News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Any third gen sunroof owners here? Really need pic of..

Started by ramairthree, January 07, 2012, 05:27:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramairthree

your headliner.

I got one from Legendary, there is only about 9 inches between the two bows,
in my cars, the bow mount holes are more like 13 inches apart and
that is not something fun to find out in the middle of an install.

If anyone has a pic of their 73/4 sunroof, especially if you can measure between the bow seams, it would help a lot.

Thank you.

ramairthree

more details

I got a new one made from LAI.
Great service, fast, good price, and high quality.  This is not a slam on them.

I did a test fit, for a dry run before final installation.
There is no where near enough stretch between the two bow seams.  I am using the original, undisturbed bow order and location after just pulling the dry rotted headliner off of them.

I did put insulation above the bows, and also left the original rear tensioners in place after scrapping off the dust remnants of the original padding.

I THINK Legendary must have used the two bow measurement from the regular non-sunroof headliner. And to be honest, they were the only people that I saw that even listed a third gen B body sun roof headliner.

These bow holes cannot be used for a sun roof (the sun roof pan comes too low, that is why there are lower sun roof bow mount holes.

Now, with the original bows and their location

Before I contact legendary, I would love to double check with any other RR or Charger or Satty 73/74 sunroof owners.

A picture of your headliner, with a measurement between the seams would be of great help to me.

Thank you for any help.  I know there is stretch in a head liner installation, but two or three inches out of nine or ten inches of material is way more than I can get.

billrabe

Did you end up figuring this out? I have a 73 Charger with power sunroof that was missing the headliner when I got it. I just received the headliner from Legendary through Dante's Mopar and it looks similar to yours. I don't have the original bows so I don't know how far apart the bows are supposed to be.

ramairthree

Nope, LAI does not have the patterns to do it.

Option is to have a local place custom install.