News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Transmission id

Started by Hoss, February 07, 2012, 04:26:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoss

! My gear box is down so i looking for parts. Will be a Hughes street master and the master kit from the same supplier. Its a 727 behind a 440, But im not shure what year and model it is, and im gettin a bit nervous. Have to order the things from the states so it just has to be right the first time..

The number on the gearbox is 09104. in the line below its 2466 091 10

Found a longer number to, PK35 15845 38-3 6797. So, any ideas of what kind of 727 i have? Or were i can find out what kind.

If i have done my homework right its a 1971 fited to a 383 originaly..

oldkimmer

.........U r correct............400s used the same # in 1972.....it will have a 3 clutch front drum and 3 pinion planetaries.......2.9  kd lever.....and a useless controlled load front servo..........kim............
Back in the good old days 1968 charger rt 440 magnum . 1968  charger 383 magnum. The Beast has been Unleashed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John_Kunkel

After 40+ years it's impossible to know what's inside without a teardown.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Hoss

U r right John, i orderd from Hughes today and they gave me a few pointers so i hope im on the right track