News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone know this Bird?

Started by hemiviper588, December 18, 2011, 11:01:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

WINGIN IT

That second one has been for sale for a while.
Tried to do some trading and cash for it, but it was a no go.
Not sure if he still has it or not. He had it consigned to a dealership after I spoke with him.

It's U-code car with a dealer six-pack added.
From my understanding he bought the car from the original owner .
There was a good story to it, will have to look into my archives .

Budnicks

"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

WINGIN IT

Here's the fender tag on that second one:

GULFGLENY

I almost bought the green bird. Glad my B5 superbird come up before this one was avaliable. This green bird is only 150 miles from me, but everytime I wanted to look at it , it  was not in his possesion. Why list a car on ebay if you dont have it yet. He claims to have traded one of his vettes for it and the guy could not come up with the rest of the money so the guy offered the superbird for trade of the rest of the money, exspensive vette! I asked him why no nose pictures, he said the car was in the garage and he couldnt get a good angle. Now the second time listed, and still no nose pics. I asked him why the wing trunk braces were laying in the trunk floor. He said he did not know and that he was not a superbird guy. I asked him why the brace brakets were not welded to the trunk floor, he said he did not know, and that the trunk floor was original. He said its all restored he thinks rebuilt engine and trans, I asked him if it was numbers matching, he said its supposed to be. Buyer beware take a good look at it , somthings up with the wing braces. Look at the ebay pics in the trunk. H called me a couple days ago and he has the car now if I wanted to look at it, I said sorry , I already bought one. He said 85,000 would buy this one,just wants his money back out of it.

held1823

here are the photos of the second one, in case the link should become inactive
www.aeclassic.com/1970_Plymouth_Superbird_Roadrunner/index.html
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

WINGIN IT

Quote from: GULFGLENY on December 19, 2011, 07:27:51 PM
I almost bought the green bird. Glad my B5 superbird come up before this one was avaliable. This green bird is only 150 miles from me, but everytime I wanted to look at it , it  was not in his possesion. Why list a car on ebay if you dont have it yet. He claims to have traded one of his vettes for it and the guy could not come up with the rest of the money so the guy offered the superbird for trade of the rest of the money, exspensive vette! I asked him why no nose pictures, he said the car was in the garage and he couldnt get a good angle. Now the second time listed, and still no nose pics. I asked him why the wing trunk braces were laying in the trunk floor. He said he did not know and that he was not a superbird guy. I asked him why the brace brakets were not welded to the trunk floor, he said he did not know, and that the trunk floor was original. He said its all restored he thinks rebuilt engine and trans, I asked him if it was numbers matching, he said its supposed to be. Buyer beware take a good look at it , somthings up with the wing braces. Look at the ebay pics in the trunk. H called me a couple days ago and he has the car now if I wanted to look at it, I said sorry , I already bought one. He said 85,000 would buy this one,just wants his money back out of it.
Interesting. Looks like a bird I looked at last year, fairly close to me, in CT.  No way to know for sure, but the car's motor was definitely rebuilt, had bigger exhaust as well, ( did sound great). Don't recall the trunk having the braces like that though.  What turned me off was the attention to detail - or lack there of - around the headlights ( not all blacked out and could see the green).   Guy wanted $75K for it at the time.