News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What is the most "overstated" Charger you have looked at?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, January 14, 2012, 01:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Here's my story:  :o

QuoteI looked at a 1969 R/T this past winter (T7, black int./top) with a bad Dukes Orange repaint.

Owner was full of $h!^ with respect to the description. Asking $23,500, I figured the car was solid overall however, when I went to look at it, every body panel had rust through, somewhere.
The rear deck (panel between trunk and window) had a 1/4" of filler, chipping away. Floors had patches, rockers rotting, front fenders sculpted, trunk was gone on the side (could see pavement) and while the eng. was #s matching, the trans was not. Ohhh, and the owner forgot to say it did not run and the brakes were disassembled.  A rebuilt Dukes car that had been jumped, probably had less bondo...

I walked away at $16k, knowing the car would need $15k-$20k worth of work. Better to find a solid car to begin with...

Funny thing about the time spent looking at the car... He had some scrawny dude "drop by", who looked like he wanted to roll my friend and I. However, we're both 6 ft tall and large framed. He left as quickly as he arrived - still not sure why he dropped in... Anyways, the guy's house was a dump! Not even the front door of the house was right. It was a rotten old shack and the Charger was the only money thing guy would ever see  :scratchchin:

Guy kept emailing me to the point I said I'd offer him $9,500. He then said $14k was it, come and get it... I passed... Again, this car needed lots of work and with the questionable integrity displayed by the seller, I could not take him at his word
::)

68X426

You win - that is grossly overstated. Ought to be a crime.

See what drugs do to your mind?  :rotz:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Dino

Any frame off restoration.

Any car at a dealership.

'Rare' cars because of certain options or combos.  ie: yeah the charger is one of only 15 with that color combo.  Hmmm brown car with blue interior?  I wonder why they didn't go all out on these, ok I'll give you 200 grand!

One a more serious note, I've seen a lot of very good looking r/t's that were not so nice from up close or ended up needing a lot of work.  I would never buy a restored car because I need to know what's under the paint.  I'd rather do a car from scratch and know what I have.  Of course this is all easier said than done.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Cooter

Overstated? That would be anything with R/T badges and Hemi engine. Especially, if it has one dem huge wings on the back.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

kikgas01

1969 Dodge Charger R/T

Dream Charger: 1969 Dodge Charger R/T 426 HEMI

1974dodgecharger

OMG, thats sad.

I have a pet peeve with the fast and furious guys out there.  I saw too many ads where it will say "THIS IS JUST LIKE FAST AND FURIOUS WITH 900HP OF DETROIT MUSCLE' this charger can be the same as in the movie and pop 'WHEELIES'  ::) ::) thats when I stopped looking for a 68 to 70 charger when that damn movie came out in 01 was it and settled for a 3rd gen.

Quote from: 1969 Dodge Charger R/T on January 17, 2012, 02:58:22 PM
Before:

After:

:cryin: :cryin: :cryin:

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: 68X426 on January 16, 2012, 11:13:47 AM
You win - that is grossly overstated. Ought to be a crime.

See what drugs do to your mind?  :rotz:

Guy was a lunatic!

He also emailed me to ask if I took his keys and title/broadcast sheet.  ::)

What a douche. No, I didn't, but maybe he shoudn;t have left them in the car :o I am sure he upset others more than the time I wasted on this fool. They probably took those items, not me  :slap:

UH60L

About  a week after I paid $7100.00 on Ebay for my '69 charger and drove it hoem from Salt Lake City to Salem Oregon with a running 440 and working 727 tranny.....there was a, and I quote:

"numbers matching '68 Dodge Charger R/T" on ebay with a current bid of $10,000.00.

It was a rusting hulk, sitting in berry briars, no hood, no trunk lid, no engine, no tranny, no front grill, no interior (as in not a single panel or seat, no glass, four rotted flat tires, and if I remember correctly it was missing a door as well.

I don't know exactly what number was matching with what, but I just could not believe it. 

The one good thing about it, it helped me convince my wife I had not over-paid when I bought mine.   :-)

1974dodgecharger

thats a good deal in running condition wish I found that one.
Quote from: UH60L on January 18, 2012, 09:54:31 PM
About  a week after I paid $7100.00 on Ebay for my '69 charger and drove it hoem from Salt Lake City to Salem Oregon with a running 440 and working 727 tranny.....there was a, and I quote:

"numbers matching '68 Dodge Charger R/T" on ebay with a current bid of $10,000.00.

It was a rusting hulk, sitting in berry briars, no hood, no trunk lid, no engine, no tranny, no front grill, no interior (as in not a single panel or seat, no glass, four rotted flat tires, and if I remember correctly it was missing a door as well.

I don't know exactly what number was matching with what, but I just could not believe it. 

The one good thing about it, it helped me convince my wife I had not over-paid when I bought mine.   :-)