News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Where to get speedometer fixed?

Started by WH23G3G, December 27, 2011, 12:55:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WH23G3G

Where can I get my speedometer fixed? I put a new cable on when I was doing everything to my Charger but the cable was way too long but I still hooked it up. The speedometer is a standard gauge package but out of a 72 Highway Patrol car. It worked for a few miles and then stopped. I put in a new gear in the transmission too when I put on the cable. It was making a buzzing noise around 35-40 when we drove it for a few miles so I figured the speedometer gear in the speedometer was going out. But $200 is a lot just to get it working again. It was accurate to the speed though.

roadrunner440

i have a few spedos for the 71 74 b body with a rally dash if thats will work for u same as a 73 or 74 rr if that works for your application let me know

WH23G3G

I actually didn't want to change to a Ralley dash. Mine originally came with the standard cluster plus it's kind of unique to have cop car speedometer in a Charger. I just need to get my speedometer fixed.

A383Wing

not sure where you are located, but any reputable speedometer repair shop should be able to fix it.....do a search on the Internet in your area.....I bet you will find a few

Bryan

WH23G3G

I found one speedometer shop in my area thats been doing it for years. I called them and asked and they said they can't do old Mopar speedometer because they can't get the parts to fix them. They said they knew what was wrong with it and how to fix it but just couldn't get the parts anywhere.

TXcharger70