News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Orig., resto-mod, pro-tour, rotisserie, what's the perfect Charger in your book?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, December 31, 2011, 12:04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orig., resto-mod, pro-tour, rotisserie, what's the perfect Charger in your book?

Original
21 (16%)
Resto-Mod
65 (49.6%)
Pro-Tourer
27 (20.6%)
Rotisserie Resto
14 (10.7%)
Jumped Like a General
4 (3.1%)

Total Members Voted: 131

Cooter

Quote from: Brass on January 07, 2012, 03:04:41 PM
I happen to (mostly) agree with you (pro-touring) guys and can understand how constant criticism of anything non-stock could wear really, really thin. Amen. You would NOT believe how well this holds true on the General Lee thing. But, that's life when you go down that road I guess and you have to have a thick skin. Especially considering the time, research, effort, money put into your cars, and their proof-positive performance.  But I also think you're pounding the table.  As for me, right now I'm enjoying what I have and plan to mod my car in the future - which may include larger rims.  That being said, I like wide 15" wheels too for that tough, street bruiser look.  I know it's not going to handle as well as larger rims but if the car isn't primarily a track car – so what?  There's also room in the world for factory-correct restorations and unmolested survivors that should remain unmolested. Again Amen. This is all we are trying to say. If you tend to like the larger rims, and are "ok" with people constantly telling you you "Ruined" the car with them, then by all means do what you like. It's the keyboard cowboys that kill me. 1000 posts since 2005 and here comes some upstart that wants to take out aggression over his big wheels on here. I have nothing against anybody wanting better handling from their car, but if the "Pro Touring" thing is gonna turn into the "General Lee" thing, then we are doomed.

No, to the comment above mentioning the Emergency room, While I could bring up some Hard, pipe hittin' boyz, it doesn't serve any real pupose. I mean, when Myself and the boys are standing there about to go to jail, is that gonna change a person's mind about something he obviously is trying to defend? No, all it means is we are in jail he is still crusing big wheels and we haven't accomplished sh*t. Been going to Carlisle for over 15 years and refuse to let this keyboard cowboy ruin my vacation.
We are all in this thing for the same reason. Some want to make it about themselves. it's about the cars gentlemen. The cars. Be it big wheels or smaller wheels, they are still Mopars. I wonder if the Brand X guys are fighting over who does what with their cars?
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

nvrbdn

first off i want you to know that i put your handle up because people had posted between us and i wanted to make sure they didnt think i was talking to them so i had to modify the response. no disrespect intended there. sorry if you took it that way. second is this thread asks for opinions by the way it is asking what you prefer. that will spur discussion of what people like and dislike. if you post a pic, or state your prefrence in that thread,it is up for discussion. if i state in that discussion that i dont prefer the wheel choice, and you state that you dont prefer stock, then that means we both have a choice of preference.it has nothing to do with us people and you people. if you want me to understand that new technology is better than 70's original parts,you wont get an argument from me. so thats done. im not original stock in my build. dont preach all original. but am catagorized because of a wheel choice. and for my vote, i voted resto mod. to me that means restoring the car with non original (or custom) modifications. which at most car shows takes you out of the stock category. i come here to BS with mopar lovin guys and gals. not to argue. i will just agree to disagree on certain subjects and call it that. if we meet, i will buy ya a beer, tell you thats a nice car, and change the subject to football.  :cheers:(unless your a cowboy fan,then it starts all over) :smilielol:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

and to add a note to the conversation, if you reread the thread, you made a comment about the first person that had a comment {not directed at you) about the size of wheels they prefer, then called all people on here with 15" wheels pussies. so you wern't defending yourself in an attack about your car. you were just stating how you feel about mopar guys that like the stock look.oh well, guess we need to put tire size with politic's and religion like previously stated. it gets people angry.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

dkn1997

the wheels have officially come off the wagon (pun intended) having been around these message boards for a long time, it's clear that the stock/15" wheel crowd is far harsher in general toward the big wheel guys.  It's gone both ways here, but overall, if you run big wheels on your mopar you catch a lot of nonsense for it.  for you stock guys who got insulted in this thread, well, it isn't coming out of thin air.  There are reasons behind it.  I'm not saying all the bashing is ok, but I doubt anyone woke up a few days ago and just decided to take a few pot shots at you.  Building a modified car is just as much work as a stock resto and more often than not, it gets shit on by the purists.  How anyone could come up to pete's car at a cruise and say he ruined it is beyond me.  But that is the kind of horse poo that goes on.  So take what's said in this thread with a grain of salt. 

Mike...don't even joke about the LS7.  Just do it! I am dead serious.  O/D trannies bolt right up, tons of aftermarket support.... In the end, your are probably modifying about the same amount of stuff as  you would with a gen3 hemi.  you could drag an LS motor out of an escalade, fall over it backwards and blindfolded and make 500 hp lol. 

RECHRGED

autodynamics

Understood completely
I am very passionate about my build and the message it sends.
And when I hear " I don't like it because of bicycle size tires just sends a message to me that is offensive
I particularly don't think 18" wheels are big on a muscle car when my overall tire diameter is 26/27"
I am not a huge fan of oversized or hot wheel looking wheels
I deal with practicality and never make a vehicle too timid to be driven over speed bumps etc

So I think you guys have me misunderstood from the beginning thinking the biggest wheels works
For me the entire package has to work
Ask me if I like 15" wheels (with dog dish hubcaps) and a wide tire tucked under the quarters I will say awesome but the stance and wheels go hand in hand most of which either get one or the other but mostly never both
So I have no problem with people's rides
I don't like when I'm feel attacked because I have a fuel injected motor in a 40+ year old car
From the begging of dc.com I was frowned upon for doing the " pro touring"
Look however I don't like the term pro touring I have just expressed in my ride a modern day version of an old car
In my case I have stayed close to the original not trying to over do
Anything and take away from the beautiful lines on the car
I have just refined what I thought needed tweaking
But after I post pics and get negetive comments about it just pisses me off
As dkn1997 my anger isn't coming out of left field it's directed to those who have frowned upon my build
Mike me Marty all felt the same tension on here
So may be this thread made me express what I felt maybe too aggressive stating all 15" wheels are pussies but I have been tired of the attacks
I know there are plenty people here who felt the  narrow minded board members who have more than once expresses distain for anything other than stock looking charger or mopars
The other thread shows how much pro touring or resto mods are alive in the mopar world
Maybe something good came out of it
Heavy fuel came right at me though and I'm not backing down from him either

Gentlemen

Charger-Bodie

And with that said I think now is a good time to lock this thread while most members have calmed down. Come on guys We ALL love Chargers or we would not be here.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............