News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

what performance part to buy next?

Started by coxie1996, December 23, 2011, 04:10:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxie1996

so Christmas is around the corner.. and so is the money I'm getting ha, ordering an aluminum radiator with dual fans.. already got the new water pump in and the cars runs great! I'm either thinking a more aggressive cam? or rocker arms? maybe just save the money for forged internals for next year when i get twin turbo! lol ill keep dreaming for now.. any other high HP parts i can get cheap? you guys know more than me, thanks and merry Christmas!

elacruze

Slicks and a season pass to your local drag strip.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

coxie1996

a few problems with that haha the local strip is hours away.. and my tires grip like crazy.. i need more hp before the strip.. maybe a trip to the dyno to see what shes running!

elacruze

There ya go, probably more hp/$$ than anything else you can add, and you don't have to get dirty.  :2thumbs:
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

Ghoste

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

404NOTFOUND

Cam. Even if it doesn't go faster, the sound and feel are priceless.
My 1969 Charger. RIP......Rest in pieces.

coxie1996

Quote from: Ghoste on December 23, 2011, 06:27:54 PM
A stroker kit.

was thinking about a stroker kit for my 400 BB i heard itd be a 499 with 440 rods.. and different pistons along with the stroker crank.. but i need more info on this.. i looked it up but couldnt find alot on this

Ghoste

There should be tons of info out there, what are you using as keys in the search?  Even on this site there are several documented builds.

Budnicks

Quote from: coxie1996 on December 26, 2011, 01:18:45 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on December 23, 2011, 06:27:54 PM
A stroker kit.

was thinking about a stroker kit for my 400 BB i heard itd be a 499 with 440 rods.. and different pistons along with the stroker crank.. but i need more info on this.. i looked it up but couldnt find alot on this
Mancini Racing will set you up with everything you will need... Very good informative guys & very helpful, especially if your a beginning builder they will spend the extra time, they won't steer you in the wrong direction... Good luck "there is no replacement for displacement"
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

coxie1996

Quote from: Ghoste on December 26, 2011, 02:35:50 PM
what are you using as keys in the search?  Even on this site there are several documented builds.

im using stroker, 400 stroker, 499, etc. and ive looked couldnt find alot. but then again i was pressed on time

Ghoste

Did you look in the "Proven Engine Combos" forum?

coxie1996

Quote from: Ghoste on December 27, 2011, 08:17:48 PM
Did you look in the "Proven Engine Combos" forum?
i will now.. thanks! how much u think it would cost to make it a stroker 499? and what all would i have to do? im kinda new to this ha

Ghoste

Kind of a loaded question.  Do you already have the 400?

coxie1996

Quote from: Ghoste on December 27, 2011, 10:20:10 PM
Do you already have the 400?
yes i do.. been taking parts off and restoring them to new, one part at a time. i just need some advice to making it a stroker.. thanks

Ghoste

You can get the basic kit fairly cheap.  Just over 2k but then you need to factor in machining and assembly.

coxie1996

Quote from: Ghoste on December 27, 2011, 10:28:17 PM
You can get the basic kit fairly cheap.  Just over 2k but then you need to factor in machining and assembly.
ahh okay well thanks.. i appreciate it

greenpigs

Putting the car on a diet can be done for free. Not sure what your plans are but that interior has a lot of dead weight your carring around. Some white covered fiberglass front buckets is a start.

1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

coxie1996

Quote from: greenpigs on December 28, 2011, 08:02:11 PM
Putting the car on a diet can be done for free. Not sure what your plans are but that interior has a lot of dead weight your carring around. Some white covered fiberglass front buckets is a start.

i want to make it pro street, im thinking of getting racing seats up front and tubbing the back.. itll be like a drive every once and a while car

Budnicks

Quote from: coxie1996 on December 29, 2011, 04:48:59 PM
Quote from: greenpigs on December 28, 2011, 08:02:11 PM

i want to make it pro street, im thinking of getting racing seats up front and tubbing the back.. itll be like a drive every once and a while car
If your planning on running faster than 11.50ets I would highly suggest you get a rule book from what ever sanctioning body {NHRA IHRA NDRA etc.}, that your local track is affiliated with, you need to have some very specific safety equipment, roll bar/cage, fuel/brake line routing & cell/tank, seats & harnesses, trans blanket/shields, drive-line loop, wheel studs & lugs, too many to list here, all will need proper SFI catogoried certified parts & such... Good luck with your stroker Pro-Street quest...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Ghoste

To be honest, if you plan to run that quickly then picking up a rule book and following the safety requirements is a good idea even if you never plan to take it to the track.