.  I want to make that clear for anyone who had issues with them during the FedEx debacle.  The plastic and paper are standard with anyone dealing a lot with older cars.  Reliable and Higgins do that as well as do any of the shippers with TINAS or any of the dedicated vintage haulers.  The key is enclosed transport and you are getting what you pay for.  You can barter a bit with the quality ones and they will generally work with you but you will generally find their rates are fairly competetive to one another.  When someone comes in with some bargain rate that is incredibly knock you off your feet less, be concerned.

wingcar builder

Friend of mine in L.A. builds Movie cars and he has couple enclosed transporters. buys and sells mopars as well.he built the chargers for Drive angry also. he travels from the coast to coast picking up cars. pm me and I'll give you his number. he's a real good guy!

nascarxx29

:Twocents:  Cars seem to be the exception on shipping wars .Didnt see any get hurt T bird to FL 78 Trans Am  Baja off roader to Mexico.They would have to be insured and bonded to qualify.A added plus video documentary
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Golden-Arm

uship is like ebay, for shippers. you advertise a load, and bidders make offers on what they'll charge. thats what you are seeing, when you watch "shipping wars". people selecting a shipper based solely on the lowest bid, and then you see the way your stuff is handled. everything i saw, was damaged, mishandled and involved in some sort of drama. clumsy goons loading your stuff, insecure loads breaking loose inside trailers, rigs breaking down, etc. if it was me, i wouldnt be looking to save a few bucks on a shipper, based on what i see the uship idiots doing on that show. maybe the producers picked the worst 5 crews to follow, so it makes interesting tv, but it should make potential shippers cringe.  :Twocents:

wingcar builder

My Brother sells muscle cars in New England. He sold a 69 Z/28 4 wheel disc brake cross ram engine Project car. Super rare! these 2 clowns show up from a company that couldn't even speak english and used another customers car to pull the camaro up on the transporter ( the 302 engine was froze up from sitting 15 years) they half ass chain it down  and take off. the customer calls my brother to ask questions about these guys because they lost the car in Connecticut! it was a twisted up ball of junk down an embankment after it came off and hit the guard rail and flipped over it. the guy did say the crossram intake on the car was still good!  ::)  so these guys are still hauling cars to!

r4daytona

Fred

Quote from: wingcar builder on February 14, 2012, 06:32:41 PM
My Brother sells muscle cars in New England. He sold a 69 Z/28 4 wheel disc brake cross ram engine Project car. Super rare! these 2 clowns show up from a company that couldn't even speak english and used another customers car to pull the camaro up on the transporter ( the 302 engine was froze up from sitting 15 years) they half ass chain it down  and take off. the customer calls my brother to ask questions about these guys because they lost the car in Connecticut! it was a twisted up ball of junk down an embankment after it came off and hit the guard rail and flipped over it. the guy did say the crossram intake on the car was still good!  ::)  so these guys are still hauling cars to!

:o :o unbelievable!! I say unbelievable but more often than not these days this really does go on. Just terrible! :brickwall:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

superbirdtom

Quote from: r4daytona on February 13, 2012, 09:59:50 PM
Don't know if this is the correct spot for this, but I'm giving it a try. Trying to find a reasonably priced car shipper to haul some cars to Marks Graveyard Carz shop in oregon. Mike's white Superbird from S.C. needs to go there, an A12 superbee from Syracuse NY needs to get there and when my Daytona is done in a few months, I'll need it brought back. There may be another car in California that needs to come back near Northern Florida.  Would be happy to try and coordinate this with someone. Also would like to know if we can get some kind of a price break in exchange for advertizing on the show, ie:filming the cars as they are being dropped off or picked up as they do in other shows. Never hurts to ask. Can't guarantee it but it could mean other cars as well since most of the cars he gets are inoperable.
Thanks  Tom
I used a great shipper for my fc7road runner  the guy works his ass off  , call jim Kollman at 360-391-9939  he can turn you onto the guy.  he travels all night. and ships high end cars.  hes dirt cheap. just keep trying the phone number ask for jimmy and mention my name (tom ferr and he''''l'l bend over backwards to get you the shippers name .his transport holds 20 or so cars at once. ad their protected and tied down real good.   he also knows where theirs some cool mpoars  he just finished a black 71 340 cuda.  and is the guy wose working on the six pack bird for 5 years now. oh yeah  hes in the seattleoregon area.  good luck. p.s.  jimmy can find you any car you want.

bigblock_doc

I have a 28ft enclosed trailer. Just need to get a good schedule, so I don't have alot of empty miles.
I have moved cars for people on this site, also Moparts, and Moparstyle. Thirty years of experence
with no goof ups. Probably just jinxed myself.
Thanks Dodgecharger,
Doc Schwarz
734-341-0507
PS> My rates are already low.