News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is it him...or me?

Started by Magnumcharger, January 22, 2012, 09:21:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnumcharger

The problem:
My brother in law - Jerry - I've known since he was four years old (1979). I introduced him to Mopars and treated him like a brother all the while he grew up.
He now has numerous cars including an SRT8 Challenger and a 1967 Hemi Coronet.
Eventually, he found himself a woman that agreed to live with him (and put up with his shit!).
Several years go by, and they're living common law.
One day he asks me if I'd be the best man at his wedding?
I said "certainly!"

Several more years go by. We discuss this wedding, which has been put off due to him not being employed adequately. He still wants me to be best man.

Jerry and his bride-to-be more out west in 2004. Several more years go by. He starts a trucking business, it does well, and he decides to do the deed.
Without telling me, he hires a Justice of the peace and picks a date. I find out, call him and tell him I'll be there to do my bit.
He says "don't bother, there's nobody going to be there but the JOTP and us". So all is good.
Come to find out he had another guy as best man.

Should I be pissed off? :flame:
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

404NOTFOUND

No. The reality is, moving far away can change a lot of things.
My 1969 Charger. RIP......Rest in pieces.

terrible one

I wouldn't be upset about not being best man, it's the fact that he didn't have the balls to tell you straight up.

Old Moparz

Quote from: Magnumcharger on January 22, 2012, 09:21:37 PM

No, leave that crap to the wimmenz, it's their job to get pissed off at dumb s**t like not being asked to be the bridesmaid when they didn't want to be the bridesmaid in the first place because of something the bride said to them 22 years ago in 8th grade gym class when some guy she had a crush on was there to hear it.  

Just be thankful that you didn't have to buy a plane ticket, it's more money to spend on your car.   :cheers:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Vainglory, Esq.

Well, he lied when he said no one would be there but the JOTP, so that's a bitch move.  But it's over; what are you gonna do?

Fred

He should have been up front with you but what's done is done. Chalk it up to another one of life's lessons.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

68X426

Quote from: terrible one on January 22, 2012, 09:31:02 PM
I wouldn't be upset about not being best man, it's the fact that he didn't have the balls to tell you straight up.

I think terrible nailed it.  :yesnod:

Don't be a girlie man - like Jerry. Move on.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

TK73

Well, of course you should be upset...   :girlfight:
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

bull

What the...? This thread was not started by MoparManJim?

MoparManJim

Quote from: bull on January 23, 2012, 03:56:25 AM

Sorry Bull.... but "no" it was not.  :smilielol: 

tan top

Quote from: Old Moparz on January 22, 2012, 10:11:16 PM
Quote from: Magnumcharger on January 22, 2012, 09:21:37 PM

No, leave that crap to the wimmenz, it's their job to get pissed off at dumb s**t like not being asked to be the bridesmaid when they didn't want to be the bridesmaid in the first place because of something the bride said to them 22 years ago in 8th grade gym class when some guy she had a crush on was there to hear it.  

Just be thankful that you didn't have to buy a plane ticket, it's more money to spend on your car.   :cheers:

:yesnod:

don't give it a second thought  ,
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

skip68

I would tell him that you're upset and he owes you.   If it was me, I would say this ............ 
"Tommy, since you screwed me out of being at the wedding can I at least be there for the divorce? "   
That's how I roll.   
;)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Troy

I can't stand weddings. If I ever get married you can stand in for me and karma will be balanced once again.

Really, I've had lifelong friends get married (who I'd expect to be the best man for) and not even invite me to the wedding. At first I'd feel left out and unappreciated but that doesn't last long. I'm generally over it before the divorce. Perhaps they all know I'm cheap and suck at speeches?

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

RECHRGD

Sue him for emotional distress....  Get enough money so he has to sell the business..... His wife will divorce him and sue him for alimony and drive him into the homeless ranks.  That's what I'd do..... :2thumbs:
13.53 @ 105.32

RTDaddy

Quote from: 68X426 on January 22, 2012, 11:51:31 PM
Quote from: terrible one on January 22, 2012, 09:31:02 PM

I think terrible nailed it.  :yesnod:

Don't be a girlie man - like Jerry. Move on.

Exactly, BUT, if you're gonna be in it, be in it to the finish.  :o Introduced best buddy to his first wife, :drool5: was best man,  ;D then moved him out when it blew up.   :cheers:

"IF YOU'RE UNDER CONTROL, YOU AIN'T GOING FAST ENOUGH."
"IF YOU'RE UNDER CONTROL, YOU AIN'T GOING FAST ENOUGH."

moparstuart

i'm guessing this is your wifes brother ???  if its ok with her ?  just kick him to the curb and move on  :Twocents:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

dkn1997

Quote from: bull on January 23, 2012, 03:56:25 AM

If a celibate female of questionable motive had initiated suspicious relationship with Jerry prior to 2004 and convinced him to move out west...Maybe.  But your not gonna piss in Jim's ear and tell him it's raining for very long so the odds are pretty good that Jim has not hacked magnumchargers IP address and started this thread.  Based on the no balls lying about the best man scenario, this "Jerry" may be predisposed to that kind of sexless pressure. 
RECHRGED