News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Back to work!

Started by 71wrenchhead, January 22, 2012, 01:30:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

71wrenchhead

SO, deployed, got back, bought a bunch of crap, a house (with a bada$$ garage), knocked the wife up, and started working on the charger again!!!!!!!!!

pics to come tomorrow

my main reason for logging on here (other than to waste time oogling other peoples cars) was to ask
what grit sandpaper do you guys use when stripping your cars of paint and rust etc...

currently i have a 7 in rotary sander, a 5 in DA sander, and a 40 gallon sandblaster (for those hard to reach/    F*(& THIS!!!!     situations) 
ive been using 80 grit mainly, and its still been a hassle with the DA, and the rotary obliterates any body lines or anything other than flat surfaces, and the sandblaster is just too small do the whole car with

thanks in advance!

Got slapped by my wife for keeping an engine in the bedroom........yeah, pretty much sums up my life

FLG

Paint remover and a plastic putty knife  :pity:

CDN72SE

1972 Charger SE

XS29L

Thank you for your service !
MOPAR OR NO CAR !!

71charger

Better hurry up and get that car done before the kid arrives cause then on fourth all that extra money to go onto the car will go to the kid.
thank you for your service!!! :2thumbs:
I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum, but I'm all out of bubble gum.

71wrenchhead

nah, we already have one, i just hand her a sander and tell her to do work, though, according to her my car is fixed......all she used was a screwdriver     :o       :icon_smile_tongue:
Got slapped by my wife for keeping an engine in the bedroom........yeah, pretty much sums up my life

71charger

Nice! wish I could get my girl to work on my car with me... :yesnod:
I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum, but I'm all out of bubble gum.

71wrenchhead

shes only 4, but she loves it, she is apparently really good at operating a palm sander, im working on getting her used to the DA  :buff: