News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hydraulic valve Lifters

Started by 71green go, December 31, 2011, 04:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Budnicks

Quote from: FLG on January 09, 2012, 03:30:36 AM
I dont like the sound of adjustable push rods or shimming rocker shafts. Buy a checking pushrod.measure and then buy your rods.
It's been done for 40-50 years... I prefer the adj. rockers & proper length push rods also, but sometime you got to, what you got to do....
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

elacruze

Quote from: Budnicks on January 09, 2012, 04:50:18 PM
Quote from: FLG on January 09, 2012, 03:30:36 AM
I dont like the sound of adjustable push rods or shimming rocker shafts. Buy a checking pushrod.measure and then buy your rods.
It's been done for 40-50 years... I prefer the adj. rockers & proper length push rods also, but sometime you got to, what you got to do....

I looked back at the cam, and FWIW I would see if it was good with the stock stuff, and second choice (considering mostly $$) would be adjustable pushrods. We used them in Harley-Davidsons for years, with 190# springs and roller cams, never folded one. Their only downside is that they're heavier, but with your setup you aren't revving to 7000rpm.

When money was no object, I went with Hughes rockers and Smith bros. pushrods, over L-M ceramic lifters.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.