News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

L2388 Pistons replacement weight diference.

Started by COKE, February 12, 2012, 10:55:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

COKE

Not in the 1.094 range.At least not in my knowledge.
What about to drill the piston skirts a bit?

As a curiosity,yeasterday i was talking with the owner of a shop specialized  cranks balancing ,and he said that they can balance an V engine.It is not usual for them  but they can to fabricate the bobweights,berarings etc so it is possible but so is expensive and would take a lot of time .

She suggested to me to buy the Icons 140 gr lighter pistons and try to run them to see what happens.
He said that mounting the whole set and being a street car i could not to have vibration issues.
69´Charger R/T,440 ,4-speed,Dana 60 3.55.

firefighter3931

The Icon pistons would be your best option but with a 140g weight difference there will be some vibration....especially at higher engine speeds.  :Twocents:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs