News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Check out my '70 Road runner resto pics

Started by Big Lebowski, January 22, 2006, 04:11:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Lebowski

Now for the radiator support. We widened the 22" support to the 26" size. This was fun...The first pic shows how much comes off of the pass. side, about 2 3/4". The drivers side only loses about 5/8"....
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Big Lebowski

A few more radiator support pics...
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Big Lebowski

Pass. side rad. support almost finished... :icon_smile_cool:

Big Lebowski

It's good to have another '70 B body around for the 26" radiator measurements. Good luck reading my scribbled numbers...

Big Lebowski

And waa-la, a 26" Radiator :D...

Big Lebowski

That's all for this week, maybe more tommorow. This is a fun way to run up my post count :D The hard way.  :yesnod:

PocketThunder

Damn Dude, i've never seen a radiator support widened before.  that was cool. :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Back N Black

Excellent work, I Think 70 was the best year Roadrunner.

Big Lebowski

Ok it's update time. I've got some cool news, the metal shop part is done & the Roadrunner is at a high end musclecar paint shop. This place has some sweet cars getting painted...'70 Coronet R/T conv., '69 Roadrunner, lots of fastback Mustangs, Camaros, you name it.

So here's the last pics of the metal shop finishing the qtrs...

Big Lebowski

This Roadrunner is officially rust free. The very fine Satellite doors and fenders had their trim holes welded up...

Big Lebowski

A few more of the trim holes...

Big Lebowski

And last but not least, the dash frame was treated to a few coats of flat B-7 blue. The car is B-5 blue, but the dash/steering column are B-7.

Big Lebowski

A few more dash pics...

Big Lebowski

That's it for that shop, now it's at good paint shop. This Roadrunner is clean enough to be a Hemi clone now, with the torque boxes, skid plate, rear frame plate, and all. But it already has a dyno-shopped 512 HP 440-6 engine ready to go onto a new 18-spline, so that's hopefully next. This is getting $$$, I might have to sell my real Six-pack Charger to pay for this. :scratchchin:

Big Lebowski

Last two pics of the widened radiator support all finished, from 22" to 26". Instead of buying a 26" rad. support, we wanted to keep all of the Roadrunners #'s on the body.

charge-it

Quote from: NorwayCharger on January 22, 2006, 07:59:24 AM
Hey, nice project you have there.
70RR are one of my favorites ;)
Can enyone here tell me who sells the inner fender rubber patch that fills the two opening i have drawn on this pic?
what partnr.?
I do.
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

Big Lebowski

The guys at So. Cal. Body & paint are quick, the cars in epoxy primer, next week they're doing some body work. Cool.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Big Lebowski

Woo hoo, I know, it's about time. We finally got the Road runner back from the paint shop. The Road runner is now in rotisseried & "beyond rust free condition" with a fresh coat of B-5 blue. Here's some pics of the 383 4 speed, soon to be 440-6 clone...

69bronzeT5

Looks amazing man! If you dont mind me asking, how long was it in the body shop for and how much did it cost? (Just trying to get some ideas of prices for when my 69 gets done) ;)
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Big Lebowski

A couple more pics... :popcrn:

Big Lebowski

A few more pics... :popcrn:

Big Lebowski

The inside pics... :popcrn:

Big Lebowski

Big Lebowski

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on September 16, 2007, 03:29:34 PM
Looks amazing man! If you dont mind me asking, how long was it in the body shop for and how much did it cost? (Just trying to get some ideas of prices for when my 69 gets done) ;)

It was about $17k in metal work, bondo work, & paint, and another $2-3k for body parts, new qtrs., a set of perfect fenders, perfect doors off a Satellite, etc. That doesn't include any $$$ labor for me & my resto partner in cleaning and painting the bottom of the car back on pg.2-3. With a $3k 512 HP 440-6 & a new $2k 18 spline tranny, etc...You dont really want to know the $$$ cost. A gallon of frickken B-5 paint costs $400!!! Ouch, it's boo koo bucks because it's got pearl in it. :popcrn: