News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

ANOTHER DAYTONA CLONE FOR SALE ,WHATS IT WORTH

Started by BigBlockSam, January 18, 2012, 08:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBlockSam

HEY

ok boys play nice this time.

this car is a real peoject . needs lots of work . but at the rite price , could be a good start for some one.

WHATS IT WORTH!  can someone please put a pic of the car on this thread . i'm working on fixing my pic posting problem.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-Dodge-Charger-Daytona-Clone-/120844514386?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item1c22e4f452#v4-42
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

moparstuart

Bet there is a nice surprise under that dynamat in the trunk 
i like the wheels
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

68X426

Seller should be embarrased.

From the ad: "my pride and joy" and "I just prop them open with vise grips inside the nose and leave them up. It wouldn't take much to make them function though".

Pride?

That's all the comment I'll make.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Charger-Bodie

The owner of that car is a Member here. From Iowa too. Its a project car. Atleast he was open about it.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

pettybird

Open for sure...a little too open to pull 20k on ebay...

18k is my guess for top bid.  Probably won't hit reserve at that.

Davtona

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on January 18, 2012, 10:18:30 PM
The owner of that car is a Member here. From Iowa too. Its a project car. Atleast he was open about it.

From Iowa huh?  :scratchchin: Interesting. Did not know that was around here. And close by to. Yes you are right a lot of telling it like it is in that ad also.

DAY CLONA

Seriously?..........I see at the most a $3000 Charger for sale, the Stinger fiberglass parts are best sold off, the rear wing is already showing signs of bowing, i just see a Charger needing a call to AMD after it's completely stripped, 383 IMHO is worthless.....again I'd be hard pressed to offer $3000 for whats there....I can't believe it at $13K :o

Nwcharger

Quote from: DAY CLONA on January 19, 2012, 12:12:05 AM
Seriously?..........I see at the most a $3000 Charger for sale, the Stinger fiberglass parts are best sold off, the rear wing is already showing signs of bowing, i just see a Charger needing a call to AMD after it's completely stripped, 383 IMHO is worthless.....again I'd be hard pressed to offer $3000 for whats there....I can't believe it at $13K :o

:iagree: makes me want to finish my clone and see what i can get for it. and mine has the vega window plug and will have a metal wing, six pack and 18 spline 4speed. :drive:  thanks DAY CLONA for the trunk hinges. they work great. :cheers:
1969 coronet wagon

pettybird

Quote from: DAY CLONA on January 19, 2012, 12:12:05 AM

3k+2k+people who are lazy+people who are dreamers=18k high bid.  that's how I do the math.

BigBlockSam

Quote$3000

Mike your way off. you can't get a 2nd gen  rusted out charger with no motor for $3000.

i see about 10 -11 k here . it's a running driving charger with upgraded brakes and wheels. at $13000 that the auction is at , i think it should be all done money wise.

pettybird

Quote from: BigBlockSam on January 19, 2012, 01:49:58 PM
Quote$3000

Mike your way off. you can't get a 2nd gen rusted out charger with no motor for $3000.

I was thinking the same thing.  We nearly bought a '69 a few years ago to fix the real Daytona, and it was 4 grand and needed a bunch of bodywork...they haven't gotten any less rare to find.

Lighthorseman

Well, everyone has to start somewhere.  It's more of a wing car than I have right now... :icon_smile_big: :D

As 69bronzeT5 said, I'd drive it exactly like that.  The interior has a cool "Mad Max" look to it.  I'm interested to see what it goes for.

6PakBee

Quote from: BigBlockSam on January 19, 2012, 01:49:58 PM
Quote$3000

Mike your way off. you can't get a 2nd gen  rusted out charger with no motor for $3000.

i see about 10 -11 k here . it's a running driving charger with upgraded brakes and wheels. at $13000 that the auction is at , i think it should be all done money wise.

Are you serious?  I have a '68 R/T automatic car, no motor/transmission but basically complete otherwise and you're telling me I could get 10K for it where you are?  Wow.  Not around here and ND is in better shape than most states.

BigBlockSam

QuoteAre you serious?  I have a '68 R/T automatic car, no motor/transmission but basically complete otherwise and you're telling me I could get 10K for it where you are?  Wow.  Not around here and ND is in better shape than most states.

i think you should read my post again . i said  10k for this daytona project. it has a rebuilt 383 motor , disc brakes and modern wheels . it's a driving car. could be used as is .

your car , without seeing it . sounds like about a 5k car . i could tell you better if i see it

pettybird

dirty, with that failing paint, the pinstripes and the wheels...I don't know why but I like the look a lot...

also, pride and joy, in two years you couldn't hunt down ANY of those interior pieces?

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on January 20, 2012, 03:38:20 PM
dirty, with that failing paint, the pinstripes and the wheels...I don't know why but I like the look a lot...

also, pride and joy, in two years you couldn't hunt down ANY of those interior pieces?
i cinda like the pin stripe also 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

BigBlockSam

i like the way it looks too. you know i like drivers and i like mad max looking cars  :slap:

terrible one

Quote from: moparstuart on January 20, 2012, 03:59:31 PM
Quote from: pettybird on January 20, 2012, 03:38:20 PM

i cinda like the pin stripe also 

I really like it, saved some pictures for inspiration for my own.  :coolgleamA:

6PakBee

Quote from: BigBlockSam on January 20, 2012, 02:23:47 PM
QuoteAre you serious?  I have a '68 R/T automatic car, no motor/transmission but basically complete otherwise and you're telling me I could get 10K for it where you are?  Wow.  Not around here and ND is in better shape than most states.

i think you should read my post again . i said  10k for this daytona project. it has a rebuilt 383 motor , disc brakes and modern wheels . it's a driving car. could be used as is .

your car , without seeing it . sounds like about a 5k car . i could tell you better if i see it

:iagree:  That is more what I thought.  And just to set the record straight, the car isn't for sale and my post was not a "stealth" for sale ad.  Sorry for the confusion and my apologies to those who PM'd me about it.

BigBlockSam

70Sbird

Just curious,
Does anyone know what kind of wheels those are?
I kinda like the look for another project I am contemplating
:scratchchin:

Scott Faulkner

rainbow4jd

ONE MILLLLLLLION DOLLARS!

I hate these threads, its worth exactly what someone will pay for it - no more, no less.   

If you have a car and state my car is worth "$10", that statement is ONLY true if someone is standing there to hand you $10.

I HOPE that my Bird WILL BE worth $150,000 or better, because I am doing the best restoration that money can buy.   However, UNTIL the moment that I am ready to sell it, IT IS WORTH ZERO!

Any car without a real offer is worth nothing.

pettybird

the wheels are Coy's C-55's.

http://www.coyswheel.com/coys-c55.html

yes, I have useless wheel knowledge in my head, too...