News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Check out my '70 Road runner resto pics

Started by Big Lebowski, January 22, 2006, 04:11:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dadstoy66

Nice looking ride. I got in way behind on this one it took 40 minutes just to get here. I love the color combo excellent choice. Here was my last 70 B-body FK5. Congrats on the project you did a top notch job. :cheers:

G-man

Quote from: Big Lebowski on May 13, 2008, 02:14:12 PM
Quote from: G-man on May 10, 2008, 08:05:29 PM
Very nice RoadRunner.

That 512HP 440-six pack... is that stroked any bigger or thats the power u get from 440ci (which is a little over 100hp more than standard)?

Here's the engine specs G-man.
  It's a 0.20 over 4.360 bore 440, 3.750 stroke, not stroked, steel crank, mech. solid camshaft(Lift) in. .495 exh. .518 (Duration) in. 301* exh. 305*, True roller timing set, Ross 10-1 pistons, 88cc heads, H beam rods, Int. balance. roller rockers, double molly rings, etc.

The 440 was on the Dyno, 512 HP @ 5500 RPM W/ 489 lbs. of torque. Thats with a single-plane intake & a 850 cfm carb. So I'm thinking that the 6-pack with its 1350 cfm will make even more HP than it did with the 850 cfm carb on the Dyno.   

I'm basically giving out this engine info because this '70 Roadrunner is an every nut & bolt rotisserie restored car, and it's the straightest rust free Roadrunner around. And of course it will be for sale someday.

My resto partner & I are looking for the cars next owner. Who wants to buy the most rust free Roadrunner on the planet.

Thanks mate, It looks sweeeeeeeeeeet.

Was there any reason why you didnt go to the 512ci (which shuld make power lower in the rpm?)

Big Lebowski

Quote from: G-man on May 14, 2008, 06:20:04 PM
Quote from: Big Lebowski on May 13, 2008, 02:14:12 PM
Quote from: G-man on May 10, 2008, 08:05:29 PM
Very nice RoadRunner.

That 512HP 440-six pack... is that stroked any bigger or thats the power u get from 440ci (which is a little over 100hp more than standard)?

Here's the engine specs G-man.
  It's a 0.20 over 4.360 bore 440, 3.750 stroke, not stroked, steel crank, mech. solid camshaft(Lift) in. .495 exh. .518 (Duration) in. 301* exh. 305*, True roller timing set, Ross 10-1 pistons, 88cc heads, H beam rods, Int. balance. roller rockers, double molly rings, etc.

The 440 was on the Dyno, 512 HP @ 5500 RPM W/ 489 lbs. of torque. Thats with a single-plane intake & a 850 cfm carb. So I'm thinking that the 6-pack with its 1350 cfm will make even more HP than it did with the 850 cfm carb on the Dyno.   

I'm basically giving out this engine info because this '70 Roadrunner is an every nut & bolt rotisserie restored car, and it's the straightest rust free Roadrunner around. And of course it will be for sale someday.

My resto partner & I are looking for the cars next owner. Who wants to buy the most rust free Roadrunner on the planet.

Thanks mate, It looks sweeeeeeeeeeet.

Was there any reason why you didnt go to the 512ci (which shuld make power lower in the rpm?)

Well actually, we bought the 440 off ebay already assembled & dynoed. We had to drive 200 miles to get it all. Basically it was package deal w/ a drum to drum 8 3/4 w/355's and 2 '70 dart doors, etc.
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Big Lebowski

Here's some of our latest progress pics...First some very fine rust free front bumper brackets...
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Big Lebowski

Here's the headlight brackets...

Big Lebowski

The driveshaft is all cleaned up, ready to go to Driveline for a re-balance & 2 new U joints :2thumbs:

Big Lebowski

Here's the bench seat front & back, just waiting for a spring repair & some new Legendary covers.

Big Lebowski

The next round of pics I'll have to get from my buddies camera, there's boring stuff like window cranks, regulators, weatherstripping, etc. :popcrn:

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

The Kid

Charger-Bodie

Very nice prep on them parts!! nice when you see someone who cares and has the patience to get there  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Also, Love you're paint booth!!  :D
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

firefighter3931

Sweet looking Bird BigL....fantastic work !  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Big Lebowski

Here's some more of the Roadrunner's progress pics. First the marker lights...:popcrn:

Big Lebowski

And the side scoops... :popcrn:

Big Lebowski

The back bumper brackets all shined up, ready for a coat of primer & the new chrome bumper... :popcrn:

Big Lebowski

The fender tag is back on. It's kinda strange, it seems different from other tags that I've seen? The options are a basic 383 4-speed Roadrunner. :popcrn:

Big Lebowski

Last pic for now, more tomorrow... :popcrn:

aone415

Looking great!  That blue is soooooooooooo deeeeeep :2thumbs:

This Charger right here is a one of none, that means none before it, none to come.

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

1969chargerrtse

Looking good, would love to see a whole shot of the car?
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Big Lebowski

Here's the trunk seal, gotta keep water out of the trunk. :D

Big Lebowski

The install of the new 3/8" fuel line & the 1/4" return line. :popcrn:

Big Lebowski

We bought all new brakes lines & emergency cables, here's the new rear axle brake lines. :popcrn:

472 R/T SE

Quote from: Big Lebowski on June 14, 2008, 11:36:35 PM
  The fender tag is back on. It's kinda strange, it seems different from other tags that I've seen? The options are a basic 383 4-speed Roadrunner. :popcrn:

Are you talking about the font?  LA is the only plant that used both style fonts'.  I questioned mine in my LA built Chally and Barry plumbed me up.  :2thumbs:

Big Lebowski

Ya the lettering looks smaller than the other factory tags. :yesnod: