News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Goodbye Old Friend ...I will miss you !

Started by johntpr, February 10, 2012, 11:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scaregrabber

Did Dave here in Kelowna B.C.  buy it?

Sheldon

GeneralLeeTESH

The MOST DANGEROUS thing when owning any WING car....is simply....
BEING married !!!
The TESH

GeneralLeeTESH

glad  i KEPT mINE ! nOW i SAY, " i DON'T !"      :yesnod: :icon_smile_big: :cheers:
The TESH

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Just 6T9 CHGR

Wow John, congrats/condolences at the same time.  You and that car were synonymous with why I love this hobby....having a high dollar 100 point show car and having the ca-hones to actually DRIVE it.

The new owner will be lucky to have that ride!!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Mopar John

John,
I hope the yellow Daytona turns out so well that it helps ease the pain of letting loose of the other!
MJ

NYCMille

Hey John -

Dude... it's weird isn't it? How these cars become like members of our family. I kinda want to say "I'm sorry for your loss", but that would just seem a bit odd I suppose. Either way, I am sorry that one of your babies had to go, but sometimes we do what we have to do. Now of course if I had to sell my Charger I'd prolly be in therapy for a year... but that's just me.

Hope all is well man.

Mike

69_500

It has to be hard to part with such a nice Daytona. But it will not be much longer and the Y2 car will be finished.

At least the new owner will very happy with this ride.

Charger-Bodie

The way I look at it when I sell a car is this: It was a dream come true and now it will help another dream come true...... Win Win!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

69_500

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on February 11, 2012, 04:17:10 PM
The way I look at it when I sell a car is this: It was a dream come true and now it will help another dream come true...... Win Win!

True but you upgraded this time Brian. Now that your at the top of mountain with the HEMI Daytona there is no where to go but down.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 69_500 on February 11, 2012, 04:29:28 PM
Quote from: 1HotDaytona on February 11, 2012, 04:17:10 PM

True but you upgraded this time Brian. Now that your at the top of mountain with the HEMI Daytona there is no where to go but down.

There is another step thats even higher. A real XX Vin Hemi Daytona 4 gear. I would like to aspire for that one day,but will be perfectly content with what I have if it never happens
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

WINGIN IT

Quote from: hemi68charger on February 10, 2012, 08:07:45 PM
Quote from: WINGIN IT on February 10, 2012, 08:04:04 PM
Quote from: nvrbdn on February 10, 2012, 01:10:22 PM
yep, a sad day. :'(

On a brighter note, not sad for one new lucky Daytona owner ( not me unforunately dagnabit)
Is he/she a board member?

Johnnnnnnn??   :whistling:  Are you going to tell them?  :D

So what are you sayin' Troy?
Got a green meanie headin' down to TX?
Hmmmmmm?

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

resq302

Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

hemi68charger

Quote from: WINGIN IT on February 11, 2012, 06:58:33 PM
Quote from: hemi68charger on February 10, 2012, 08:07:45 PM
Quote from: WINGIN IT on February 10, 2012, 08:04:04 PM
Quote from: nvrbdn on February 10, 2012, 01:10:22 PM
yep, a sad day. :'(

On a brighter note, not sad for one new lucky Daytona owner ( not me unforunately dagnabit)
Is he/she a board member?

Johnnnnnnn??   :whistling:  Are you going to tell them?  :D

So what are you sayin' Troy?
Got a green meanie headin' down to TX?
Hmmmmmm?

I will respect John and let him say if he wants...
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

resq302

Same with me.  Its not my business to say who he sold it to or how much.   
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

bill440rt

My sincerest condolences, John. Must be heartbreaking, to say the least. I know how much you loved that car. I'll sure miss seeing it as well. It always blew me away every time. Your attention to detail is astounding.
Can't wait to see the Y2 car! Looks like you're doing a fantastic job!  :cheers:  :scope:

Hope the Daytona has a great new home, wherever it is now.  :yesnod:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

johntpr

Thanks you eveyone...I owe much of the knowledge I've used on that car to you all.

It's gone to a good home, but no one on our board etc.

RJS

Hey John,

Good "bad" NEWS!!!!    That Daytona was the nicest out there!   Time for the Y2 to take the Throne... :2thumbs:

richRTSE

I've never seen the car in person, but it sure looked awesome in pictures. Must have been hard to part with it. F6 is one of my favorite colors on a Daytona.
:drool5: :drool5:

FJ5WING

Are we going to get the new owner on the board or is he going to be doing hot laps in it during his spare time? :popcrn:
wingless now, but still around.

Aero426

I think if he wanted to do hot laps, he would have bought Troy's car, LOL. 

The new owner of John's Daytona is Ray Evernham.   Ray has been building a collection of all the Aero cars and the Daytona was the last that he needed to have one of each.    He indicated a while back that he was looking forward to attending the Indy meet in July and was likely to have some of his cars there too.   Ray has a very nice facility in the Charlotte area to display his cars which are both street cars and race cars.    He's says that he is very happy with the F6 Daytona  (as just about anyone would be).  

hemi68charger

Quote from: Aero426 on February 21, 2012, 02:18:40 PM
I think if he wanted to do hot laps, he would have bought Troy's car, LOL. 

The new owner of John's Daytona is Ray Evernham.   Ray has been building a collection of all the Aero cars and the Daytona was the last that he needed to have one of each.    He indicated a while back that he was looking forward to attending the Indy meet in July and was likely to have some of his cars there too.   Ray has a very nice facility in the Charlotte area to display his cars which are both street cars and race cars.    He's says that he is very happy with the F6 Daytona  (as just about anyone would be).  

Yeap.. Now that you let the cat out of the hat, I came in 2nd........ missed it by "THAT" much....  :lol:

Ray also picked up a real nice F8 C500.... Spoke to him and he pointed me to this.. Nice addition.....
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

FJ5WING

the bag might as well have been see through the way you guys drop hints. :smilielol:

good thing it wasnt meant to stay hushed.
wingless now, but still around.