News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Orig., resto-mod, pro-tour, rotisserie, what's the perfect Charger in your book?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, December 31, 2011, 12:04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orig., resto-mod, pro-tour, rotisserie, what's the perfect Charger in your book?

Original
21 (16%)
Resto-Mod
65 (49.6%)
Pro-Tourer
27 (20.6%)
Rotisserie Resto
14 (10.7%)
Jumped Like a General
4 (3.1%)

Total Members Voted: 131

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

With the topics covered over the past year, what is your idea of the "perfect" Dodge Charger?

Is it an original car?  :popcrn: A resto-mod which can be enjoyed  :shruggy: a pro-tour hot rod?  :scratchchin: or a rotisserie restoration  :popcrn:

Post pics of your best example of the perfect Charger in your book  :cheers:

kab69440

Highbanked Hauler has THE look nailed. I'd take mine with a gold over white paint scheme, but otherwise that 500 is perfect!
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

miller

2005 Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster Custom - Maggie
2012 370Z NISMO - Courtney
1979 Corvette L-82 - Lilly
1969 Dodge Charger R/T Clone - Vanessa

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: miller on December 31, 2011, 01:33:45 PM
You should make a poll.

Maybe a Moderator could do just that, I must have missed that option somewhere. Thanks  :cheers:

Cooter

Make mine with all the handling and upgraded stuff like Fuel Inj., but leave the big azz, Pimped out, Rubber band, Chip Foose wheels at home thank you.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

moparguy01

My idea of a perfect charger is one that's driven. They need to be enjoyed for what they are, not just as a piece of art.

billschroeder5842

I like mine the way I had it high school; mostly stock with bolt-ons. Each time I jump in I'm instantly 16 again.
Texas Proud!

Rolling_Thunder

A Charger that is right for me is one that is reliable, economic, handles well, stops well, and looks good...    I plan on making my Charger do all of that...    6.1L hemi - Viper T56  -  3.91 Sure Grip   - Handling bits...     all that fun stuff --- 

As for the wheels - I plan on running 18" wheels...   simply because I will need those hoops to clear the brakes I am making.   :nana:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

bill440rt

Maybe add another choice in the poll: All of the Above.

I don't really have a "perfect" ideal of a Charger. I guess as long as it's done right & looks nice, I like it.
There are some 100% stock ones I'd prefer over a pro-touring, & vice versa. 
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

FlatbackFanatic

Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

elanmars

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on December 31, 2011, 04:15:33 PM
A Charger that is right for me is one that is reliable, economic, handles well, stops well, and looks good...    I plan on making my Charger do all of that...    6.1L hemi - Viper T56  -  3.91 Sure Grip   - Handling bits...     all that fun stuff --- 

As for the wheels - I plan on running 18" wheels...   simply because I will need those hoops to clear the brakes I am making.   :nana:

I wish I had your skills! or could afford to build a car like that.

:(
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: elanmars on December 31, 2011, 07:45:11 PM
Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on December 31, 2011, 04:15:33 PM

I wish I had your skills! or could afford to build a car like that.

:(

Its all about time and place my friend....    I have less than $25,000 into the car - including purchasing the car itself...     The Paint, Bodywork, and the Car itself was about $16,000 - I have about another $9,000 in engine, trans, etc...     The Wheels and Tires and Brakes will put the final tally right at $30,000 ---  not bad for a protouring mopar IMO -  Look for deals, network, and dumb luck got me there.
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

404NOTFOUND

I guess I never really thought of my car being "perfect" for me, yet it is because my perfect Charger is a stock appearing car inside and out that has extra muscle hidden under the hood. Kinda the same way you would find these cars five or ten years after they were made. I'm also OK with aftermarket wheels as long as they don't exceed 15" diameter. I'm all for 100% stock if the car is numbers matching but, my car is not one of those.
My 1969 Charger. RIP......Rest in pieces.

UH60L

The one I can afford, or am lucky enough to own.  In my case it's a combination clone / resto-mod.  Started as a 318 car, will end up as a R/T clone with a few mdoern things like keyless entry alarm, modern stereo, and all new wiring.

But it's mine, all mine, and that makes it the best one to me (unless I win the lottery, then I'm gonna own several and drive them all when I can!)

Kern Dog

Quote from: 404NOTFOUND on December 31, 2011, 08:56:06 PM
I'm also OK with aftermarket wheels as long as they don't exceed 15" diameter.

Yeah.... STICK with that logic.

autodynamics

SFRT

Mine, but with a Passon 5 speed in it..if they are ever friggin available.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

kokxville

1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

PocketThunder

Quote from: autodynamics on January 02, 2012, 12:28:58 AM
I like them except when they have tiny 15" wheels on them

:rofl:   :rofl:   :rofl:   :rofl:

I like any charger that runs and is paid for.
Paul
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

NYCMille

You want to make these cars great, here's 3-simple steps:

1. Ditch the drum brakes and put on a nice 4-wheel disc kit
2. Put on some good sway-bars, springs and bushings
3. Run whatever wheels and tires you want

Call that pro-touring, resto-mod or whatever - in my book, that's simple bolt-on safety stuff that makes EVERY Charger better.

autodynamics

elanmars

^as far as the bushings, sway bars and springs, what do you two pros recommend? the last car I had already came with better springs, I just can't remember where they were from. I just knew it rode nicer for a 1969 in comparison to the one I had previously.
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography