News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

nvrbdn

Started by Fred, January 15, 2012, 02:10:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred

No offence nvrbdn ..............how do you pronounce that? mostly I'm running around calling you Merv!  :lol: :lol:
I'm wondering what it stands for? And yes I've had a few drinks which has made me bold enough to ask the question in the first place! :cheers:
Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

I was under the impression Never Beaten ?

Have some more grog Fred...  :cheers:

Whats your drink of choice anyways, I'll have whatever your having

Fred

Come on over and share my secret  :icon_smile_big:

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Fred

doctor4766

Quote from: Fred on January 15, 2012, 02:29:59 AM
Quote from: skip68 on January 15, 2012, 02:28:02 AM
never be done ?   :shruggy:

Well that's sad!! :'(
Yep I think that's it, but it how lots of us feel sometimes about our projects.
Gotta love a '69

41husk

Well Jim, What does it mean? :popcrn: :popcrn:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

nvrbdn

yep, never be done  my son wrote that in the dusty glass of the charger a couple years ago. it stuck :smilielol:

he wrote NVRBDN1  dad here is your license plate #
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

of course my son watched as i purchased this charger like 14 years ago.  i started gangbusters,and as the years went by, each task took longer. then i had to wait for money for some things.it hit the road about two years ago, but the new motor had no power and was pinging. pulled the motor back out and found the new timing chain the problem.but a chance to put the new cam and lifters i just bought in there. it was close last fall when the gas tank rubber seal was torn and leaking.ordered it on line but missed the last of the car shows because of it. so i wil hit the shows this year :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Budnicks

Quote from: nvrbdn on January 15, 2012, 12:47:28 PM
of course my son watched as i purchased this charger like 14 years ago.  i started gangbusters,and as the years went by, each task took longer. then i had to wait for money for some things.it hit the road about two years ago, but the new motor had no power and was pinging. pulled the motor back out and found the new timing chain the problem.but a chance to put the new cam and lifters i just bought in there. it was close last fall when the gas tank rubber seal was torn and leaking.ordered it on line but missed the last of the car shows because of it. so i wil hit the shows this year :2thumbs:
I put in a new fuel tank in my 68 RR the stupid freaken sender seal is leaking all ready... I can relate, been working on 2 cars the past 6 or 7 years I had to git rid of the one finished 68 RR Race car, now I have to do almost all the same stuff on my other 68 RR HT, it seems to never get done, now with very little money & now very little enthusiasm it seems... "Never Done" instead of "get r done"...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

A383Wing

my cars are "Never done"....

Bryan

nvrbdn

:smilielol: seems like an epidemic  :smilielol:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Fred

Thanks for clarifying. Now I can think of you as  neverdone instead of merv!! :2thumbs:

nvrbdn

:smilielol: no more merv  :smilielol: or jim will do :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

heck i got me a thread, ill just tell my story. :shruggy:

i was born in st.louis mo. in 1956. we moved to granite city il. when i was 2. my mother ran off from my dad and got pregnant and dad took her back. she had my sister.i was 4 then. after that, she ran away for good. never seen my mother again.my aunt would watch us kids while dad worked.dad met a wonderful person and married when i was 7 and they built a new house in a nice neighborhood. dad did everything himself. he was a talented person.through the years i had a good life. mom was a school teacher at bethalto high school. i went to roxana schools. mom made me take piano lessons (which i hated). at 55 i still play the piano to this day. thanks mom. i loved music. in jr high i played the trumpet,coronet,french horn and the trombone. fell in love for the first time. got my heart broken. made alot of friends. seen the play "jesus christ super star" for the first time. went to alot of concerts. we lived a couple miles from a place called the MRF. mississippi river festival to be exact.man it was cool. all the biggest bands played there. we would just walk there if we couldnt get a ride. 2 bucks to get in for brownsville station,the who,david crosby and grahmn nash, rare earth etc............. i seen alot of concerts at that place.also got a few habits there too.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

one thing i loved as i grew up was frog gigging. dang that is fun. we would walk creeks, find ponds, sneak onto golf courses. anything we could do to get frogs. then a place came up. it was to be a summer home neighborhood built on a 480 acre lake. close enough from our home that we could use that for skiing etc. dad decided to get a lot out there and we quit going to the river for boating fun and used the lake. this lake was awesome for frogs. by the start of high school we would go out there at dark and stay out all night getting frogs. of course in the years to come, progress would eliminate the frog population due to sea walls and what not. but it was great for several years. through high school i was considered as a parking lot hang out. there were the jocks, the nerds, the un popular, and the parking lot hangouts. i played football 1 year and got my chin split open. i played basketball 1 year and was the 6th man. the week before the opening game i jumped against the starting center and actually blocked his shot. but he came down on my foot and chipped a bone in my heel. out for the season. well it didnt take me long to realize that while the sports guys were playing the game, all the girls were in the stands. thats where i wanted to be.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

i decided also that i liked playing music and joined the high school band. i was on the trombone in the marching band and the pep band. we traveled to play at half time at colleges and stage band at grade schools. those were pretty good times.i didnt go steady in high school. i enjoyed more having a group to hang with than 2 people just being together all the time. drive ins were the thing and we spent alot of time at them. always in the back row.my dad had a ford pick up and mom had a chrysler newport. i got my license at 16 which was easy cuz my best friend bob was a year older but held back,and he would let me drive his car everywhere. so by the time i turned 16 i had been driving for a year. we hung out at this place called Jive Land in wood river il. it was a park like place in the middle of town. i could carry a boat load of people in dads pickup so i didnt mind driving it. we would hit jive land every night and cruise town hit jack in the box, life was great. well then dad says if you get a job, i will buy you a car. i was in the clouds. then he says, the car doesnt have to be your dream car, just get a car. the next day after school i went to i hop and applied for a job. dang man they hired me on the spot. i couldnt wait for dad to get home that night to tell him the news.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

he got home, and i was so excited. he goes, gotta keep the grades up. i said i would. so he has my brother take me out looking for a car. we went all over the place looking for something. nothing tickled my fancy. we searched all day saturday at every car lot east of the mississippi. that night dad says, dont worry, you will find something. well sunday morning we went to church and in pulls the most beautiful thing i have ever seen. a light blue 68 dodge charger with white vinyl top and white interior. buckets,console.383 4 bbl. i was in love. it belonged to a single guy with 2 boys. i was talking to the boys and they said it was for sale. they were moving back to florida and didnt want to take the car with them. i ran to dad. he got to their dad and cut a deal and i had my dream car. 700.00 for a 68 charger with 76000 miles on it. i was king of the hill baby. i remember one time i was going to the football game at school. i was at the corner getting ready to pull into the parking lot and as people were walking infront of me this kid says, wow dad look at that car thats what i want when i can drive. my head swelled so big i was lucky to get out of the car.lol any way i had a job and a car. i was a free man,or almost a man, and almost free. i had been studing classes like algebra,biology,geometry all by my sophmore year. taking summer school with typing and history.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

i just woke up one day and decided i didnt want to go to college. it wasnt for me. mom and dad said ok, its up to you. so i took 2 years of classes i wanted since i already had the requirements out of the way. i took woods,crafts,functional arts,welding,and pe. i aced the last 2 years. after the jr year i quit playing in the band also.i was into the drums now and rock n roll instead of jerimiah was a bullfrog. still hittin concerts like poco,wishbone ash alice cooper and grand funk railroad.well, graduation came and i hated it. i loved high school and my friends and the home life i had. i knew it would have to change. one night i was cruising with bob. we wnt to a party on a hill and a guy named mark was there. he was a year younger than us, but cool.(we were the long hairs)lol. anyway mark says lets go to town and i will get some girls to come back to the party with us. me bob david and mark jump into my charger and haul azz into town. well we drop mark off and he says come back in 15 and ill get the gals. we cruise town and head back to get him and see him holding something in his arm with his thumb in the air hitchhiking. we spin around at the taco place and go back to get mark. he jumps in and says get out of here.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

well it turns out that mark just busted the door down on the cheese shop. we pull into jack in the box and bob and david jump out. the next thing i know cops come from everywhere. they grab me and mark out of the car and throw us in the cop car. then a few minutes later they open the door and say scoot over and throw bob in. i said what you doin bob? he says well i asked the cop what was goin on (since mark hadnt told us what he had really done up to the point of us all sitting in the back of the cop car or i would have kicked him out at the time he got back in the car) the cop says none of your business son. and bob says oh yea, well what ever he did, i did too. so they arrested him also. well they tow my charger and haul us off to jail. now to make it worse, it was my birthday.sucks, turning 18 in jail. well the next day they are to take us infront of the judge. i walk in handcuffed to two other guys. bob and a guy buyin beer for minors. mark had told the cops he worked alone and we didnt do or know anything about the theft. i told the cop that night i didnt do anything, and bob told them he didnt know anything cuz he was drunk and fell asleep in the back seat of the car. well david went to my house the next day and told my parents what had happened so they were there when we walked in.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

the judge asks me guilty or not guilty, i look at my dad and he asks the judge for a moment with me alone. the judge oks it and they take me to a rear room in the court. i tell mom and dad that i am not guilty. and how it took place. dad says ok. we plead and bob says yep me too. they take me home and bail the charger out. its friday night. dad gives me some money and says go to the football game at roxana and have a good time, tomorrow we talk about your future. well i did just that. since i was in jail, my boss fired me. so i was out of a job. dad and i sit down the next day and talk about options. i decide to go air force and get away from my friends. so bo gets me a job working at a local fancy restaurant. an itilaian owns it with alot of connections (if ya know what i mean). well louie takes good care of me.im actually making good money at this place and enjoying life. then the phone rings. the air force has an opening and if i want to, i could go on to basic instead of waiting till spring. oh man that was hard. its almost christmas. ive never been away from home except for camping. but i say ok, and make the jump. bob was supposed to go with me on the buddy plan, and he backs out. dang bob. for the first time we will really be seperated. my compadre. partner in crime is stayin behind.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

well, i leave for basic. how scary. im leaving home. on the way down there they let me drink on the plane. then we have a short layover in dallas where i figure it would be a good time to hammer down a couple more. then we get to san antonio tx and the air base. basic training. all of a sudden people start yelling at me. hey im half blitzed and tired from traveling all day. and you want to yell. some guy is yelling "get your hands out of your pockets" lookin right at me. then after a while we are on the march. now its midnight and we are tired and we are marching to a dorm. at this time they decide to teach us how to put our luggage down at the same time. one thump. i thought we would never get it. finally we go to the room. a bunch of unmade beds in a dorm room. this is our new home. here i got a hair cut learned how to fold underwear,make a bed. shave if you need to or not. we did it all and learned how to march. well we were lucky. our flight made honor flight our first time up for it. we got a special flag and got to be first in line for chow. when going anywhere the other flights had to move if we came by. that was cool. well i graduated basic and on to tech school.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

i pulled chanute air base in illinois for tech school. got home and had truobles with the charger. ok guys now will be the time to scream at me. i took the charger to a car lot and traded it for a pinto. damn that was hard to say, but it was true. i went to tech school and got with a few musicians.we had fun playin music. well we found a place to play on base. it was the religious building and in the evening was pretty vacant. after we played for a couple weeks there we started packing the people in to watch. it got so packed they booted us out. on base everyone can drink. they sold beer out of soda machines. chow halls you could go to almost any time you wanted. it was great and school only lasted 3 1/2 hours a day. while i was there the U of I  (illinois) was right there so we would go to the college bars and meet chicks. also went to jethro tull concert there. that was awesome. well all good things come to an end, and it was time for my orders to california. george air force base, mojave desert. that was wild.i loved the desert. i would go to silverwood lake, big bear mountain, san berdo to cruise. it was awesome. i learned about c b radios there too. no one had phones. we all had c b radios. and van clubs.mini truck clubs. 1975 was the year and i was young. had the world open to me and i was havin fun.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

i was an egress tech in the airforce. that is pulling ejection seats for those who dont know. it was a good job. we would sit in the shop and play poker till a job came up. it could be dangerous also. well one night we were working 12 hour shifts for the last 2 weeks and this was to be the last one. it was about 4 in the morning and a job came in. well me and 2 others jumped up and said we would do it. we hopped into the truck and went out to pull the seat on a 105 jet. one on each side and one straddles the nose of the jet. the guys with me were unhooking everything while i straddled the nose. these seats are heavy and you have to sit down to lift them. they slide on rails till you clear the top. well this seat wasnt wanting to come out.i lifted it and it just stoped. the guys were trying to see what was holding it from sliding. the seats are full of explosives which propel the seat out of the craft. after a couple minutes i say get back boys im droping this one (incase the explosives go off) and i let go. well i guess trying to hold that seat up for so long, after i let go the blood mustv'e rushed to my head cuz i pass out and back flip off the jet. yep, 18 1/2 feet to the asphalt. i land on my head and my left shoulder. i was out cold
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

as im laying there my sgt comes out and moves my arm from behind my head. (these have all been told to me cuz i have no memory of from here till i wake up in an ambulance headed down the hill to san bernadino) i open my eyes and look at my sgt and he asks if i know what happened. i say no. then someone says look at the blood and i go back out. i wake up in the base hospital with one of my buddies there. they tell him i wont make it too long cuz im really messed up. they are trying to talk to me but say that i made no sense at all. well after a few minutes they decide that if i have a chance to make it i need to be in san berdo. so they pack me up and put me in an ambulance headed down the hill.i call it the hill, but on cajone pass you drop 1000 ft elevation. thats a hill.anyway they put me in a room and drain fluids from the head and put some kind of thing on my skull to put it back together. it was cracked into 4 pieces. i was paralized from the chest down. they would wake me up and stick needles in my feet and ask if i could feel it. id say no and they would knock me back out. after a few days, they woke me up and put me in traction. all of a sudden i could feel again. that was a good feeling. now at this time, i had been in the hospital for a while. my parents still didnt know.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House