News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Please help me identify these items.

Started by Dino, January 02, 2012, 10:43:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

This was in one of the boxes that came with my Charger, I know the green thing must be from the interior but don't know where.  Not sure about the rest of them.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

jaak

#1 ????
#2 looks sort of like an A/C bracket thats bent
#3 looks like where the rear harness connects to dash harness
#4,5,9,12,14 looks like parts of kickdown linkage, although it looks different from the linkage on my 440
#6 ????
#7 Trans lever
#8 rear axle 'u' bolt
#10 ????
#11 broken part of seat belt clip
#13 ????

Jason

greymag

4,5,7,9,10,12,13,14 are throttle/trans kickdown linkage
1 appears to be part of heater water valve mount bracket
8 is axle u-bolt
2 might be a bumper brace or ac bracket
7 is a wire loom holder
6 looks like part of console lock/latch

Dino

Thank you guys for the clarification.  The car used to have a 318/904 but now has a 440/727 which probably explains the extra parts.  I'll hang onto these until I'm sure I need them or not.

elacruze

9 and maybe 12 look like door lock rods.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

Cooter

9 and 12 look like they might be a litle bigger than door lock rods. Like maybe someone took the kickdown linkage apart and one looks to be the shifter rod to trans.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

bill440rt

9 & 12 are definitely part of the kickdown linkage.

As far as I can tell:

1. ?  :-\   Stumped on this one.
2. A/C compressor bracket
3. Section of headlight wiring harness
4. Throttle cable bracket
5. Kickdown linkage bracket
6. ?  :-\
7. Trans selector lever
8. Rear axle U-bolt
9. Kickdown lever rod
10. ?  :-\
11. Broken part of rear seat belt retainer clip
12. Kickdown lever to carb
13. Kickdown linkage pivot
14. Kickdown linkage to carb (note slotted hole)

So... what do I win??  ;)
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

bakerhillpins

Yea, what they said but a few hours too late.  ;D

On the plus side I feel somewhat accomplished that I actually knew what several of those parts were. Do you need that AC bracket? I am missing one of the 2 and I think that may be the one.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

GreenMachine

As far as the kickdown linkage parts, you have parts from both a 2 piece and a 3 piece set-up and they won't interchange.

4, 10, 13, & 14 are from a 2 piece set-up

5, 9, & 12 are from a 3 piece set-up

When I say 2 piece and 3 piece, I mean there are that many rods that move. On the 2 piece there is a long (maybe 2 feet) rod that goes straight from the intake bracket to the trans lever. These weren't used on 2nd Gens.

3 piece has 3 rods with 2 bellcranks. One bellcrank at the back of the intake and one on the lower front of the trans.
If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

Dino

Thank you all for the help! 

Bakerhillpins I have no clue if I need that bracket or not, my compressor is on but my condensor and dryer are not so I'm not sure where it would go.  If I don't need it it's yours.

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Dino on January 03, 2012, 12:47:29 PM
Thank you all for the help! 

Bakerhillpins I have no clue if I need that bracket or not, my compressor is on but my condensor and dryer are not so I'm not sure where it would go.  If I don't need it it's yours.

If your compressor is mounted then it should be a spare. It's a big block specific part, which I believe you have in your 69. I need to look later this week but I believe I have the small one already.

96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein

Dino

Yeah I have the big block setup.  The car isn't close to me so I can't check to see if the bracket is there.  I have a few pics on the pc and I can see the shorter one but not the longer one.  Doesn't mean it's not there but right now I can't tell.  I'll find out though.  If it's there I'll send you the bracket, if it's not then I do need it but since I will be going to the mopar swap meet on 1/29 in Michigan I'm sure I can find you one there.

tan top

i recognise number 6  , well  i think i do , but cant remember where   :think:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

ODZKing

#4,5,9,10,12,13,14 looks like parts of kickdown linkage.  Look like the ones off my 73 400.
And #7. Trans selector lever

bill440rt

Looks like 1 & 6 are the elusive ones.  :scratchchin:

Dino, it looks like there are some numbers or writing stamped into #6. What are they??
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Dino

You know, I'm the first to admit I'm not perfect.  Well technically my wife is the first to admit I'm not perfect  but in any case, I should really stop assuming things.  It's not because it was n a box that came with a car that it actually belongs to the car...

The writing on part #6 says PAT NO 3967845.  A quick google told me it is a metal reinforcing plate that goes under a striker plate in a WOODEN DOOR!   :smilielol:

Alright, you can tell me, I'm an idiot.   :icon_smile_big:

Regarding item #1, let's all assume it's part of a toilet mechanism and call it a day.   :rofl:

MoparManJim

Quote from: Dino on January 04, 2012, 08:45:28 PM
You know, I'm the first to admit I'm not perfect.  Well technically my wife is the first to admit I'm not perfect  but in any case, I should really stop assuming things.  It's not because it was n a box that came with a car that it actually belongs to the car...

The writing on part #6 says PAT NO 3967845.  A quick google told me it is a metal reinforcing plate that goes under a striker plate in a WOODEN DOOR!   :smilielol:

Regarding item #1, let's all assume it's part of a toilet mechanism and call it a day.   :rofl:

After looking at your photo, I was going to say it looks like reinforcement plate under a striker plate. Okay, so tell me, where is the wooden door at in the charger?  :smilielol:

roadrunner440

im still looking 4 kick down linkage 4 73 rr if ur not using it ill buy it from u i also neet shif rod also but who know it=f any one has 1 ive been trying to locate these parts with no luck

bakerhillpins

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:   Wooden door parts... that is priceless.
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

roadrunner440

last time i checked cars didnt have wooden doors unless some in a coach n buggy did but i dont think tyey were made by mopar rofl :Twocents: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

bill440rt

That's awesome, Dino!!    :rofl: :rofl:
My car came with a bucket of misc crap I knew weren't Charger parts, either.

Maybe this guy might need it??   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Dino

Hey that part must've come off that car, it was in a car box afterall!   :icon_smile_big:

Sometimes I surprise even myself with my idiot ways.   :smilielol:

roadrunner440 if I don't need this stuff for my thermoquad swap then I'll send you a pm but let me find out first if these are parts I need for it or not.

tan top

You know, I'm the first to admit I'm not perfect.  Well technically my wife is the first to admit I'm not perfect  but in any case, I should really stop assuming things.  It's not because it was n a box that came with a car that it actually belongs to the car...

The writing on part #6 says PAT NO 3967845.  A quick google told me it is a metal reinforcing plate that goes under a striker plate in a WOODEN DOOR!   :smilielol:

Alright, you can tell me, I'm an idiot.   :icon_smile_big:

Regarding item #1, let's all assume it's part of a toilet mechanism and call it a day.   :rofl:

:lol:    :o  good bit of detective work :yesnod: :2thumbs: :bow: , knew i had seen something like that somewhere , but just could not place  where  :scratchchin:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Dino on January 04, 2012, 07:45:28 AM
Yeah I have the big block setup.  The car isn't close to me so I can't check to see if the bracket is there.  I have a few pics on the pc and I can see the shorter one but not the longer one.  Doesn't mean it's not there but right now I can't tell.  I'll find out though.  If it's there I'll send you the bracket, if it's not then I do need it but since I will be going to the mopar swap meet on 1/29 in Michigan I'm sure I can find you one there.

Just took a look at my AC parts and I need the longer of the 2 tubular compressor bracket which seems to be what you have as #2. In the pics I linked to it is the bracket that is on the right side of the compressor and runs across the top of the valve cover. If you don't end up needing it get in touch and we can work something out.  :2thumbs:

Thanks!
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

Dino

Quote from: bakerhillpins on January 05, 2012, 12:45:20 PM
Just took a look at my AC parts and I need the longer of the 2 tubular compressor bracket which seems to be what you have as #2. In the pics I linked to it is the bracket that is on the right side of the compressor and runs across the top of the valve cover. If you don't end up needing it get in touch and we can work something out.  :2thumbs:

Thanks!

If I don't need it you're welcome to it, but it does seem a bit more curved than the one in your pic.  Maybe that's why it's in a box.  If that's the case I'm sure I can straighten it out a bit more though.