News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Another General Lee (nice one)

Started by SuperJim, January 20, 2012, 12:11:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TUFCAT

Dans 68

Quote from: Troy on January 25, 2012, 11:56:24 AM
:brickwall: I once thought reality had to be the same for everyone. I was wrong.

Troy

:rofl:  How long have you been doing this?   ;)

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

TUFCAT

TUFCAT

HA! Someone actually published a book about this? :smilielol:

("Kit Builders and Glue Sniffers Magazine Issue #6")

http://www.amazon.com/Builders-Sniffers-Magazine-Figure-Lovers/dp/B000IZTXYG

bakerhillpins

Troy,

We need a smiley for pissing contest.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

TUFCAT

Quote from: bakerhillpins on January 26, 2012, 05:42:16 PM
Troy,

or...a smiley face sniffing a glue bottle. :icon_smile_big:

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

MoparManJim

Quote from: TUFCAT on January 26, 2012, 06:08:22 PM
Quote from: bakerhillpins on January 26, 2012, 05:42:16 PM
Troy,

or...a smiley face sniffing a glue bottle. :icon_smile_big:

... kiss my back side if you like  :icon_smile_big:

jwramc

New photos today of the pre-production sample car- nothing different but the photographer.  :coolgleamA:

Love it or not, here's the link to several more shots:
http://public.fotki.com/DetoursDiecast/detoursdiecast/autoworld/pre-production/amm964-authentics-g/012512/

Again, it's always possible there may still be changes to the final product when released.
John

kikgas01

Wish they had a toy like this when I was a little kid.

jwramc

If you've never owned one of these 1:18 Authentics series Chargers in your hands, it's a shocker. It's like holding up a brick- a VERY heavy, almost footlong model. It makes those old Ertls feel like they are made of paper!  :cheers:
John

MoparManJim

Quote from: jwramc on January 27, 2012, 10:55:55 AM
If you've never owned one of these 1:18 Authentics series Chargers in your hands, it's a shocker. It's like holding up a brick- a VERY heavy, almost footlong model. It makes those old Ertls feel like they are made of paper!  :cheers:

With all due respect, the reason why it's heavy is it's die cast. Big chunk of die cast.. look at the fender well areas. Yes I have holded up one of these before. They are better then the ERL ones yes, But yet built the same way though "almost". The major things still isn't change to much from your stuff to the ERL stuff though. And I like the 4 floor speed consol too  ::) in the General in these. I hope that gets corrected. 

What needs work yet is:

Roll Cage thiny = Roll Cage OR Roll Bar.
Small Push Bar = Pulled up an top bar relocated (Unless top of side plates are sanded down to top bar)
Numbers = needs to be more spaced instead of cramped together.
General Lee Text = Needs to be more bigger an longer. 
Consol = Auto (not stick shift) 
Dash= all tan but for gauges (gauges needs to be black)

jwramc

Quote from: MoparManJim on January 27, 2012, 05:29:54 PMthe reason why it's heavy is it's die cast. Big chunk of die cast

No, it's heavy COMPARED to other diecasts because it is about 50% heavier due to the many added details. I'm not comparing it to plastic models.

QuoteThey are better then the ERL ones yes, But yet built the same way though "almost". The major things still isn't change to much from your stuff to the ERL stuff though.

You really must ventilate your modeling room, cuz that glue is going to kill you. Comparing an Authentics Charger to an Ertl Charger is no contest whatsoever. You suggest this toy-

is about the same as this?...

How do you expect anyone to take you seriously when you make statements like that?

QuoteWhat needs work yet is:...

Asked and answered previously.
John

MoparManJim

Quote from: jwramc on January 27, 2012, 05:53:51 PM
Quote from: MoparManJim on January 27, 2012, 05:29:54 PMthe reason why it's heavy is it's die cast. Big chunk of die cast

No, it's heavy COMPARED to other diecasts because it is about 50% heavier due to the many added details. I'm not comparing it to plastic models.

QuoteThey are better then the ERL ones yes, But yet built the same way though "almost". The major things still isn't change to much from your stuff to the ERL stuff though.

You really must ventilate your modeling room, cuz that glue is going to kill you. Comparing an Authentics Charger to an Ertl Charger is no contest whatsoever. You suggest this toy-

is about the same as this?...

How do you expect anyone to take you seriously when you make statements like that?

QuoteWhat needs work yet is:...

Asked and answered previously.

Dude, Look at your die cast, look at the other die cast General's out there, now take an pick one of them up, an then pick yours up.. I believe the weight is almost the same. Adding little details doesn't make a die cast heavier at all. It's the big bulk of die cast that does it. An also how can you say I'm not comparing plastic model cars to it, dude the stuff in side the 1/18 die cast's "are" plastic  :pity: so there for it is a plastic model on the inside  ::) . Unless all that stuff is also metal?  

I pointed out what needs more work on the die cast to get it closer to a General instead looking just like any other General Lee die cast out there.. which to me kinda does, but the things that stands out are the trim (not painted like the ERL ones are), rims, open head light doors.. these are the things that stands out to me of this die cast being different from the other die cast General Lee's out there.  But I pointed out to YOU what the main areas are though that needs work yet. This General Lee an the ERL ones so far reminds me alot of those General Lee replicas on eBay that alot of people on here talks about being incorrect due to graphic's an things which they are right about that makes the General Lee replicas looks strange an not right because people didn't watch the episodes more closely. You can either take me serious or not.. it's up to you sir, but if you want a more correct General Lee replica die cast for the folks. If you want to see what a General Lee looks like to get details more correct please visit the cglfc.com an look around in the General Lee area, an also members area at other folks replicas of the General Lee they have built. Please don't go off the eBay ad's that is on eBay. 

Also, that smart remark about my modeling room you made, very cute, very adulteress. You just showed what your color is.

MoparManJim

After looking at the photos you posted, I have a question, did you use electrical type for the vinyl on the roof? It doesn't look like a vinyl roof, I hardly seen any grain in the vinyl. looks smooth. Plus here is a tip, try some cloth pin's for the marker lights.. they would look good an more like side marker lights in a 1968 Charger then slide on decals or printed on decals. Why go trough all the detail work you have done just to skip on afew out side decals that people will see when looking at the model. Rest of the car looks good by the way  :2thumbs:  

jwramc

Quote from: MoparManJim on January 27, 2012, 08:10:18 PM
Dude, Look at your die cast, look at the other die cast General's out there, now take an pick one of them up, an then pick yours up.. I believe the weight is almost the same.

Absolutely wrong.

QuoteI pointed out what needs more work on the die cast to get it closer to a General instead looking just like any other General Lee die cast out there.. which to me kinda does, but the things that stands out are the trim (not painted like the ERL ones are), rims, open head light doors.. these are the things that stands out to me of this die cast being different from the other die cast General Lee's out there.

If that's all the difference you can find, you've never held an Authentics in your hand. You are the one person I've ever spoken with that suggested there isn't much difference. It's night and day to everyone but you. Clearly you just don't know what you're talking about, you just enjoy talking.
John

MoparManJim

Quote from: jwramc on January 27, 2012, 08:39:20 PM
Quote from: MoparManJim on January 27, 2012, 08:10:18 PM
Dude, Look at your die cast, look at the other die cast General's out there, now take an pick one of them up, an then pick yours up.. I believe the weight is almost the same.{/quote]

Absolutely wrong.

QuoteI pointed out what needs more work on the die cast to get it closer to a General instead looking just like any other General Lee die cast out there.. which to me kinda does, but the things that stands out are the trim (not painted like the ERL ones are), rims, open head light doors.. these are the things that stands out to me of this die cast being different from the other die cast General Lee's out there.

If that's all the difference you can find, you've never held an Authentics in your hand. You are the one person I've ever spoken with that suggested there isn't much difference. It's night and day to everyone but you. Clearly you just don't know what you're talking about, you just enjoy talking.

Dude, I no offence, but even though Danberry Mint gets there graphic's wrong, at least there die cats "has" alot more detail to them.. Yes I have held afew of theirs also an looked them over. They are heavy as well. I know yours is 1/18 scale also so at times here we are talking about two different scale sizes an weights, but I have held afew of the Authentic's also along with Danberry Mint stuff.. Plus afew other scale replica companys stuff as well. 

But if you want to build a correct looking scale car, "please, please do your home work on the vehicle an it's details". As myself an afew others have also pointed to you an your staff about the General Lee die cast an what needs to be worked on yet to improve it to being correct. You slam me an not the others that also told you want needed to be corrected. It appears to me you guys are not in it for the correctness but rather for the $$$ though which is a shame really. Like Mike said, if people would take an do more research on the real cars an there details to get them right the first time instead getting them wrong in detail wise. I'm sick of seeing people making these die cast's only to look like the other one that has been out for afew years an yet hardly see any change in improvement in what catches the eye. If you read back in my earlier replys, you will see what I said that catches peoples eye on the General Lee an I believe afew other people also said the same as well. What gets me is on the other forum, there was a member that had just posted a tread recently about having a Authentic General Lee that he wants to redo to get it more correct.. 

All the General Lee die cast's I have seen so far from companys, has the same interior (even stick shift), same roll wannabe cage thing. Same Push Bar out in front made the same way, decals almost the same, same placement on the doors an spaced also.. All though the roof the flags have change alittle, the engine bay's need more detailing big time. If people could improve these things it would be one heck of a improvement not to mention better looking General Lee die cast's also  :2thumbs:

The photo I just seen of yours (watch the blue bars sizes  :2thumbs:, if to big it will make the flag looks strange an not right). Your General Lee text could be a hair bigger (would look much better an correct also :2thumbs:) though.   

You all notice, I'm not taking my  replys off the die cast's? I keeping my replies mostly on the topic. All though the other side has taken an went off topic afew times at me  :lol:. I'm keeping my replies on the die cast subject.   

jwramc

There you go again, repeating the same nonsense. I don't work for the company, and have nothing to do with the new GL. Why can't you be bothered to actually read what I type? I also already explained several times why the other fixes are not possible..but you keep repeating the same complaints. Stop talking, start listening. That's all the help I can give you.
John

MoparManJim

On another forum I'm also on,

Here is a quote from a follow person that has 2 General Lee die cast's (I will keep there screen name blanked out)

QuoteI need 1/18 scale decals for my General Lees...

Postby ******* » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:59 am

Anyone have any? I have two authentic GL's and want to correct them with accurate graphics. I have paypal.

See, the decals does need improving.. I'm not the only one that said that.  :lol: 

jwramc

Quote from: MoparManJim on January 27, 2012, 09:06:39 PM

Here is a quote from a follow person that has 2 General Lee die cast's (I will keep there screen name blanked out)

Anyone have any? I have two authentic GL's and want to correct them with accurate graphics. I have paypal.

See, the decals does need improving.. I'm not the only one that said that.  :lol: 

Oh, God, how can you be this cluless??? The GL we're talking about ISN"T OUT YET!!! The car that guy is talking about is from 2005 and it's the one AW is making the 15 corrections to THIS YEAR! Holy smokes...READ!
John

MoparManJim

Quote from: jwramc on January 27, 2012, 09:06:25 PM
There you go again, repeating the same nonsense. I don't work for the company, and have nothing to do with the new GL. Why can't you be bothered to actually read what I type? I also already explained several times why the other fixes are not possible..but you keep repeating the same complaints. Stop talking, start listening. That's all the help I can give you.

I do read, I'm just sick an tired of these incorrect or accurate General Lee die cast's that company's doesn't want to correct.. all they care about is the $$$ they can make on a die cast. I have read your stuff, so if you don't work for them, then how come your posting stuff of theirs that isn't even out yet? You must have a connection some where or some how. Give me a direction an I will go to them myself.. an tell them just what I have told you  :lol: . Going off topic here for a sec.. I just told Net10 people off recently also as they tried to give me the run around, what would take you all an hour took me  10-15 minutes. Now going back on topic, If company can't fix the other stuff on the die cast, then why even bother making a new version of die cast of the car when the main stuff isn't fix  :shruggy:. Maybe the company needs to stop making the inaccurate die cast's, an start listen to people, an start making the correct or accurate die cast's. I also like to thank you for the help you have given me an for reading my reply's as well.

MoparManJim

Quote from: jwramc on January 27, 2012, 09:11:48 PM
Quote from: MoparManJim on January 27, 2012, 09:06:39 PM

Oh, God, how can you be this cluless??? The GL we're talking about ISN"T OUT YET!!! The car that guy is talking about is from 2005 and it's the one AW is making the 15 corrections to THIS YEAR! Holy smokes...READ!

I KNOW the year his is too! and I also KNOW and UNDERSTAND that AW's newer one isn't out yet EITHER. But with the recent photos that has been seen of the very new prototype one, maybe AW will see it an fix the issue. Ever think of that? You said it yourself man, the new one isn't even out yet.. so there for more correcting might be made before it does come out.. which I hope they DO.

MoparManJim

Also want to talk about me being "clueless"? At least I can get the General Lee more accurate an correct then some clueless company that has been at it for years just trying to get it correct an can't..  :smilielol:

Just 6T9 CHGR

John, dont bother anymore.

Myself & Gene (hemigeno) had our hands in making the 68-70 Charger Authentics series...they actually used Gene's '69 Hemi Charger as the main model.  It was a long process that took many emails, phone calls back and forth, pictures etc to agree on what was "right" and what was "acceptable" due to price, labor & tooling constraints.

Bottom line is you cant/wont please everyone........ :Twocents:

PS---I've used the glue comment a few times as well.... :rotz:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Just 6T9 CHGR

Few more....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T