News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

70 Cuda - Nice car BUT.....

Started by 1970Moparmann, December 31, 2011, 09:36:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Patronus

thats a very rare 74 70 Cuda. Those Ebody guys are  :image_294343:
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

bill440rt

All that invested and they couldn't get the side marker on straight??  :shruggy:
Geez...
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

thedodgeboys

How do you invest ok that's over spent  :smilielol: 300k you start with a very rusty car and pay someone to do everything for you twice with top shelf parts. And it's not even efi  :slap:

nvrbdn

Quote from: bill440rt on December 31, 2011, 10:30:21 AM
All that invested and they couldn't get the side marker on straight??  :shruggy:
Geez...

mabey they set the ride height and then made the marker light level with the pavement. :shruggy:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Nacho-RT74

if they had to use 3 donors to make a 70 looking like a 71, WHY DIDN'T BUILT A 71 ?
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

64dartgt

Wow...that would have bought him about three 1971 Hemi Chargers in #10 condition.

Todd Wilson

100$ an hour at 2200 hours is 220g's in labor. Maybe theres 80g+ worth of parts and special goodies on that car?  They also could be BS'ing  as thats usually what car salesman of any type try and do. BS is the name of the game!

It is a sweet car  but that dash/gauge cluster has got to go!

Todd

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

The whole E-body price spikes were more fiction than fact...  :yesnod:

Tak e a nice E-body in the late 80s or early 90s and you might have had an $80k-$100k car... But then take it to auction and have your "buddies" bid it up and "buy" it for a cool 1/4 million and real sale or not, the rest of the E-Body cars just went up in value, right?  :popcrn:

When the first E-Body was sold for over a Million dollars, it was more of the same, friends buying friends cars - or did they really take title, of was it all smoke and mirrors  :popcrn:

adauto

Quote from: Patronus on December 31, 2011, 10:08:12 AM
thats a very rare 74 70 Cuda. Those Ebody guys are  :image_294343:

Not all.............. but most....  ::)
Never too many! 70 Chally R/T Convert-70 GTX-68-69-74 Charger-68 Dart GTS

http://a-dauto.com/  http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

autodynamics

dkn1997

wow...300 grand invested in that?  For that much, nothing should have been missed. 

-There should not be a zip tie holding up the E brake cable on the drivers side.  I know it's nick picking, but for that money, weld a tab on the rear end and clamp the cable properly...maybe go crazy and use something that requires a screw of some sort

-Gauge cluster is a joke.  order a piece of carbon fiber, drill holes and buy some gauges.  for a car of this supposed level, do something custom and cool, not just what I could do in my garage with a hole saw

-I guess the budget was blown and they couldn't afford a center console?

-two eddy carbs?  come on, put EFI on it at least. At least a FAST EZ throttle body system.  But really, for this kind of coin, go full on and do port EFI and a custom tune.

-Maybe they were originally going to put this on a truck frame and go mudding?  can't explain the 4x4 stance any other way.  They blow several thousand on Fiske wheels, Gforce tires, XV suspension, and then they don't lower the car?  If it's 80's stinkbug stance then fine, put 15" centerlines w/pro tracs on it and call it a day

It's a real shame they missed the mark.  Any of us would kill for that kind of budget to build a car.

RECHRGED

Rolling_Thunder

for that money i would think they would at least get a new gas pedal and clutch / brake pedal pads.
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

bill440rt

The Fiske wheels are HUGE money, BTW.
:Twocents:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

roadrunner440

verry sweet car but 300- 350 grand is insane

Cooter

Quote from: Todd Wilson on January 01, 2012, 02:30:50 PM
100$ an hour at 2200 hours is 220g's in labor. Maybe theres 80g+ worth of parts and special goodies on that car?  They also could be BS'ing  as thats usually what car salesman of any type try and do. BS is the name of the game!

Todd

Amen. Finally, someone who knows why this car is priced the way it is.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

NYCMille

Looks like XV car to me... that may explain why.

roadrunner440

who in there right mind would pay this kind of money for this kind of car y would this car bring this kind of money

hemi-hampton

Quote from: Cooter on January 02, 2012, 01:08:56 PM
Quote from: Todd Wilson on January 01, 2012, 02:30:50 PM

Todd

Amen. Finally, someone who knows why this car is priced the way it is.

I Agree

mauve66

with a budget like that they could of just bought a real tona and called it a day with a better car and 150 grand for the bimbo to ride next to them
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

1970Moparmann

Quote from: NYCMille on January 02, 2012, 01:38:55 PM

Mike, I bet your right! :2thumbs:

1970Moparmann

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: NYCMille on January 02, 2012, 01:38:55 PM

Not sure on that Mike - XV may have done the suspension install but the car is not painted black on the bottom and the brake / fuel lines look a LOT nicer than anything XV had ever done....       :smilielol:    The seats look like the XV seats to me without the logos...        so maybe they sent the shell to XV for the suspension install and stuff - maybe thats the 2200 hours in labor.  

The engine looks like a Indy crate...     nothing fancy there but I doubt XV would put indy valve covers on one of their cars...   plus the lack of the seat belts and center console...     

PS - how do you like your strut brace ?  
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

bill440rt

Unfortunately with hi-dollar builds like this, more often than not you almost never get back what is invested in labor.

NYCMille

Still haven't installed the strut brace as of yet... just not sure which car to put it in, the Charger or Daytona. Honestly, I think we're going to ditch the 471 stroker in the Daytona and go with a 6.1 and then maybe I'll actually get around to installing that thing... LOL!