News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wow... Govier is a brave soul on moparts....

Started by hemi68charger, February 06, 2012, 02:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

resq302

Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

greasyspider

'71 Plum Crazy  R/T

Chad L. Magee

Quote from: moparstuart on February 17, 2012, 02:42:41 PM
Quote from: TUFCAT on February 17, 2012, 02:35:11 PM
Unless you have a time machine nobody will ever read Galen's epic 27 page thread again.  I tried and got the mesaage "access denied".   :shruggy:
i'm sure someone was smart enough to save it all 

I did not save the entire discussion before it ended, but did manage to save the first twenty three+ pages of it.  I went to print it out but it would have been 300+ pages of paper from my printer setup.  I figured it was going to get deleted by moparts the way the accusations were flying on the posts by either side.  Sometimes it is better to just be a fly on the wall....
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

ChgrSteve67

I always love watching a good internet train wreck.

I was reading one the other day between a vender and customer that wanted to return his 1 year old custom vinyl graphics that he had never installed saying they were the wrong ones and he found a place local that would make and install them for less. He was upset that the vender would not take them back. After everyone jumped in bashing both the vender and the customer the post was deleted in less than 24 hours after it started.

Go figure.

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Ghoste

Interesting, we'll have to see what his future holds now.

68X426

In case anyone thought it was a prank, here's a note from the front page of his website.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Ghoste

Clever how you have to contact someone who has been let go?

69charger2002

i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

68X426

Press Release: GG has doubled his rates, outsourced the business to Uzbekistan, and hired Peggy to manage it.

GG said something about the toilets are cleaner over there.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

duanesterrr

As a newbie to the MOPAR hobby I still don't understand the significance of this guy.  Maybe I never will.  I see Craigslist adds that say "verified by GG" and what not... am I supposed to pay more for this?

What does he provide that I can't find in 15 minutes or less using google? 

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

TheGhost

Quote from: duanesterrr on February 28, 2012, 03:59:11 PM
As a newbie to the MOPAR hobby I still don't understand the significance of this guy.  Maybe I never will.  I see Craigslist adds that say "verified by GG" and what not... am I supposed to pay more for this?

What does he provide that I can't find in 15 minutes or less using google? 

Nothing really.  Not anymore.

10 years ago was a different story.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

bull

Quote from: moparstuart on February 28, 2012, 01:06:53 PM
http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/showthread.php?t=30980

diane leaving and galen taking no new orders for awhile

Someone posted this on forbbodiesonly.com:

"Spoke with Diane there, she is leaving after 15 years, so he will not take on anymore of anything for at least 8 months to a year..."

An 8-12 month wait would actually be an improvement, wouldn't it?

resq302

no he will NOT be taking anymore for at least 8-12 mos.  After that he will start taking your hard earned money again.   :lol:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

62 Max

Quote from: resq302 on February 29, 2012, 07:05:06 AM
no he will NOT be taking anymore for at least 8-12 mos.  After that he will start taking your hard earned money again.   :lol:

Yep !!

TUFCAT

Ghoste

I disagree, I think far far too much credit has been granted to him by the magazines and auction houses.  With the possible exception of the alleged 500 shipping list he allegedly holds it would be very good for the hobby to have some of the other much more knowledgable people brought into the limelight.

TUFCAT

Quote from: Ghoste on February 29, 2012, 09:17:14 AM
I disagree, I think far far too much credit has been granted to him by the magazines and auction houses.  With the possible exception of the alleged 500 shipping list he allegedly holds it would be very good for the hobby to have some of the other much more knowledgable people brought into the limelight.

What about PHS when it comes to Pontiac's, Kevin Marti for Fords, NCRS Corvettes, and Bloomington Gold?

Further resources to authenticate a collector's item will always add value.  Even if Galen throws in the towel ... I still believe some type of "Chrysler Historical Service" will always be needed.

Barry Washington does an excellent job, as well as many others.  

Ghoste

The difference with Pontiac and Ford (imo) is that those services are coming from the factory (Kevin Marti is of course an aftermarket service but he has the complete records from Ford).  Galen is just a compiler and it has led to a lot of BAD information.  For example, it has become the norm to cite a Galen production record as official such as "according to GG, this car is 1 of 3 made with green stripes on a yellow exterior with polka dot fun fur on the dash".  When what they are actually saying is that it is one of the 3 that someone paid GG to put in his database.
His personal stamps of approval haven't exactly panned out to be perfect either even though he insists they are.  In that sense I would put him with Bloomington (another service I hold in low regard).  To my opinion, Bloomington are a series of shows that have published a guideline that they have declared to be the authority on what is correct and what isnt. 
The NCRS are better IMO but not owning a Vette I can only judge both of those organizations from where I happen to be looking across the fence.
If GG had actual factory records he was sharing, even if it were for profit like Marti, I would have more respect for his "services".  As it is, he is a Mopar history buff who is able to give fairly accurate hypothesis on many (not all) topics by weight of observation. :Twocents:

TheGhost

Quote from: TUFCAT on February 29, 2012, 01:03:18 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on February 29, 2012, 09:17:14 AM

What about PHS when it comes to Pontiac's, Kevin Marti for Fords, NCRS Corvettes, and Bloomington Gold?

Further resources to authenticate a collector's item will always add value.  Even if Galen throws in the towel ... I still believe some type of "Chrysler Historical Service" will always be needed.

Barry Washington does an excellent job, as well as many others.  

Barry provides his services for free.  I'd go to him long before Galen.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

TUFCAT

I'm trying to convey whether you collect art, baseball cards, stamps, coins, antique furniture, Barbie dolls or whatever....you still need a recognized "source" to authenticate and validate your collection.  

The value of "anything" collectible should be reviewed by a recognized expert within the hobby to determine worth... Like it or not Galen has became (this person) in the Mopar world.

Things could certainlty change if anyone has the factory invoices supposedly thrown away by Chrysler from late 60's to mid 70's - SO PLEASE STAND UP NOW!  :bow:  

Btw, Chrysler won't do it because #1 they don't have the information, and #2 won't use Galens numbers.

bull

Quote from: resq302 on February 29, 2012, 07:05:06 AM

Oh, I see. So it's going to be an 8-12 month wait in addition to his normal 12-14 month wait. Do you think he would take my money now though?

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: Ghoste on February 29, 2012, 01:29:15 PM
The difference with Pontiac and Ford (imo) is that those services are coming from the factory (Kevin Marti is of course an aftermarket service but he has the complete records from Ford).  Galen is just a compiler and it has led to a lot of BAD information.  For example, it has become the norm to cite a Galen production record as official such as "according to GG, this car is 1 of 3 made with green stripes on a yellow exterior with polka dot fun fur on the dash".  When what they are actually saying is that it is one of the 3 that someone paid GG to put in his database.
His personal stamps of approval haven't exactly panned out to be perfect either even though he insists they are.  In that sense I would put him with Bloomington (another service I hold in low regard).  To my opinion, Bloomington are a series of shows that have published a guideline that they have declared to be the authority on what is correct and what isnt. 
The NCRS are better IMO but not owning a Vette I can only judge both of those organizations from where I happen to be looking across the fence.
If GG had actual factory records he was sharing, even if it were for profit like Marti, I would have more respect for his "services".  As it is, he is a Mopar history buff who is able to give fairly accurate hypothesis on many (not all) topics by weight of observation. :Twocents:

Totally agree.