News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mancini water pump housing????

Started by Charger4404spd, January 18, 2012, 02:48:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger4404spd

Well went to mock up the new water pump housing along with the new alt. brackets and so forth. I temp. installed the water pump so I could see if the pulley was going to line up with the new alt. pulley I had installed. Yeah it lines up, but one small problem..... the water pump pulley drags the top of the crank pulley. So I loosened the 2 bolts I had used on the housing to see if it would raise just a bit and no go.

So whats the deal with the Mancini housings? Evidently they are just a bit off. Anyone ran into this problem????

Charger4404spd

Well have you ever had ONE of them days? :icon_smile_big:
I just had the crank pulley on very loose and it was cocked up a little :brickwall:
Back to your regularly scheduled program  :2thumbs:

charger2fast4u

i just had the same problem 2 weeks ago on my trucks 360 i had the crank pulley tight but and put on the water pump and the pulleys touched here i had to take out  the water pump bolts lift it over the larger front 2 crank grooves then it lined right up one of those days  :slap:

Highbanked Hauler

I was using  a mixture  small block, BB ,AC and non AC pulleys and I did have one combination that did hit.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser